Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 24 2011
By: Mr_GaLvY Lombax Warrior 134 posts

Really Zipper? Really?

9 replies 10 views Edited Mar 24, 2011

I was skeptical, but I had faith in you Zipper. So I approached this game with a good positive attitude, but then I started playing it.. This game is rubbish. It's a testament to how bad SOCOM 4 is that I've decided to go back to the cheat riddled glitch fest we call Confrontation. 

The thing I loved most about all SOCOM games was this small thing called "TEAMWORK". A team could discuss a plan and execute it and create strategies. Now everyone runs around like headless chickens. 

Things I don't mind:

-The cover system.

-The hit detection. (SOCOM 1 still had the best though) Confrontation's is better.

Things I like:

-The reload times are spot on. (way one thing I like)

Things I hate:

-Character movement.

-The camera.

-Stupid backwards coms system.

-The idiotic grenade mechanics.

-The quick match system.

-The way it takes five hours to switch between player camera when I'm dead.

-The controls feel horrible.

-Claymores no longer require skill.

-The lack of communication between people.

-The maps on the beta are terrible.

-The XP system is stupid! I hate having idiot messages like "First Blood" and "Weakest Link" popping up on my screen every 5 seconds.

-I hate the fact every single character speaks English (I can't tell if it's and enemy of friendly shouting stuff)

-The weapons all feel and sound the same.

-Grenade indicators to alert me when a grenade has landed near me. People have ear Zipper, make em use them. But then again listening aint exactly Zippers strongest point.

-Not being able to configure my controls (I like reloading with R3)

-The crosshairs are moronic. 

-Firing from the hip.

-This game.

I've hear people say this is a good game but not a SOCOM game.. Well, it's not. This game is garbage. I would rather pleasure my own mother than buy this game. F u Zipper F U!

See you on Confrontation people. And as a bit of advice to people. If you already own a copy of MAG, Call of Duty, Battlefield, Gears of War, Ghost Recon, Rainbow Six or Uncharted 2. Don't waste your time or money on this. All the above games are waaaaayyy better than this pile a junk.

I'm off to spend my 60 bucks on a swanky hooker, she'll at least to a better job of entertaining me than this idiotic game.

Zipper you morons.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 10 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
477 posts

Re: Really Zipper? Really?

Mar 24, 2011

Cool. Enjoy your aids.

Bai bai

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 10 (10 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Mar 24, 2011

I really hate to say it, but I agree completely with you. Game seems too much like MAG if I wanted to play MAG I would have bought MAG.

TOTALLY DISAPPOINTED

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 10 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15781 posts

Mar 24, 2011

Great review.  :smileyhappy:

Recognize My Disease
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 10 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2876 posts

Mar 24, 2011

I am glad I am not the only one annoyed my Asain insurgent speaks with a bad British accent.... "CHANGING MAG COVER ME!".

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 10 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
196 posts

Mar 24, 2011
Mr_GaLvY wrote:

Things I don't mind:

-The cover system.  I think this is pretty good, seeing a lot of hate for it but I really dont mind it

-The hit detection. (SOCOM 1 still had the best though) Confrontation's is better. I disagree, Confrontation was just 'spray in direction of enemy while strafing and whoever gets a lucky headshot 1st wins' I like the hit detection here much better.

Things I like:

-The reload times are spot on. (way one thing I like)

Things I hate:

-Character movement. Eh? You have issues with animations? 

-The camera. Again, something I dont mind, never really felt a need to love the original SOCOM cam

-Stupid backwards coms system. Got a couple of issues with comms but its far from 'backwards'

-The idiotic grenade mechanics. No arch :smileysad:

-The quick match system. Why????

-The way it takes five hours to switch between player camera when I'm dead. Die. Make sandwhich/open beer. Problem solved.

-The controls feel horrible. No they dont, they just need to be remappable

-Claymores no longer require skill. Claymores have never required skill in any game

-The lack of communication between people. Not the games fault, the community's

-The maps on the beta are terrible. Trash opinion, in my trash opinion.

-The XP system is stupid! I hate having idiot messages like "First Blood" and "Weakest Link" popping up on my screen every 5 seconds. OK now you are just being pedantic

-I hate the fact every single character speaks English (I can't tell if it's and enemy of friendly shouting stuff) I like this.

-The weapons all feel and sound the same. Lies and you know it

-Grenade indicators to alert me when a grenade has landed near me. People have ear Zipper, make em use them. But then again listening aint exactly Zippers strongest point. Zipper has an exceptional track record with listening to the community, Slant6 not so much. And there is nothing wrong with grenade indicatiors. Most of the time they blow up before you can get away anyhow.

-Not being able to configure my controls (I like reloading with R3) Agreed, but R3 reload is freakzoid imo

-The crosshairs are moronic. EXCEPTIONALLY PEDANTIC

-Firing from the hip. lolwut

-This game. Then dont buy it.

Only thing I dont like is the lack of character customisation like in Confrontation, enjoyed that. I guess I will have to pray for a MAG skins pack for DLC instead.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Saving the internet from mediocrity since 2000

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 10 (10 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Mar 24, 2011
I agree with some of the thigs above, but remember its a beta version... All thoughs.things are probably gonna be changed... As far as endlesscons comment... Mag was based off socom4, zipper said it themselves... Mag was suppose to be like a mini game of socom and then it started to become its own... So the relation between mag and socom are going to be similar no matter what... I'll probably still buy socom4, but socom and socom2 where the best out of all of them so far... Those were the days..
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 10 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
134 posts

Mar 24, 2011
More people seem to hate this game than like it. Zipper needs to get on this! Stop lickin SONY's nut sack and make a game. This is not a game, it's a stressful experience...
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 10 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
113 posts

Mar 24, 2011

this game feels like a second hand mag, cod and uncharted2.

but nothing like socom.

everything you said is true, plus the lobby system is messed up... the whole point of a clan type game is to play with ur own CLAN! in open rooms. now we cant even play with our own friends lol. totally **bleep**ed the game up.

they used the characters from mag and gave them a new paint job. feels like a second hand game. from all the left overs of another game and engine.

dont waste your moneys on this game, zipper will be forced to remake socom 2, from ground up. not give us another mag lol. they trying to **bleep** us in the backside.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 10 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
127 posts

Mar 24, 2011

zipper shouldnt call this game socom im gonna be violent soon and go keep punch them in the face til the understand that this isnt socom! grr im so annoyed can it really be that hard zipper!

Best Games of All Time :

Everquest Online adventures
Socom II
Demon's Souls
God of war Series
+ Dark Souls.
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 10 (10 Views)
0 Likes