Reply
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 09/11/2003
Offline
16881 posts
 

Re: ULTIMATE TIPS for the next SOCOM>>>>>>>>

Nov 30, 2012

uh--oh wrote:

S_L_I_C_K wrote:

uh--oh wrote:

HITMAN1342 wrote:

FROST_420 wrote:

HITMAN1342 wrote:

Well, the reason almost every gunfight in Con sucked was because of the run button........ I don't really get how people don't understand that. Knife wasn't too bad in Con, but again waste of a button. I could be yelling for my teammates to cover me instead, wait wait, this is a team based tactical shooter right?


     I have great gun fights every day on Con. and it was only 3 days ago I had my most epic gun fight in that game. Both teams watched us last 2 go at it for almost a full minute and everyone in the room was in agreement it was an epic gun fight no matter what the game. It's funny how people can complain that they can't move fast enough but their target is moving too fast to hit.



Slightly embarrassed for you, no offense sincerely. It has never taken me more than five seconds to kill or be killed in Con due to the snail paced strafing. I like realism, but sometimes you need fun over realism, and a close gunfight is one of those times


nicely put. I miss those gunfights in old socoms. Used to make me laugh when two people are running around in a circle using 3 clips just to kill each other.


yep! theres nothing like bad hit detection to make yourself feel special!

bad hit detection was designed for unskilled players, i think i am starting to see why you hated con so much, you couldnt last long enough to get a kill...:smileyvery-happy:   i guess you hated socom 1 just as much as con then. 


 Me unskilled. lmao I think thats your shoe to wear. Your the one who is scared socom goes back to its roots. Guess you got tired of waiting 4 and half minutes on a 5 min room s

what makes you say that?

Photobucket
Message 41 of 349 (256 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 12/14/2009
Offline
127 posts
 

Re: ULTIMATE TIPS for the next SOCOM>>>>>>>>

Nov 30, 2012

S_L_I_C_K wrote:

uh--oh wrote:

HITMAN1342 wrote:

FROST_420 wrote:

HITMAN1342 wrote:

Well, the reason almost every gunfight in Con sucked was because of the run button........ I don't really get how people don't understand that. Knife wasn't too bad in Con, but again waste of a button. I could be yelling for my teammates to cover me instead, wait wait, this is a team based tactical shooter right?


     I have great gun fights every day on Con. and it was only 3 days ago I had my most epic gun fight in that game. Both teams watched us last 2 go at it for almost a full minute and everyone in the room was in agreement it was an epic gun fight no matter what the game. It's funny how people can complain that they can't move fast enough but their target is moving too fast to hit.



Slightly embarrassed for you, no offense sincerely. It has never taken me more than five seconds to kill or be killed in Con due to the snail paced strafing. I like realism, but sometimes you need fun over realism, and a close gunfight is one of those times


nicely put. I miss those gunfights in old socoms. Used to make me laugh when two people are running around in a circle using 3 clips just to kill each other.


yep! theres nothing like bad hit detection to make yourself feel special!

bad hit detection was designed for unskilled players, i think i am starting to see why you hated con so much, you couldnt last long enough to get a kill...:smileyvery-happy:   i guess you hated socom 1 just as much as con then. 


If you're talking to me I had a pretty solid k/d on every SOCOM, and SOCOM I did indeed have some great gun fights!

Message 42 of 349 (255 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 09/11/2003
Offline
16881 posts
 

Re: ULTIMATE TIPS for the next SOCOM>>>>>>>>

Nov 30, 2012

HITMAN1342 wrote:

S_L_I_C_K wrote:

uh--oh wrote:

HITMAN1342 wrote:

FROST_420 wrote:

HITMAN1342 wrote:

Well, the reason almost every gunfight in Con sucked was because of the run button........ I don't really get how people don't understand that. Knife wasn't too bad in Con, but again waste of a button. I could be yelling for my teammates to cover me instead, wait wait, this is a team based tactical shooter right?


     I have great gun fights every day on Con. and it was only 3 days ago I had my most epic gun fight in that game. Both teams watched us last 2 go at it for almost a full minute and everyone in the room was in agreement it was an epic gun fight no matter what the game. It's funny how people can complain that they can't move fast enough but their target is moving too fast to hit.



Slightly embarrassed for you, no offense sincerely. It has never taken me more than five seconds to kill or be killed in Con due to the snail paced strafing. I like realism, but sometimes you need fun over realism, and a close gunfight is one of those times


nicely put. I miss those gunfights in old socoms. Used to make me laugh when two people are running around in a circle using 3 clips just to kill each other.


yep! theres nothing like bad hit detection to make yourself feel special!

bad hit detection was designed for unskilled players, i think i am starting to see why you hated con so much, you couldnt last long enough to get a kill...:smileyvery-happy:   i guess you hated socom 1 just as much as con then. 


If you're talking to me I had a pretty solid k/d on every SOCOM, and SOCOM I did indeed have some great gun fights!


i was talking to mr 20 names uh oh.

but either way socom 2-combined assault had broken hit detection/random bullet spray which is what made those "epic" straff battles possible.  socom 1 and con had solid hit detection and recoil.  that meant the player with the better aim got rewarded with the kill.  when people talk about how great those round and round gun battle were they are praising broken gun mechanics.

 

socom 2 had broken hit detection, socom 3 and ca had random bullet spray which was added to help lesser skilled players. people that loved those systems must have been lesser skilled by default since it was designed with them in mind.

Photobucket
Message 43 of 349 (246 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 08/30/2009
Offline
241 posts
 

Re: ULTIMATE TIPS for the next SOCOM>>>>>>>>

Nov 30, 2012

We're all talking about the next SOCOM. Well in my opinion forget it. Just remake S2 LOL.

Message 44 of 349 (238 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 01/31/2009
Offline
15 posts
 

vote for socom 1 hd

Nov 30, 2012
Message 45 of 349 (234 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 12/14/2009
Offline
127 posts
 

Re: ULTIMATE TIPS for the next SOCOM>>>>>>>>

Nov 30, 2012

I do beleive the hit detection in SOCOM II was not that great, but I can honestly say after about 700 hours of playing it that I barely even noticed it as a problem. Headshots always registered as well as chest shots in my case anyway. There were certain areas that were spotty like the feet and sometimes the hip area I recall. I think people are putting too much on the slightly faulty hit system to try and make these new SOCOMs less of a burden on the series. SOCOM I and II both had solid gunfights because the slower fire rates and the faster strafing, plus the bullets actually went where you aimed go figure :smileyvery-happy:.

 

I'm not trying to pick a side here, but I enjoyed the slower fire rates as well, even though the real life guns actually shot many more rounds per minute. I always had the mindset that the slower fire rates were to purposefully done like that to counter real life bullet spray. Like an actual soldier doesn't shoot their rifle automatic, you know what I'm trying to say? Idk, I liked every SOCOM with the exception of 4 and starting to finally lose interest and hope with this series

Message 46 of 349 (233 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 10/19/2010
Offline
2200 posts
 

Re: ULTIMATE TIPS for the next SOCOM>>>>>>>>

[ Edited ]
Nov 30, 2012

HITMAN1342 wrote:

FROST_420 wrote:

HITMAN1342 wrote:

Well, the reason almost every gunfight in Con sucked was because of the run button........ I don't really get how people don't understand that. Knife wasn't too bad in Con, but again waste of a button. I could be yelling for my teammates to cover me instead, wait wait, this is a team based tactical shooter right?


     I have great gun fights every day on Con. and it was only 3 days ago I had my most epic gun fight in that game. Both teams watched us last 2 go at it for almost a full minute and everyone in the room was in agreement it was an epic gun fight no matter what the game. It's funny how people can complain that they can't move fast enough but their target is moving too fast to hit.



Slightly embarrassed for you, no offense sincerely. It has never taken me more than five seconds to kill or be killed in Con due to the snail paced strafing. I like realism, but sometimes you need fun over realism, and a close gunfight is one of those times


     This I can believe but you see the difference here was we were 2 skilled players battling, not a couple of turtles that bumped into one another by accident LOL. You've never lasted more than 5 seconds and you're embarrassed for me? Do even you realize what you just said or were you so offended that you just spit out the first piece of nonsense that came to mind, that I'm sure must of been a lie, right? As for fun over realism, well there's always that fun arcade game COD isn't there?

Message 47 of 349 (227 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 12/14/2009
Offline
127 posts
 

Re: ULTIMATE TIPS for the next SOCOM>>>>>>>>

Nov 30, 2012

FROST_420 wrote:

HITMAN1342 wrote:

FROST_420 wrote:

HITMAN1342 wrote:

Well, the reason almost every gunfight in Con sucked was because of the run button........ I don't really get how people don't understand that. Knife wasn't too bad in Con, but again waste of a button. I could be yelling for my teammates to cover me instead, wait wait, this is a team based tactical shooter right?


     I have great gun fights every day on Con. and it was only 3 days ago I had my most epic gun fight in that game. Both teams watched us last 2 go at it for almost a full minute and everyone in the room was in agreement it was an epic gun fight no matter what the game. It's funny how people can complain that they can't move fast enough but their target is moving too fast to hit.



Slightly embarrassed for you, no offense sincerely. It has never taken me more than five seconds to kill or be killed in Con due to the snail paced strafing. I like realism, but sometimes you need fun over realism, and a close gunfight is one of those times


     This I can believe but you see the difference here was we were 2 skilled players battling, not a couple of turtles that bumped into one another by accident LOL. You've never lasted more than 5 seconds and you're embarrassed for me? Do even you realize what you just said or were you so offended that you just spit out the first piece of nonsense that came to mind, that I'm sure must of been a lie, right? As for fun over realism, well there's always that fun arcade game COD isn't there?


Truth hurts too much, sorry brother. And no, that is not a lie. As for CoD, you seriously think I want to play CoD when I'm one of the SOCOMers a bit angry by SOCOMs gravitating towards that style? Plus CoD gunfights are just as quick and done as Confrontation so, to answer your question....... no -_-

Message 48 of 349 (219 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 10/19/2010
Offline
2200 posts
 

Re: ULTIMATE TIPS for the next SOCOM>>>>>>>>

Nov 30, 2012

HITMAN1342 wrote:

FROST_420 wrote:

HITMAN1342 wrote:

FROST_420 wrote:

HITMAN1342 wrote:

Well, the reason almost every gunfight in Con sucked was because of the run button........ I don't really get how people don't understand that. Knife wasn't too bad in Con, but again waste of a button. I could be yelling for my teammates to cover me instead, wait wait, this is a team based tactical shooter right?


     I have great gun fights every day on Con. and it was only 3 days ago I had my most epic gun fight in that game. Both teams watched us last 2 go at it for almost a full minute and everyone in the room was in agreement it was an epic gun fight no matter what the game. It's funny how people can complain that they can't move fast enough but their target is moving too fast to hit.



Slightly embarrassed for you, no offense sincerely. It has never taken me more than five seconds to kill or be killed in Con due to the snail paced strafing. I like realism, but sometimes you need fun over realism, and a close gunfight is one of those times


     This I can believe but you see the difference here was we were 2 skilled players battling, not a couple of turtles that bumped into one another by accident LOL. You've never lasted more than 5 seconds and you're embarrassed for me? Do even you realize what you just said or were you so offended that you just spit out the first piece of nonsense that came to mind, that I'm sure must of been a lie, right? As for fun over realism, well there's always that fun arcade game COD isn't there?


Truth hurts too much, sorry brother. And no, that is not a lie. As for CoD, you seriously think I want to play CoD when I'm one of the SOCOMers a bit angry by SOCOMs gravitating towards that style? Plus CoD gunfights are just as quick and done as Confrontation so, to answer your question....... no -_-


  Ya, I'm devistated, maybe you can find a game where you attack your enemy with kisses LOL. Ya that's it, and it takes 2 days to smother your victim in kisses :smileyvery-happy: Just imagine what kind of beast you wuld be at that game:smileyvery-happy:

Message 49 of 349 (215 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 09/03/2009
Offline
4253 posts
 

Re: ULTIMATE TIPS for the next SOCOM>>>>>>>>

[ Edited ]
Nov 30, 2012

HITMAN1342 wrote:

 Plus CoD gunfights are just as quick and done as Confrontation so, to answer your question....... no -_-

 

Are you saying con GB were too quick? I thought they were perfect.

___________________________________________________________
I backed H-Hour ! Why because I would rather play a game then run my mouth on a forum.
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1687497632/h-hour-worlds-elite-0






Message 50 of 349 (207 Views)
Reply
0 Likes