Reply
Sackboy
Registered: 08/03/2005
Offline
499 posts
 

Re: SOCOM needs to get their act together and save their fanchise!!!!!

Feb 6, 2013

FROST_420 wrote:


     I haven't ranted about S4 for a very long time (no point) but just because you are willing to settle for something that does not represent SOCOM in any way shape or form does not mean that it's rejection by this community was wrong. That **bleep** game was just that, no matter what you want to compare it to, never mind the fact that it didn't look,feel or play like SOCOM at all. Oh and that's coming from someone who walked away at S3 then came back for Con. I accepted Con. with all it's flaws and changes and that was a big move but to embrace S4 would be like moving to the moon mars.

 

Zipper got what they deserve, do you think we care if the developer of SOCOM who spit in our faces is resentful of us? It's easy to look at someone who has been slighted and therefore is angry and see someone that you do not want to please or do good by but when you take into consideration how they have been wronged you begin to understand their stance. So yes this community which does not consist of solely "vile trolls" deserves and in some cases is owed a SOCOM game. I say owed because I was not able to return a product that misrepresented itself by having the SOCOM name on the box and I was not even remotely satisfied with it.

 


We settled for Socom 3 & Combined Assault, a game that was incomplete and an expansion, that took away the feel of previous Socoms and gave us a half-A'd Halo.  And people left.  ANd then we settled for Confrontation, a game so broken initially that people overlooked the COD features like running, kinfing and special weapons, not too mention the armor issue.  And let's not forget to mention the total removal of UCRRs in Confrontation, as much an essential feature to Socom games as the lobbies themselves.  But somehow, settling for 4, nope, that was totally not an option, despite how far we'd come from the first two in all that time in between.  Socom hasn't felt like Socom since 1 & 2.

We aren't owed anything though.  We are the children who were handed gifts by parents who were doing the best the could with what they had in the situation they had and we threw a big tantrum about it.  I'm certainly not saying we had to swallow it and smile, but jeez, couldn't we have at least limped through it, and tried to support them along the way?  I did some royally stupid stuff growing up, and I will be the first to tell you my mom was disappointed in me many times, even kicking me out a couple of times, but do you think for a moment that she didn't support me as a person?  It's an example that can be applied to this situation.  Some supported them, some didn't and some went Toddlers & Tiaras about it.  Yes, there are more than a couple of things I would have changed about the game, as I am sure many others would have, but in the end, companies that make no money at all can't continue to do business.

 

In the end, it's still just my opinion, just as everyone else has their's, but opinions will never change what is.  The pure amount of negativity simply overrode anything else involving this franchise and buried it under 6 feet of tidal debris.  And yet here we are, still begging for another game.  Well, history has shown that we weren't supporting the franchise in the past, there's no guarantee we'll support it in the future either, and businesses today, they like guarantees.  Would you invest in something that has no recent historical returns?  My guess is no.  A big fat no.  At any rate, even I don't like that thought, but thinking past my own bias, it's the logical conclusion.

 

You know what's funny?  If we wanted to expand the Socom fanbase, Socom 4 would have been the perfect vehicle to do it with while we waited for the ship to right itself.  Too bad it's capsized now.

--- If Socom fans cannot support a Socom game, why should they ever support a non-Socom game? ---
Message 11 of 40 (354 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 09/03/2009
Offline
4253 posts
 

Re: SOCOM needs to get their act together and save their fanchise!!!!!

Feb 6, 2013

"a game so broken initially that people overlooked the COD features like running, kinfing and special weapons, not too mention the armor issue"

 

Those are all inprovments IMO and the game only gave me trouble the first week but I played in private rooms with clan and just played around "LAG Wars"  Not a big deal at all and most other games I have played were worse week 1.

___________________________________________________________
I backed H-Hour ! Why because I would rather play a game then run my mouth on a forum.
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1687497632/h-hour-worlds-elite-0






Message 12 of 40 (346 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 07/02/2009
Offline
6581 posts
 

Re: SOCOM needs to get their act together and save their fanchise!!!!!

[ Edited ]
Feb 7, 2013

Execrate wrote:

Older socoms do not require any more skill then any other no respawn shooter, They are diffrent but one does not require more skill then any other game. If you were a 2 to 1 in s2 you prob were in s4 same goes for a .50.


  Sorry to say  and  not being rude towards you but ,That is false..  In socom one  it took months of  everyday playing just to be half way decent with the top players.   With all the tactic and maps enviroment it was never easy to  pick up and play . Becuase  the smallest mistake in  a formation or tactic lost the whole round maybe  the match. If a good  clan   smelled blood they would put you those situations becuase they you didnt know what to do to counter it

 

 That is a huge element in socom franchise that no game to this date has dublicated. Let tell me you all it took  versus  some good player was   1 one man out position and it was round over. That how hardcore socom was.   respawn couldnt do that,  as for   rates or  k/d.. Im not getting into that but the things  is you had to know to survive in certian times in the games  map and mode and situations  no other game could duplicate that. Respawn is a easy out and you  can  make up  for it, .

 

 I'll say this much  if every played with guys like storm-along in socom  con. He is beastly a pure monster in s con trust me  storm along would have been avg in socom  one and maybe  . Guy like storm along was avergage player in socom 1 . Im trying to devalue him, im  making a example of skill level . As beastly as he is socom con   that was just average in socom 1 online/

 

 luke and  htk and all them guy  may be beast in socom con but they are nothing but avg skilled  in socom 1. socom was the harder game. No can   say i picked up and was good it took months to get  good .. it was a full time jobSmiley Very Happy.  Really it was

 

 

 

Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Message 13 of 40 (336 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 07/02/2009
Offline
6581 posts
 

Re: SOCOM needs to get their act together and save their fanchise!!!!!

Feb 7, 2013

leotheking13 wrote:
Y socom u.s navy seal's from the psp two the psvita does not have Multiplayer gaming no more ????yyyyyyyyyyyy, i love this game men Smiley Sad

 I think theres a party   app  you download  to ps3. they  have the inforamtion inthe psp bravo fourms how to  play online with those games.

Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Message 14 of 40 (336 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 09/11/2003
Offline
16953 posts
 

Re: SOCOM needs to get their act together and save their fanchise!!!!!

Feb 7, 2013

GenSpall wrote:

FROST_420 wrote:


     I haven't ranted about S4 for a very long time (no point) but just because you are willing to settle for something that does not represent SOCOM in any way shape or form does not mean that it's rejection by this community was wrong. That **bleep** game was just that, no matter what you want to compare it to, never mind the fact that it didn't look,feel or play like SOCOM at all. Oh and that's coming from someone who walked away at S3 then came back for Con. I accepted Con. with all it's flaws and changes and that was a big move but to embrace S4 would be like moving to the moon mars.

 

Zipper got what they deserve, do you think we care if the developer of SOCOM who spit in our faces is resentful of us? It's easy to look at someone who has been slighted and therefore is angry and see someone that you do not want to please or do good by but when you take into consideration how they have been wronged you begin to understand their stance. So yes this community which does not consist of solely "vile trolls" deserves and in some cases is owed a SOCOM game. I say owed because I was not able to return a product that misrepresented itself by having the SOCOM name on the box and I was not even remotely satisfied with it.

 


We settled for Socom 3 & Combined Assault, a game that was incomplete and an expansion, that took away the feel of previous Socoms and gave us a half-A'd Halo.  And people left.  ANd then we settled for Confrontation, a game so broken initially that people overlooked the COD features like running, kinfing and special weapons, not too mention the armor issue.  And let's not forget to mention the total removal of UCRRs in Confrontation, as much an essential feature to Socom games as the lobbies themselves.  But somehow, settling for 4, nope, that was totally not an option, despite how far we'd come from the first two in all that time in between.  Socom hasn't felt like Socom since 1 & 2.<<< so why did you keep buying them?  to "support" them so they make a game you will like? a game like socom 1 or 2?  how did that work out for you? 

We aren't owed anything though.  We are the children who were handed gifts by parents who were doing the best the could with what they had in the situation they had and we threw a big tantrum about it.<<< uh no, we are owed something, we are owed the product thats printed on the box. the box says socom but the product inside was cod.  i didnt pay for cod, i paid for socom. if you bought a coke, opened it and there was nothing but water inside would you say you are not owed a coke? the can said coke, you paid for coke, but you got water, is that ok with you? i guess it is because you are still "supporting" coke and thats what matters right?  I'm certainly not saying we had to swallow it and smile, but jeez, couldn't we have at least limped through it, and tried to support them along the way? <<< why is it our job to give them money for garbage? they got all the support they could handle, they had millions of constructive threads written that explained issues with the previous games and ways to fix these issues, they were given a road map to build a great game but they failed to read any of it.  I did some royally stupid stuff growing up, and I will be the first to tell you my mom was disappointed in me many times, even kicking me out a couple of times, but do you think for a moment that she didn't support me as a person?  It's an example that can be applied to this situation.  Some supported them, some didn't and some went Toddlers & Tiaras about it.  Yes, there are more than a couple of things I would have changed about the game, as I am sure many others would have, but in the end, companies that make no money at all can't continue to do business.<<< which is how it should be.  you make a garbage product you go out of business, thats how it works.  just giving them money so they wont go out of business is called charity.  i am not going to feed a company free money just so they can continue to work and continue to do a bad job. if they want my money they have to work for it.

 

In the end, it's still just my opinion, just as everyone else has their's, but opinions will never change what is.  The pure amount of negativity simply overrode anything else involving this franchise and buried it under 6 feet of tidal debris. << whos fault is that?  when a company strait up asks its costomers what they want and then does the complete opposite thats not a reason to be negative? when they do this multiple times thats not a reason to be negative? when they ignore everything that has been told to them millions of times thats not a reason to be negative? And yet here we are, still begging for another game.  Well, history has shown that we weren't supporting the franchise in the past, there's no guarantee we'll support it in the future either,<<< nope, sure as hell wont.  i dont owe them a thing, if they want my money they owe me a decent product.  you seem to forget they work for us.  and businesses today, they like guarantees.  Would you invest in something that has no recent historical returns?  My guess is no.  A big fat no.  At any rate, even I don't like that thought, but thinking past my own bias, it's the logical conclusion.

 

You know what's funny?  If we wanted to expand the Socom fanbase, Socom 4 would have been the perfect vehicle to do it with while we waited for the ship to right itself.  Too bad it's capsized now.<< and just how would it right itself?  please explain this.  your logic is we should have bought their fail attempt of a game and made it a success so they could build a game nothing like it?  is that how business works these days? 

 

 


in the end zipper got exactly what they had coming to them.  i called it years before it happened and i laughed the day it happened.    if you are bad at your job you dont deserve your job.

Photobucket
Message 15 of 40 (329 Views)
Reply
Highlighted
Gaming Beast
Registered: 10/19/2010
Offline
2200 posts
 

Re: SOCOM needs to get their act together and save their fanchise!!!!!

[ Edited ]
Feb 7, 2013

GenSpall wrote:

FROST_420 wrote:


     I haven't ranted about S4 for a very long time (no point) but just because you are willing to settle for something that does not represent SOCOM in any way shape or form does not mean that it's rejection by this community was wrong. That **bleep** game was just that, no matter what you want to compare it to, never mind the fact that it didn't look,feel or play like SOCOM at all. Oh and that's coming from someone who walked away at S3 then came back for Con. I accepted Con. with all it's flaws and changes and that was a big move but to embrace S4 would be like moving to the moon mars.

 

Zipper got what they deserve, do you think we care if the developer of SOCOM who spit in our faces is resentful of us? It's easy to look at someone who has been slighted and therefore is angry and see someone that you do not want to please or do good by but when you take into consideration how they have been wronged you begin to understand their stance. So yes this community which does not consist of solely "vile trolls" deserves and in some cases is owed a SOCOM game. I say owed because I was not able to return a product that misrepresented itself by having the SOCOM name on the box and I was not even remotely satisfied with it.

 


We settled for Socom 3 & Combined Assault, a game that was incomplete and an expansion, that took away the feel of previous Socoms and gave us a half-A'd Halo.  And people left.  ANd then we settled for Confrontation, a game so broken initially that people overlooked the COD features like running, kinfing and special weapons, not too mention the armor issue.  And let's not forget to mention the total removal of UCRRs in Confrontation, as much an essential feature to Socom games as the lobbies themselves.  But somehow, settling for 4, nope, that was totally not an option, despite how far we'd come from the first two in all that time in between.  Socom hasn't felt like Socom since 1 & 2.

We aren't owed anything though.  We are the children who were handed gifts by parents who were doing the best the could with what they had in the situation they had and we threw a big tantrum about it.  I'm certainly not saying we had to swallow it and smile, but jeez, couldn't we have at least limped through it, and tried to support them along the way?  I did some royally stupid stuff growing up, and I will be the first to tell you my mom was disappointed in me many times, even kicking me out a couple of times, but do you think for a moment that she didn't support me as a person?  It's an example that can be applied to this situation.  Some supported them, some didn't and some went Toddlers & Tiaras about it.  Yes, there are more than a couple of things I would have changed about the game, as I am sure many others would have, but in the end, companies that make no money at all can't continue to do business.

 

In the end, it's still just my opinion, just as everyone else has their's, but opinions will never change what is.  The pure amount of negativity simply overrode anything else involving this franchise and buried it under 6 feet of tidal debris.  And yet here we are, still begging for another game.  Well, history has shown that we weren't supporting the franchise in the past, there's no guarantee we'll support it in the future either, and businesses today, they like guarantees.  Would you invest in something that has no recent historical returns?  My guess is no.  A big fat no.  At any rate, even I don't like that thought, but thinking past my own bias, it's the logical conclusion.

 

You know what's funny?  If we wanted to expand the Socom fanbase, Socom 4 would have been the perfect vehicle to do it with while we waited for the ship to right itself.  Too bad it's capsized now.


No we didn't settle for S3/CA, did u not read my post? Nor did we settle for Con. I mean the numbers speak for themselves. I was able to do Con. because I hadn't played SOCOM since S3 and had been playing games with run and knife in them anyway so I was used to that ish. Add fully customizable controls and I was good to go but that was to be able to play a SOCOMish game on the PS3. S4 was from Zipper, a company that knew what it's market wanted, even pretended like they were gonna deliver, then slapped us in the face with a respawn shooter that worked like crap. You may feel like a kid getting presents but I'm an adult with likes and dislikes and when I spend my hard earned money on something I'm supposed to like but absolutely hate it because it's nothing like what I expected. Then I demand my money back and if I can't get it back then there's ways to voice my disgust and try and save others from the same fate. So if you want to come here and promote S4 then I'm here to set people straight. S4 is NO SOCOM game and therefore not a pleasurable experience for SOCOM fans.

Message 16 of 40 (317 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 09/03/2009
Offline
4253 posts
 

Re: SOCOM needs to get their act together and save their fanchise!!!!!

Feb 7, 2013

The numbers do not mean nothing they are just about the same the only diffrence is story players only and causel MP players moved on to any of the 100 other games that were better in both areas. The hardcore MP players were on all the socoms. If the best socom game comes out tomorrow it will sell poorly.

 

They have to pull in respawn players to make money and co op for the story players. The only other option is to be online only again and only avaiable on psn, A psn game that sells a mill is good.

 

 

___________________________________________________________
I backed H-Hour ! Why because I would rather play a game then run my mouth on a forum.
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1687497632/h-hour-worlds-elite-0






Message 17 of 40 (315 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 10/19/2010
Offline
2200 posts
 

Re: SOCOM needs to get their act together and save their fanchise!!!!!

Feb 7, 2013

Execrate wrote:

The numbers do not mean nothing they are just about the same the only diffrence is story players only and causel MP players moved on to any of the 100 other games that were better in both areas. The hardcore MP players were on all the socoms. If the best socom game comes out tomorrow it will sell poorly.

 

They have to pull in respawn players to make money and co op for the story players. The only other option is to be online only again and only avaiable on psn, A psn game that sells a mill is good.

 

 


       Boy when you get stuck on stupid you stay there for a long time don't you? Con. doing better than S4 proves you're out to lunch but nice try, maybe you better just stick to your fps respawn games. 

Message 18 of 40 (307 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 09/03/2009
Offline
4253 posts
 

Re: SOCOM needs to get their act together and save their fanchise!!!!!

[ Edited ]
Feb 7, 2013

Con was cheaper and came out when nothing else was out. S4 played the line to much. Not enough for respawn players not enough for hardcore players. It also came out in the middle of a depression.... and psn black out. Think before you talk.

 

 

___________________________________________________________
I backed H-Hour ! Why because I would rather play a game then run my mouth on a forum.
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1687497632/h-hour-worlds-elite-0






Message 19 of 40 (296 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 10/19/2010
Offline
2200 posts
 

Re: SOCOM needs to get their act together and save their fanchise!!!!!

Feb 7, 2013

Execrate wrote:

Con was cheaper and came out when nothing else was out. S4 played the line to much. Not enough for respawn players not enough for hardcore players. It also came out in the middle of a depression.... and psn black out. Think before you talk.

 

 


None of that would matter to real SOCOM fans and a real SOCOM game but you don't see things like that do you? No you don't because you are not a SOCOMer, you're just a random gamer with no idea of what SOCOM was. You can't fathom how infective the SOcrack is, so you can't imagine SOCOM being successful which speaks volumes about your opinion. Which leads one to wonder why are you even here? Shouldn't you be off playing the fps flavor of the month, instead of trolling the SOCOM forums? 

Message 20 of 40 (291 Views)
Reply
0 Likes