Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Wastelander
813 posts

Re: PODCAST/ Zipper Devs get jobs

Oct 29, 2012

Stackcluster wrote:

do we have an idea of the expected release date of takedown ?

I think the first of 2014 which is a ways away, but they have posted things are moving faster than expected and that they are getting good backing which has allowed them to add a few more people to help out.  So may be earlier but they haven't confirmed that.

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 16 (166 Views)
Wastelander
813 posts

Oct 29, 2012

A_P_E_X__KILLER wrote:

S_L_I_C_K wrote:

xXEXORCISTXx wrote:

NiTeShAdE83 wrote:

Sounds promising. But I wont get my hopes up to high because between Socom 4 and the Dirt514 beta I'm highly dissapointed. 4 builds and they just fixed hit detection and the devs have no idea what they are doing. They should stick to space MMO's tbh!

You know I was thinking the same thing but then I had a thought of was it them or were they handcuffed by Sony and they had to do what they wanted them to do.  With serellan being indie I hopeful that we will see some more open minds to suggestions and creativity.  I have a little hope with this new title.  The PC version is coming out first so we will have to wait a while to see the PS3 version but it has been confirmed that it will be 3rd person when it does come to PS3 8)

zipper was every bit as guilty as sony if not more. 

I hate to agree with you but this was already proven by Sony. They state that they do not force any development company on how they choose to build their game.

Well then that totally blows to know that Zipper had every oppertunity to bring back the original gameplay and completely blew it.  They got what they deserved!  However I know that they didn't have the same people working on 4 that did 1 and 2 because people left and **bleep**.  And **bleep** SETH LUISI!!

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 16 (166 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
469 posts

Oct 29, 2012

xXEXORCISTXx wrote:

A_P_E_X__KILLER wrote:

S_L_I_C_K wrote:

xXEXORCISTXx wrote:

NiTeShAdE83 wrote:

Sounds promising. But I wont get my hopes up to high because between Socom 4 and the Dirt514 beta I'm highly dissapointed. 4 builds and they just fixed hit detection and the devs have no idea what they are doing. They should stick to space MMO's tbh!

You know I was thinking the same thing but then I had a thought of was it them or were they handcuffed by Sony and they had to do what they wanted them to do.  With serellan being indie I hopeful that we will see some more open minds to suggestions and creativity.  I have a little hope with this new title.  The PC version is coming out first so we will have to wait a while to see the PS3 version but it has been confirmed that it will be 3rd person when it does come to PS3 8)

I hate to agree with you but this was already proven by Sony. They state that they do not force any development company on how they choose to build their game.

Well then that totally blows to know that Zipper had every oppertunity to bring back the original gameplay and completely blew it.  They got what they deserved!  However I know that they didn't have the same people working on 4 that did 1 and 2 because people left and **bleep**.  And **bleep** SETH LUISI!!

Everyone knows I hate Seth, I feel he has personally killed this game off. Whether directly or indirectly. As for the people who worked on the game doesn't matter either. Zipper chose this direction. Their problem is that none of them had programming skills. Socom 4 wasn't a good game period and even after delays it still sold incomplete. How is this acceptable only in gaming? If this was a tv or car most here would laugh if they though we would accept anything less than 100% of a great product.

People or should I say gamers need to stop accepting lesser or broken and incomplete games as the norm!

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 16 (159 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
813 posts

Oct 30, 2012

A_P_E_X__KILLER wrote:

xXEXORCISTXx wrote:

A_P_E_X__KILLER wrote:

S_L_I_C_K wrote:

xXEXORCISTXx wrote:

NiTeShAdE83 wrote:

Everyone knows I hate Seth, I feel he has personally killed this game off. Whether directly or indirectly. As for the people who worked on the game doesn't matter either. Zipper chose this direction. Their problem is that none of them had programming skills. Socom 4 wasn't a good game period and even after delays it still sold incomplete. How is this acceptable only in gaming? If this was a tv or car most here would laugh if they though we would accept anything less than 100% of a great product.

People or should I say gamers need to stop accepting lesser or broken and incomplete games as the norm!

Agree.  I think when patching game available developers said "Hey let's get it some what working and we will patch the rest" which has totally ruined gaming.  Also I think that gamers need to be more patient as well.  The pressure on some of these developers to push products out the door is crazy.  I am all for letting them get it right the first time and wait another 6 monthes to 1 yr for a better/finished product then to have them rush the game out the door and not make it a quaility game. 

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 16 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
469 posts

Oct 30, 2012

xXEXORCISTXx wrote:

A_P_E_X__KILLER wrote:

xXEXORCISTXx wrote:

A_P_E_X__KILLER wrote:

S_L_I_C_K wrote:

xXEXORCISTXx wrote:

NiTeShAdE83 wrote:

Agree.  I think when patching game available developers said "Hey let's get it some what working and we will patch the rest" which has totally ruined gaming.  Also I think that gamers need to be more patient as well.  The pressure on some of these developers to push products out the door is crazy.  I am all for letting them get it right the first time and wait another 6 monthes to 1 yr for a better/finished product then to have them rush the game out the door and not make it a quaility game. 

Only one problem is that as it pertains to socom so far no developer would be able to make a complete great game. Did you remember that socom 4 had took almost 5 years to make? That is a long time... How is it we see other games out that have less issues? Seems to me that the education level or programmers are coming out of a cracker jack box!

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 16 (144 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
813 posts

Oct 30, 2012

A_P_E_X__KILLER wrote:

xXEXORCISTXx wrote:

A_P_E_X__KILLER wrote:

xXEXORCISTXx wrote:

A_P_E_X__KILLER wrote:

S_L_I_C_K wrote:

xXEXORCISTXx wrote:

NiTeShAdE83 wrote:

Only one problem is that as it pertains to socom so far no developer would be able to make a complete great game. Did you remember that socom 4 had took almost 5 years to make? That is a long time... How is it we see other games out that have less issues? Seems to me that the education level or programmers are coming out of a cracker jack box!

You know I was thinking the samething.  The more I see the great devs start to use sites like kickstarter to get their games funded so they don't have to mess with the big companies like Sony I wonder how many have left the industry because they are tired of being dictated to...I wish the original creators of socom could see the out cry and that they would do something about it. 

Also I believe s4 took that long not only because of the lack of devs knowledge but didn't they even create their own engine?  Which now a days is the stupidest thing I have heard of...If I am wrong then never mind but I thought they did that...

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 16 (140 Views)
0 Likes