Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Wastelander
813 posts

Re: SONY MAKE THIS SOCOM 5 AND U WILL BREAK ALL SALES READ.

Oct 16, 2012

FROST_420 wrote:

xXEXORCISTXx wrote:

FROST_420 wrote:

LtAldo_Raine1944 wrote:

Agent_AirForce wrote:

LtAldo_Raine1944 wrote:

Having said that, the ability to see around corners, when your totally behind a wall, should not be allowed unless you peek or poke your head out and look. Try it, stand at a corner of a wall and tell me how much you can see around the corner? That's the point, you can't it's physically impossible, so in doing this, the "Popout" of a player hiding anywhere will stop a lot of camping. I understand hiding in a bush, but hiding behind a rock or a  wall or whatever and you can see everything in front or around it, is wrong. In my opinion.

A lot of interesting ideas.  I feel as though this idea would be impossible for the veteran SOCOM fans. The only way to get around seeing around a corner is to make it a first-person shooter.  There wouldn't ever be a camera angle in 3rd person view that would be close enough to the character to prohibit you from seeing around a corner while behind a wall.  I was just curious what you meant because your previous posts said to bring back the S2 camera angle.  I think it is a great idea in terms of stopping the camping however, I think that has just naturally always been apart of the SOCOM series. 

Yeah you get what I'm trying to say. I would hope someone in the creating world of gaming could sit down and do just that, give us the open view with peripheral views and as you close in on a wall the view would shrink and force you to stand and look from the open area and if you  take cover you can't see unless your body is exposed. Give us the lean out without  being in cover. I just want it so that the guy rushing in has a chance to see the guy who's been hiding the whole time and thinking he's so good because he hides better then anyone. LOL I laugh at that all the time. Just want it to be an even playing field is what I'm getting at for both players. This will eliminate a lot of camping and force you to come out and maybe get sniped, instead of having so much fun shooting people in the back and thinking your so great. Heh.

"That's all good for COD not SOCOM" choke on your on words and get good.

You know though the "PoP Out" was never an issue to me.  You "Pop out" you get "Popped out" on.  It was how the camera worked and it was cool.  It made you take your time if you were assulting a place (ie Death Trap) and made you learn where people would do it.  That is why I would like to be able to carry 6 grenades again.  It was Socom and that is all I want!!  **bleep** these "snap behind cover" systems that **bleep** is to complicated and again another beautiful thing about socom was that it was Simple very simple but FUN!!!

I think in your hurry to contradict me you missed the point of his post.

Wasn't trying to contradict you.  Was just saying the PoP Out was not that big of an issue and why it wasn't.  I understand what everyone was/is saying about it.  And if you could have a view that would shrink that would work as well, however they do it it just needs to be simple and not some snap behind cover system crap that they have now. 

Please use plain text.
Message 41 of 49 (304 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2200 posts

Oct 16, 2012

xXEXORCISTXx wrote:

FROST_420 wrote:

xXEXORCISTXx wrote:

FROST_420 wrote:

LtAldo_Raine1944 wrote:

Agent_AirForce wrote:

LtAldo_Raine1944 wrote:

Having said that, the ability to see around corners, when your totally behind a wall, should not be allowed unless you peek or poke your head out and look. Try it, stand at a corner of a wall and tell me how much you can see around the corner? That's the point, you can't it's physically impossible, so in doing this, the "Popout" of a player hiding anywhere will stop a lot of camping. I understand hiding in a bush, but hiding behind a rock or a  wall or whatever and you can see everything in front or around it, is wrong. In my opinion.

A lot of interesting ideas.  I feel as though this idea would be impossible for the veteran SOCOM fans. The only way to get around seeing around a corner is to make it a first-person shooter.  There wouldn't ever be a camera angle in 3rd person view that would be close enough to the character to prohibit you from seeing around a corner while behind a wall.  I was just curious what you meant because your previous posts said to bring back the S2 camera angle.  I think it is a great idea in terms of stopping the camping however, I think that has just naturally always been apart of the SOCOM series. 

Yeah you get what I'm trying to say. I would hope someone in the creating world of gaming could sit down and do just that, give us the open view with peripheral views and as you close in on a wall the view would shrink and force you to stand and look from the open area and if you  take cover you can't see unless your body is exposed. Give us the lean out without  being in cover. I just want it so that the guy rushing in has a chance to see the guy who's been hiding the whole time and thinking he's so good because he hides better then anyone. LOL I laugh at that all the time. Just want it to be an even playing field is what I'm getting at for both players. This will eliminate a lot of camping and force you to come out and maybe get sniped, instead of having so much fun shooting people in the back and thinking your so great. Heh.

"That's all good for COD not SOCOM" choke on your on words and get good.

You know though the "PoP Out" was never an issue to me.  You "Pop out" you get "Popped out" on.  It was how the camera worked and it was cool.  It made you take your time if you were assulting a place (ie Death Trap) and made you learn where people would do it.  That is why I would like to be able to carry 6 grenades again.  It was Socom and that is all I want!!  **bleep** these "snap behind cover" systems that **bleep** is to complicated and again another beautiful thing about socom was that it was Simple very simple but FUN!!!

I think in your hurry to contradict me you missed the point of his post.

Wasn't trying to contradict you.  Was just saying the PoP Out was not that big of an issue and why it wasn't.  I understand what everyone was/is saying about it.  And if you could have a view that would shrink that would work as well, however they do it it just needs to be simple and not some snap behind cover system crap that they have now. 

idk what "pop-out" stuff your talking about, this guy is talking about changing the fundamental TPV of SOCOM, read his posts.

Please use plain text.
Message 42 of 49 (301 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 16, 2012

just to let all of you know who i am.......when i was on the ps2 socom 1 2 3 my names

TWISTED-X

somebody took my name befor i got my ps3

so i change it.

Ps3 my names 

aMazingMore

&

As$-SiK   had to use the dollar sign for one of the S

mag players know the name As$-Sik but most socom fans know me for Twisted-x / aMazingMore.

now to the topic sony will not break record sales with socom5 even if the game is good and they know this.

socom is like madden now. madden was a good football game untill 2k4/5 beat them.

ea thought by buying the nfl license they would be in a good place because 2k was gaining ground on them fast.

so ea got the license right, but what did they do after that? they decide to make madden football a half-assssss game cuz they thought the name MADDEN would sale the game for them. it worked for about three years then people started to see what ea was and is doing. they dont care about the fans just money. look at nba live. terrible asssss game and they wanted  to put the game out two as it was.

what im getting at is sony/zipper has killed the socom name period. nobody is asking for a socom5 but sony fans an from what i see here its about 20 to 30 people lmao, but think sony and zipper 4 that. socom my never hit a high number of sales ever again. they lost  ground with confrontation have problems day one and socom4 terrible game. you can defend s4 all you want the game is trash. i like confrontation tho but lames that are not socom fans came alone crying and whine about this and that.....just killed the game plus the glitchers are never band so the game went down hill faster then socom 1 2 3 did with code breaker and game shark. so what if they make socom5. sony fans dont by games anyways. sony has sold a lot of ps3 systems over the years and not 1 game has came close to matching the sales of the system, meaning sony fans are broke lol. dont give me that we have some many exclusives. wack box has like 6 exclusives and they sell evertime they come out. mulit-plats sell dammmm good on the wack box two better then on ps3 so..... mulit-plats dont sale on ps3 either. sony  fans have no excuses to me for why sony video games sells not matching system sells some what. thats a reach but its true.

Please use plain text.
Message 43 of 49 (295 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
586 posts

Oct 17, 2012

To be frankly honest, SOCOM's probably the most hardest and most challenging 3rd person shooter in the Playstation and overall gaming community.  Think about it, when S1 came out, everyone was literally going nuts seeing how realistic,fast paced and rigourous the gameplay was in storymode and online versus other players.  Now keep in mind with each new SOCOM game that cameout, the game revolved more around planning and execution.  I personally believe that Confrontation is the hardest game to play, due to the fact is the game is all online.  So basically your figuring out your run paths, enemy movements, crossfire, and your objective/role on the team.  Personally S4 is a joke of a game and should never be compared to the other SOCOM games when it comes to the "SOCOM experience."  But overall SOCOM's the most rewarding 3rd person shooter and team shooter out there, with patience, planning, and a good team of people you play with you'll realize how much fun and exciting it is to play this series.  Sadly I think the video game industry and Sony have reimaged and downgraded the real "SOCOM experience" to win the sales side of games, not the quality side.  That's my opinion, I could always be wrong, but I've played SOCOM games for 11 years, don't plan on tossing out the classics for any other game.

Please use plain text.
Message 44 of 49 (266 Views)
Gaming Beast
2436 posts

Oct 20, 2012

I have played every SOCOM since S1.  In the game's hayday (S3/Combined Assault) our clan had over 100  members. 

I have been away from SOCOM now for a year, maybe?  Can''t remember the last time I posted in here either.   Most of our clan members are now playing BF3.

SOCOM5?  After what Seth has done with the PS3 SOCOMs, do you truely believe that there will EVER be a SOCOM like what we had on the PS2?  I doubt SONY could find the technical talent required to create the game we all loved, from scratch. Use ZIPPER's engine?  Not possible.  It is a Modern Warfare wannabe. SLANT6's old software?  Probably the lousiest piece of code ever put out for the PS3.  So full of bugs and problems that it ain't worth it.

There's another reason SOCOM is dead.  The SOCOMs that built the following were based on  freedom of play and player interaction.  Play where you want, what you want, and with whom you want.  It was a brutal place though.  The "freedom" that made the game realisitic and great, also meant you had to have a thick skin because  everybody had something to say and what is now considered "bullying" was just another day in SOCOM.  It was also "fair".  Except for a brief period in S3, when you played the PS2 SOCOMs everyone had the same choices for weapons and such.  The difference was, how well you used them.  Not the BS they had with the girlie gimme weapons in CONFRONTATION.  S4 ?  Never was a SOCOM.

Face it people, SONY wants online gaming that little Billy can play without crying.  Choice has been all but eliminated to prevent people from gathering.  The communications has been reduced to a flood of garbled crap so nobody can have their little feelings hurt because nobody can get a point or idea across.  The new business model is minimize the interactions between players, create little gimmes and perks so that players can have an advantage handed to them, and just let everyone play at the same time and not really interact.  They don't want you playing a single game for two years.  They want 6 months of super sales, one round of DLC then abandon it .  When it is unplayable, release a new version and sell it all again.  If you are over 14, SONY probbably could care less if you like their game or not.  It is Little Billy's mom and dad's money that SONY wants.

SONY's idea of a "Mature" game is 12 - 14 years old.  There will never be another game out there for adult gamers.  Just because the soundtrack uses words that get bleeped in the forum, does not make it mature.

At least on BF3 we can gather and communicate but it ain't SOCOM. but is it better than anything Sony has come up with and called a SOCOM.

Please use plain text.
Message 45 of 49 (243 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
16259 posts

Oct 20, 2012
socom 3/ca was the games heyday? maybe for you, but not for socom, player counts showed that.

Please use plain text.
Message 46 of 49 (240 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2436 posts

Oct 23, 2012

harley7 wrote:
socom 3/ca was the games heyday? maybe for you, but not for socom, player counts showed that.

It was the heyday for our clan.  It is the SOCOM that our members agree is the one we'd go back to if we could.  It was two game releases that could be played as one.  Not just "DLC".  it had the most feedom of choice, selections of play type, and variety of all of the SOCOMs.  16v16 that one could actually play.  Matter of opinion.

Please use plain text.
Message 47 of 49 (221 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8933 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 23, 2012

Reaper___ wrote:

harley7 wrote:

It was the heyday for our clan.  It is the SOCOM that our members agree is the one we'd go back to if we could.  It was two game releases that could be played as one.  Not just "DLC".  it had the most feedom of choice, selections of play type, and variety of all of the SOCOMs.  16v16 that one could actually play.  Matter of opinion.

I would rather have a Socom CA HD at this point than any other.  Especially if the game was available with all the DLC packs.  Our Clans really came together during Socom CA and were probably 2 of the largest on Socom at the time. 

photo newsocomfansbanner-1-1.png
Please use plain text.
Message 48 of 49 (216 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
373 posts

Oct 28, 2012

I would like a combination of S2 with CA and CON and S4 made into the one S5 and then the formula would work. Just don't hire the COD kids to test it and or make it. Get the old socom staff from day 1 and get them back to work to save Socom. Socom isn't dead, in fact today my ASL League is holding another Demo Tournament. And guess what, 12 clans have committed to play in it. So the people still want this game even though it has been turned into the unwanted step child of COD. BRING THE REAL SOCOM BACK TO US SONY! If you build it, we will come.

ASL Sig
Please use plain text.
Message 49 of 49 (188 Views)