Sackboy
530 posts

Re: Socom 5 or Confrontation 2? Will Slant Six develop the next Socom game?

May 18, 2012

I_RaGe_QuiT_LoL wrote:

I also hope that it is multiplayer player only but as I have said only time will tell.

So you'd be upset if it included SP?  Im confused..

Message 11 of 206 (329 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3682 posts

May 18, 2012

KyddLive2 schrieb:

Im looking foward to Socom 5, Confrontation 2 or whatever Socom game is realeased, because Socom 4 wasn't too bad; but it could have been much better. Im pretty sure that i speak for everyone when i say that, "i hope that Slant Six doesn't make the same mistake Zipper Interactive made."

If Socom 5 will be such trash like Socom 4 no thanks. Confrontation 2? Better no Socom games. Do you really want such a crappy developer back who codes lean where soldiers lean to the left and throw grenades with the right hand?

Message 12 of 206 (329 Views)
Fender Bender
4253 posts

May 21, 2012

Your boy jay was on here today saying sucker punch is working on socom. He had some pics but I think they were early con stuff.

Message 13 of 206 (329 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
469 posts

May 21, 2012

KyddLive2 wrote:

Im looking foward to Socom 5, Confrontation 2 or whatever Socom game is realeased, because Socom 4 wasn't too bad; but it could have been much better. Im pretty sure that i speak for everyone when i say that, "i hope that Slant Six doesn't make the same mistake Zipper Interactive made."

There is no help for this game with this type of thinking. Sad, just sad.

Message 14 of 206 (329 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10109 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 27, 2012

If socom 5 the question would be how was /6s FTB3 campaign? I will not buy any game that uses that online pass DRM ******** so I haven't played it(and finding a rental of it's not going to be easy) but the style of the campaign is an even more risky proposition than the multiplayer. If it's like CA's campaign where it all started going downhill but still retained the basics that's one thing but if it's a linear S4 campaign I would much rather the resources be spent on the competitive portion instead in the form of another online only game.

Edit: Profanity

Message 15 of 206 (329 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1451 posts

May 21, 2012

TOMBSTONE4U wrote:

icEdeMoN_EliTe wrote:

Con 2 please, make it just like con except better in every way. If the next con can just come with little to no bugs from the start and faster character speeds with other small changes the game will be great.

How can it make other small changes and improvements if you guys are going to be on threads fighting against that because small changes are "no big deal and people worried about that just want a Socom 2 remake"? lol

That's the funny thing. The classic fans want exactly that, faster speeds, a few more improvements mainly just being using some of the classic features that worked better. But when we start talking specifics you guys will fight against it cause thats not how CON 1 was lol. It can't improve if people attack all threads suggesting improvements, just keep that in mind so you guys don't shoot yourselves in the foot and wind up getting the exact same CON you did the first time.

Sig: Biggest Socom 4 defenders' time played: DEATHxTOLL 0 days played, xSlappy 0 days played, TV-SUCKS 1.1 day played. dvdpfstr 0 days played.

I would never go against features just because they weren't in older socom. I go by what I like. I like confrontation a lot and the things that are a must have to me are ucrr, one mode per map, no side switching, tie breaker rounds, and being able to shoot over rails and windows. Everything else I don't care about. I'm fine with the speed now but a little faster would be cool. I don't care about the sprint button, it makes no difference to me. You have to understand many people don't argue against older socoms just because our beloved confrontation is different.

With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
Message 16 of 206 (329 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
39 posts

Jul 26, 2012

I also think Slant 6 will take over socom and i been saying it forever that if they did their next release would be much better. At the start of the Confrontation release it was a disaster I remember the game getting like  2.0 something review lol but they stepped up with oatch after patch and whe they released Cold Front i was loving that game man. Slant 6 take over!!

Message 17 of 206 (327 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3804 posts

Jul 26, 2012

I have faith in slant 6. Alot more than zipper that's for sure.

I was wrong CS:GO SUCKS
Message 18 of 206 (317 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
120 posts

Jul 26, 2012
Lol at thinking Sony is going to hire slant six to create another Socom disaster. And call it confrontation 2 hahaha. You honestly have a better chance of hitting powerball. If there is another Socom it will be by a new company and a new iteration into the series with new direction and new ideas
Message 19 of 206 (293 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
16881 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 26, 2012

socompete123 wrote:
Lol at thinking Sony is going to hire slant six to create another Socom disaster. And call it confrontation 2 hahaha. You honestly have a better chance of hitting powerball. If there is another Socom it will be by a new company and a new iteration into the series with new direction and new ideas

and a new all time low in sales!

oh and confrontation sold over a million and ORC sold over 1.5 million, so /6 must be better than zipper right?

Photobucket
Message 20 of 206 (288 Views)
0 Likes