Feb 27 2013
By: uh--oh Fender Bender 4320 posts

Sony how long are you going to ignore your fans here?

127 replies 648 views Edited Feb 27, 2013

With the recent news release of the ps4 stirs up a lot of potential games needed at time of release. How about giving some hope here to the original socom fans?

HOW ABOUT BUILDING A NEW CLASSIC SOCOM? WHAT SAY YOU.............

Message 1 of 128 (648 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4253 posts

Re: Sony how long are you going to ignore your fans here?

[ Edited ]
Feb 27, 2013

You have 3 games You are not sonys  target market.

http://us.playstation.com/publictrophy/index.htm?onlinename=uh--oh

You have no time on con or s4 stop making topics no cares about you opinion until you get some stats. 

Message 2 of 128 (636 Views)
Fender Bender
3122 posts

Feb 27, 2013
Hopefully with the new system ( ps4) Sony can pump out games much quicker then they could with the ps3, they basically said as much during the release show. I would have to figure they have somekind of SOCOM in the works and judging from the recent Sony president comments they know we want a classic SOCOM. I think now we just have to wait until e3 for them to announce it. Will it be ready for the release of the ps4, I think it's possible if the ps4 is as easy to work with as Sony claims. The days of waiting 2 or 3 years for them to make a game should be over. But yeah, I think everyone is getting tired of waiting for news about SOCOM, so now wOuld be a good time to spill the beans Sony.
Message 3 of 128 (624 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4253 posts

Feb 27, 2013

@madden

Why would you think it would be easier? or fatser?

Message 4 of 128 (621 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3122 posts

Feb 27, 2013
They said during the release show that ps4 is alot easier to develop game for than ps3. Also if you look at the long list of developers they have working on ps4 games, it wouldn't be far fetched to think one of them is working on SOCOM. I'm thinking the biggest draw of the ps4 will be a huge library of games that run much better and smoother then ps3 games. Also, it seems alot of people missed the part where they talked about re-releasing most old ps and ps2 games on ps4 with hd graphics. If they were to sell old SOCOMs on ps4 with hd graphics, one would assume they would turn the servers back on for those games.
Message 5 of 128 (619 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3122 posts

Feb 27, 2013
I'm probably a little too optimistic for most people around here but that's how I see it. Of course Sony could have been lying to us.
Message 6 of 128 (617 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4253 posts

Feb 27, 2013

Easier for outside company's socom was handled inside. Games are still going to take years to make if they are triple A releases.

Message 7 of 128 (614 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
16881 posts

Feb 27, 2013

Execrate wrote:

Easier for outside company's socom was handled inside. Games are still going to take years to make if they are triple A releases.

easier for ANYBODY!

the ps3 was a nightmare to build games on, ask every and any developer, they will all tell you the same thing.  watch the ps4 release vid, they even said it was a mistake to build the ps3 the way they built it.  first party devs had the same problems 3rd party devs had and as far as socom being handled inside, con was developed by a 3rd party dev.

Photobucket
Message 8 of 128 (610 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4253 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 27, 2013

Slant and zipper both had sony support.... IDC  either way games will still take a long time.

If socom is coming it is already in devolpment and they are not here asking for feed back.

Message 9 of 128 (608 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
16881 posts

Feb 27, 2013

MADDENKING1980 wrote:
They said during the release show that ps4 is alot easier to develop game for than ps3. Also if you look at the long list of developers they have working on ps4 games, it wouldn't be far fetched to think one of them is working on SOCOM. I'm thinking the biggest draw of the ps4 will be a huge library of games that run much better and smoother then ps3 games. Also, it seems alot of people missed the part where they talked about re-releasing most old ps and ps2 games on ps4 with hd graphics. If they were to sell old SOCOMs on ps4 with hd graphics, one would assume they would turn the servers back on for those games.

the way i see it is, easier to program equals faster and cheaper?  if its easier to program then its going to take less time, if it takes less time thats a whole lot of programmers that wont need to be paid.

Photobucket
Message 10 of 128 (607 Views)
0 Likes