Sep 20 2012
By: Execrate Fender Bender 4253 posts

RE6

[ Edited ]
3 replies 319 views Edited Sep 20, 2012

I saw some of you guys playing what you think?

I thought it was great!

The second level I kept thinking of the socom map ubran wasteland and uprising.  I wish a con2 would come out and look  that good.

Unrelated but found a new guy to bug on twitter #SocomHD

John Smedley - President, Sony Online Entertainment

Message 1 of 4 (319 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
16881 posts

Re: RE6

Sep 20, 2012

i had this to say about it over on the re forums.

i enjoyed the demo, it reminded me of the older resident evils.  what i didnt like was the fact everyone got their own herbs and their own bullets.  i like having to share supplies and determine who needs what and who should pick up or carry different things.  everyone getting everything seems dumbed down to me.

i also didnt care for the gps. being able to hit a button and have an arrow point you to where you need to go is extremely cheap and dumbed down.  what ever happened to having to figure out where to go and what to do on your own?  are we becoming that stupid that we cant even navigate a video game without someone holding our hand the whole way through it?  and why is it everything is so easy to see?  the herb and the bullets stick out like a sore thumb and the arrows pointing to objects are just pathetic.

on an up side i do like the player movements and the ability to walk and shoot.  i am going to pre order it today as soon as i decide if i want the game or the collection but i do wish they would change those things and not make it so easy.

Photobucket
Message 2 of 4 (313 Views)
Fender Bender
4253 posts

Sep 20, 2012

I agree with everything you said and after I found that latter I hit that button and was like all I had to do was hit a button lame Hopefully the demo is set to easy and hard will touch on both of those things. I really liked 5 co op and this looks like it will blow it away.

Message 3 of 4 (311 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1228 posts

Sep 21, 2012
The item system should be like re5.
Gps should not have any role in re.
Resident evil has been a disappointment for me since the "zombies" learned how to use guns. I'm confused by the demo though, i joined a room and thought i was playing bf. Then in another the zombies were slow, stupid, and weapon-less. I know there are different characters and paths but c'mon. I like the old school close quarter zombies. Even resident evil feels generic now... Dissapointing. Not a buy for me.
------------------------------
S_L_I_C_K - "i would take the current /6 over socom 1 and 2s zipper every day of the week.  /6 is better than zipper ever pretended to be. "
Message 4 of 4 (268 Views)
0 Likes