Sep 10 2012
By: Agent_AirForce PlayStation MVP 11185 posts

Rankings Based On Time of Day Played?

[ Edited ]
13 replies 386 views Edited Sep 10, 2012

I know it would likely be a long-shot but I wouldn't mind hearing what ya'll have to say:  What do you all think about a ranking system that would be set up by brackets based on what time of day you typically play?  Reason being, I think there is a skew in the ranking system because I am a firm believer that better players play during the night time after they get off of work for the day.  I could be wrong but from my many years of playing SOCOM since the beginning I have noticed a strong trend of day gamers who play during the day are not being quite the same caliber as those who play in the evening/night.  This skill difference can lead to an average gamer receiving better stats from playing during the day than a gamer of the same skill level to have worse statistics based on them playing in the evening when stronger players are online.

Possible solution, the online ranking system averages out when you typically play the most frequently and puts you into a category that weights your scores more heavily in that time frame.  So lets 70% of my time I play during the evening and 30% in the afternoon, my scores from the afternoon will not weight my rank as heavily as it would if I play in the evening.  Catch my drift? 

I'd like to hear if anyone else agrees or disagrees with the skill levels varying based on the time of day played and whether or not this would be a good system to combat the ranking differences?

Message 1 of 14 (386 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Re: Rankings Based On Time of Day Played?

Sep 10, 2012

I think that the games should be according to rank.  Someone entering the game has a lot less chance of having a good time as someone who has been playing for years that are at a level 100.

Message 2 of 14 (379 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
17388 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 10, 2012

I agree about the facts that there's more competitive players who game on the evening / night shift.

Stats are for noobs though, the only thing revelant in socom is if you won the clan war or not, in my opinion the K/D ratio is not important...

Even though you are 2-8  but you camped the last round with the bomb to get the win without get killed like the rest of your team, you did great !

GTA V FTW !

PSN : Stackcluster
Born young, not dead yet !
Message 3 of 14 (377 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Sep 10, 2012
there's players from all different time zone Europe players are 6 hours difference
Message 4 of 14 (370 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2200 posts

Sep 10, 2012

GunnersMateE5 wrote:

I think that the games should be according to rank.  Someone entering the game has a lot less chance of having a good time as someone who has been playing for years that are at a level 100.

Ahh the good old days.

Message 5 of 14 (365 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
16260 posts

Sep 10, 2012
theres no was to have an accurate ranking system with thousands of players playing different games, different amount of games, playing with different players on their side or opposing and never all playing each other with the same team members and the same rules. its a team game.

Message 6 of 14 (347 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2061 posts

Sep 11, 2012

I know this was an obvious implication with your post, but first off they need to come up with a ranking system that is not worthless before they should even consider doing this.  I could see development teams taking what you suggested and then say, "double XP for people playing after 7pm because they deserve more XP".  If they used a S2 ranking system then yeah...

SUPPORT H-HOUR
Message 7 of 14 (318 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4566 posts

Sep 11, 2012

Ranked should be bannished from online shooters all together, after all it's the leading cause of "rank ups".

MakoShark Trophy Card
Message 8 of 14 (308 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Sep 26, 2012
First i would like to point out that this xp idea is stupid im from UK and play very regulary,but now my gameing experience is being ruined because i have to play 5times as long as i used too to get my xp.calling out the kdr **bleep** is wrong i have a 2.4kdr with no camping,theres all different types of players in the game let people play how they will.i have had the opinion of 10players soo far and we beleive it sucks,this has changed my outlook on socom altogether,please can we doo something about this??
Message 9 of 14 (241 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Sep 26, 2012
There are rank ups allover the game,for example OuTlAwZoFaMeRiCa but nothing done?now you try and improve the game, by destroying every european players game??this is really stupid.
Message 10 of 14 (239 Views)
0 Likes