Feb 05 2013
By: mustang79__ First Son 2 posts

SOCOM needs to get their act together and save their fanchise!!!!!

39 replies 712 views Edited Feb 5, 2013

Why doesn't  this franchise listen to its supporters, followers, and players and come out with a classic Some, either new or HD remake.  PLEASE rescue me from having to play C.O.D...... PLEASE.......Everyone that played socom played because it wasn't C.O.D.   Don't change it go back to the CLASSIC SOCOM witch we all knew and loved and give the SOCOM community what they would come back to and allow me to send my C.O.D. games to where the belong.....  Insert opion here _______________.  I know there are too many to list.  So Please if any SOCOM franchise owners/ makers read these forums give your community what the want and deserve.  A real game we can play and know we will never have to play C.O.D. again.    THANK YOU

Message 1 of 40 (712 Views)
Sackboy
499 posts

Re: SOCOM needs to get their act together and save their fanchise!!!!!

[ Edited ]
Feb 6, 2013

I want to play devil's advocate when I ask this question, but...

Does this community deserve another SOCOM?

This is the question I have been asking myself for a month or so now, ever since I saw a thread titled LOL that dealt with a developer distancing themselves from the community due to the overwhelming negativity contained on their forums.  You know, much like these forums. 

I understand that Socom 4 was not a perfect sequel, that it had some glaring omissions that previous Socom games had, fundamental things.  But then again, since Socom 2, there have been so many changes to Socom games, some of which I, and many people I knew and played alongside, felt took away from the core spirit of what Socom was.  You know what we did about it?

We still logged in and played.

Socom was never built on a strict, specific formula of features and functions.  It was built on a community that loved not only the game, but playing the game with each other.  We didn't have the BS that we have now, the Socom community was a strong and vibrant organism.  At some point, that was lost and you have what we have now.  One Socom that sees random players booted for the sins of others, and a forum so deep with acidic vitriol that I'm surprised Sony ever kept it going.  Maybe it amuses them, I don't know.

It's been my experience with almost every Socom, from the original all the way to 4, that while the game changes, sometimes in good ways, sometimes in bad ways, I was playing a game that I loved.  I've enjoyed 4 as much as 2 sometimes, and that is because of the people that I got the chance to play with, not because some archaic formula was dogmaticly adhered to.  Yeah, there were no lobbies, but there were some fun gun battles and some intense matches, and a whole lot of smacktalk.

Just like the old school Socom games.

This leads in to the real dilemma now...even if they made an honest to god 'True Socom' game, is there anyone left to play it?  Nevermind appreciate it!  I mean, that original community is gone, either moved on to real life or pushed away by the negativity and vile trollish evolution of today's community.  It happened to me...I got tired of listening to people whine and moan about things that did not affect the outcome of the above example of gaming.  It was all or nothing with them, and the true spirit be damned.  If it didn't have a, b, and c, it simply was not a Socom game.  Cool, move on, keep on trucking.  Leave those of us who still valued Socom for what it was, a community game, not the bible.  I wager at some point, Zipper got pretty sick and tired of trying to please those who would not be pleased, no matter what.  And knowing what we know now about the creative process of 4, I don't blame Zipper if they resented us.  Most didn't play the beta for more than one game before putting on their troll hats and rabbling all the way to the forums.  Hell, I doubt half the people who troll about it even played it in any meaningful capacity.

I know a lot of former Socom players are not going to either a) agree with me, or b) understand what I have said here, and that's cool with me.  It's nothing new.  But me, I think I am going to dust off 4 again, see if the Socom Lifers are still playing, and proceed to have a blast playing SOCOM 4.  Love it or hate it, it may not be perfect, but to me, it still represents the spirit of a franchise that has existed for ten years.

Peace.

--- If Socom fans cannot support a Socom game, why should they ever support a non-Socom game? ---
Message 2 of 40 (685 Views)
Fender Bender
4253 posts

Feb 6, 2013

People don't support no respawn games on consoles anymore. I played s4 and it was better then cod or bf3. The people that did not support con and s4 only have themselves to blame. If a new socom sold 3mill  just like s2 sony prob would not be happy today. They want a game that will outsell all socoms combined like cod does every game.

Moh another game that had a no respawn mode and no1 supported it EA said last week it will be shelfed. Even alot of my old school friends are just playing ***** cod and BF.

If ps4 does not play pc games I think I am just gonna switch to PC.

Message 3 of 40 (665 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6507 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 7, 2013

I kudo the post beucase aleast you heart to come and say what you think is right.

I think  if they made socom 4 a little more  darker in look  and not so plop plop plop happy go lucky feeling mechanics it would be ok with alot  of  the community they could went  "la max payne3 way"  in look gritty  and dirty. I love the selection of guns in socom 4 but it has nothing on  socom  con or maxpayne 3  in  feels and sadly .

I think if they listened and made the game  revive instead of respawn.  It wouldnt  have hurt  nothing,  people would still  play becuase it still one life rounds and breeds team work. Actually it was really   simple all they needed was a gritty dark color scheme look and revive instead of respawn.   Respawn could have been like solo play with badges not ranked.  I honestly think  the guys at zipper at the times where scared to go into meeting  to change things for socom 4..  It easy to point the finger. But my heart goes out all them guys becuase they should not have been  put in that kind  situiation where you  make a choice and  wrong one cost you   your  career job.  Every one knew it was do or die..  Sometimes you have roll the dice and take risks,  but  best risk is really being smart and  staying on standards.  Everyone is a risk taker   but same time therse time gamble and a time to keep your home.

That should never happen in the work place but it does . ,  Guys like  cj heinz  seth.  mr soderberg  and many other.  couldve stepped  up and siad hey thats not socom.  But i think they wouldve been fired or released ( well maybe not   mr soderberg) and maybe a few  did stand up and say so and was released..i dnt know.

I just  think alot guys  didnt want socom to succed any way becuase they couldnt hang in socom it used actual skills.. and alot did  acutally care for the socom game and , everyone meant well in there own opinion on both sides( trolls excluded) for the franchise.   At end of the day akit they  wont play socom 4. but i think they will slowly come play becuase what else  is out there.  Maybe alien breed franchise   which is very  good btw. :smileyhappy:

Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Message 4 of 40 (658 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4253 posts

Feb 6, 2013

Older socoms do not require any more skill then any other no respawn shooter, They are diffrent but one does not require more skill then any other game. If you were a 2 to 1 in s2 you prob were in s4 same goes for a .50.

Message 5 of 40 (646 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Feb 6, 2013
Y socom u.s navy seal's from the psp two the psvita does not have Multiplayer gaming no more ????yyyyyyyyyyyy, i love this game men :smileysad:
Message 6 of 40 (638 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Feb 6, 2013
And was good with socom 5 for the psvita huh ? Still waiting on it , :smileysad: smh
Message 7 of 40 (637 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Feb 6, 2013
Yo socom makers don't even stop making socom= u heard Me
Message 8 of 40 (636 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2200 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 6, 2013

GenSpall wrote:

I want to play devil's advocate when I ask this question, but...

Does this community deserve another SOCOM?

This is the question I have been asking myself for a month or so now, ever since I saw a thread titled LOL that dealt with a developer distancing themselves from the community due to the overwhelming negativity contained on their forums.  You know, much like these forums. 

I understand that Socom 4 was not a perfect sequel, that it had some glaring omissions that previous Socom games had, fundamental things.  But then again, since Socom 2, there have been so many changes to Socom games, some of which I, and many people I knew and played alongside, felt took away from the core spirit of what Socom was.  You know what we did about it?

We still logged in and played.

Socom was never built on a strict, specific formula of features and functions.  It was built on a community that loved not only the game, but playing the game with each other.  We didn't have the BS that we have now, the Socom community was a strong and vibrant organism.  At some point, that was lost and you have what we have now.  One Socom that sees random players booted for the sins of others, and a forum so deep with acidic vitriol that I'm surprised Sony ever kept it going.  Maybe it amuses them, I don't know.

It's been my experience with almost every Socom, from the original all the way to 4, that while the game changes, sometimes in good ways, sometimes in bad ways, I was playing a game that I loved.  I've enjoyed 4 as much as 2 sometimes, and that is because of the people that I got the chance to play with, not because some archaic formula was dogmaticly adhered to.  Yeah, there were no lobbies, but there were some fun gun battles and some intense matches, and a whole lot of smacktalk.

Just like the old school Socom games.

This leads in to the real dilemma now...even if they made an honest to god 'True Socom' game, is there anyone left to play it?  Nevermind appreciate it!  I mean, that original community is gone, either moved on to real life or pushed away by the negativity and vile trollish evolution of today's community.  It happened to me...I got tired of listening to people whine and moan about things that did not affect the outcome of the above example of gaming.  It was all or nothing with them, and the true spirit be damned.  If it didn't have a, b, and c, it simply was not a Socom game.  Cool, move on, keep on trucking.  Leave those of us who still valued Socom for what it was, a community game, not the bible.  I wager at some point, Zipper got pretty sick and tired of trying to please those who would not be pleased, no matter what.  And knowing what we know now about the creative process of 4, I don't blame Zipper if they resented us.  Most didn't play the beta for more than one game before putting on their troll hats and rabbling all the way to the forums.  Hell, I doubt half the people who troll about it even played it in any meaningful capacity.

I know a lot of former Socom players are not going to either a) agree with me, or b) understand what I have said here, and that's cool with me.  It's nothing new.  But me, I think I am going to dust off 4 again, see if the Socom Lifers are still playing, and proceed to have a blast playing SOCOM 4.  Love it or hate it, it may not be perfect, but to me, it still represents the spirit of a franchise that has existed for ten years.

Peace.

I haven't ranted about S4 for a very long time (no point) but just because you are willing to settle for something that does not represent SOCOM in any way shape or form does not mean that it's rejection by this community was wrong. That **bleep** game was just that, no matter what you want to compare it to, never mind the fact that it didn't look,feel or play like SOCOM at all. Oh and that's coming from someone who walked away at S3 then came back for Con. I accepted Con. with all it's flaws and changes and that was a big move but to embrace S4 would be like moving to the moon mars.

Zipper got what they deserve, do you think we care if the developer of SOCOM who spit in our faces is resentful of us? It's easy to look at someone who has been slighted and therefore is angry and see someone that you do not want to please or do good by but when you take into consideration how they have been wronged you begin to understand their stance. So yes this community which does not consist of solely "vile trolls" deserves and in some cases is owed a SOCOM game. I say owed because I was not able to return a product that misrepresented itself by having the SOCOM name on the box and I was not even remotely satisfied with it.

Message 9 of 40 (629 Views)
Fender Bender
4253 posts

Feb 6, 2013

At least we still had a foot in the door..... If there is another socom maybe they will just have respawn. There were more respawn players on s4 the classic why support it all then.... You guys don't support you lose your voice....

I am glad I am not just a socomer video game life would be dark......

Message 10 of 40 (612 Views)
0 Likes