Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Feb 04 2011
By: PAUL-AWOL- Treasure Hunter 8933 posts

Thank you Zipper, i had a great time. I played SOCOM 4 and this is my opinion.

116 replies 381 views Edited Feb 4, 2011

To start off with Zipper was 1st class all the way and they treated all of us more than just fans of a video game.  

Pistols are gone from Socom ???? I don't agree with this at all, your secondary weapon can be what ever is available for you to choose.  You can't have two shot guns but you can have a Sniper rifle with a Shotty and etc.  I will miss pistols only, that is Socom and another feature is lost.

There is a mode called Classic mode, there is no D-Pad lean, Snap to cover or health regen in this mode.  Classic Mode was only made available to us as Supression only.  PTT was in this mode using the up button on the D-PAD, didn't work well.

The game over all looked and felt like MAG with a SOCOM name.  The camera view was very close and needed to be zoomed out, it was very hard to L1 zoom and not have over half your head in the screen.

Demo mode was was not presented and I don't now the future of Demo mode.  Zipper did not say it wasn't in Socom 4, but don't be suprised if it isn't.  We all raised hell about this and told Seth many many times how important Demo is to Socom. 

Classic lobbies are gone, there is a COD style Lobby system now but you still have sides you can choose, such as spec ops or insurgence, but that is the extent of it.  The mode we played you can't access your weapons thru the lobby, but they stated it will be there, I hope so.

If it wasn't for the Classic Mode I would have probably walked around and visited everyone else.

For those who wanted Ranked Respawn, you got it.  Open mics. The Ranked Respawn side of Socom was almost an exact mirror image of Mag 3rd person style.

PMN mines are back but you have to rank up to get them as you do with attachments "front grip, suppressors and etc", the rank structure in Socom 4 is similar to Mags.

Reloading was not fast at all, there was some sort of small wheel that when reloading popped up on the screen and you had to wait for it to complete a circle or your re-load failed.  I can't remember if you have to hold down the square button the whole time or not, but it wasn't something I cared for. 

Grenade Arc needs to be in this game, I killed myself so many times it started to piss me off.  Grenades are thrown according to your crosshair location using the R2 button.  What is cool you can pick up nades off of dead bodies is back. 

We did not get to play or see the whole game IMO.  The Clan side of the game was not made available to us, but they stated there will be a way to create a Clan, how ? we do not know.

I do want to put this out there for everyone.  I don't want to sway anyone from Socom at all, this is just what I viewed and are my opinions of Socom 4 having played it.  

Many of my comments are facts but some are my opinions, and in fairness to you and Zipper please do me a favor and play the BETA and judge it for yourself before writing off ZIPPER. 

I will let this thread run for a bit because I am going for some beverages tonight with my new found buds.

http://socomfans.forumotion.net/

photo newsocomfansbanner-1-1.png
Please use plain text.
Message 112 of 117 (381 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
529 posts

Re: Thank you Zipper, i had a great time. I played SOCOM 4 and this is my opinio

Jan 28, 2011
Thanks a lot for your honest opinion. Pretty much what I was expecting after reading all the info.
jaffeturd
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 117 (381 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2047 posts

Re: Thank you Zipper, i had a great time. I played SOCOM 4 and this is my opinio

Jan 28, 2011

thats BS

CS:GO = NeW CrAcK
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 117 (381 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15781 posts

Jan 28, 2011

Hmmmm.... this is really sounding like "an all new experience".  I didn't see this coming at all.

Recognize My Disease
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 117 (381 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4566 posts

Jan 28, 2011

VOODOO-x- wrote:

Hmmmm.... this is really sounding like "an all new experience".  I didn't see this coming at all.

No one ever listens to you anymore Voodoo.

MakoShark Trophy Card
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 117 (381 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8564 posts

Jan 28, 2011

VOODOO-x- wrote:

You were right about the "all new modes" thing.  Honestly, the old modes sound 10 times better than these new ones.  They seem like they've been ripped right from MAG.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 117 (381 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
348 posts

Jan 28, 2011
Thanks Paul! i was waiting for your input more than anyone else's. Looks like I won't be buying Socom 4.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 117 (381 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3730 posts

Jan 28, 2011

VOODOO-x- wrote:

sure alienate your true fans to appease the masses, yea if socoms classical mode isnt phenominial im done with zipper.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 117 (381 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1778 posts

Jan 28, 2011

Thnx for the heads up

PS3- Metal Gear Solid Bundle(80GB)
Move Bundle(320GB)
Waiting for Socom 4!!!
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 117 (381 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4473 posts

Jan 28, 2011
Thanks for your review Paul.
 photo FotoFlexer_PhotoS2popular.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 117 (381 Views)
0 Likes