First Son
5 posts

Re: Many bad criticism from fake long time fans!

Apr 5, 2011

lmao@touch em all

co-sign

I love guys who like to think they are celebs in the socom world. Its like the star-fuqer who sees a celebrity and is like....'hey, remember me??  You signed my T-shirt 27 years ago at the convention center'

Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 32 (0 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Apr 5, 2011

At all of you who dont like to hear about negative Socom feedback, u dont understand. Take a look at COD from the first multiplayer game. It hasnt changed except for a few improvements. Why? Because one formula worked. The movements, the b...uttons, the energy, all of it stayed the same. The things they added didnt change the gameplay at all because they see what works. The public has spoken. Zipper asked for feedback and they got it. A lot has changed. I played the BETA and found myself trying to do S2 things which threw me off. The classic settings are embedded into my head. I get dizzy when the character engulfs the whole screen when Im trying to move around. I hate open mic...HATE IT!! Zipper took away things that worked for Socom game play and switched up buttons which isnt kool. It flowed easily before. I dont know where it goes from here, but like I said, the public has spoken. I can definately understand the new direction method, but to change the whole game isnt kool. Socom has to be identifiable just by gameplay alone. If I was introduced to this game without being told what it was, I would have no idea that it was socom.
Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 32 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2200 posts

Apr 5, 2011

lobos12 wrote:

Like MercReign said....its pretty much the same people posting the same thing over and over again.

This isn't new tho, most sequels have these so called "hardcore fans" that will bash the new game just because it isn't the old one.

I for one would rather not buy another remake since it would just get boring rather fast.....like the Madden Series for example. 

I guess that is why they came up with you cow eyed " fannyboyz " to try and help sell this garbage.

Ya but you probably own COD 1 thru 7

Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 32 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1521 posts

Apr 5, 2011
To the op.nobody remembers you. Or me or any of us. who have been on since socom 1 . I will say the game has changed with every sequel but nothings been taken away until now. This is as different game. Like it if you want but dont call it socom because it isnt. Calling it socom is just fooling yourself. If you were ever a real socom player you would quite easily see this is in no way shape or form socom. Mag 2 is what it is. Socom takes more effort to make
Beta Tester of Valor
Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 32 (0 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

Apr 5, 2011

Two words : Crappy game

Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 32 (0 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Apr 5, 2011

FROST_420 wrote:

lobos12 wrote:

Like MercReign said....its pretty much the same people posting the same thing over and over again.

This isn't new tho, most sequels have these so called "hardcore fans" that will bash the new game just because it isn't the old one.

I for one would rather not buy another remake since it would just get boring rather fast.....like the Madden Series for example. 

I guess that is why they came up with you cow eyed " fannyboyz " to try and help sell this garbage.

Ya but you probably own COD 1 thru 7

Who came up with what now? Post like yours is why the "hardcore" community is a joke.

Actually I only own 2 cod games.....not to mention I've owned socom 1,2,3 among many other shooters over the past 15 years, so what's your point? Mad that your game can't compete to today's top selling franchise?

Nice try though, come back when you have some intelligence.

Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 32 (0 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
31 posts

Apr 5, 2011

99% of the poeple belly aching the same tired old message will buy this game.LOL.

Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 32 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
189 posts

Apr 5, 2011

haters gonna hate maybe we get lucky and there will  get tired of typing the same **bleep**

Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 32 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
131 posts

Apr 5, 2011

Well the beta is a horrible rendition of Socom & COD combined. Cancelling my pre-order. Hope Socom will really return to it ROOTS!!!!

Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 32 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
75 posts

Apr 5, 2011

I am no fake long time fan and I can tell you the reason why there is so much criticism is because this game is not socom. 

If any of you truly share interest in Zipper and SOCOM than you would know tha MAG was orginally planned to be the first installment of SOCOM on the ps3 but Zipper had grown bored of producing the same thing over and over again and used the launch of Ps3 and all of its excitment to get out of a rut that they felt they were in.  Zipper turned a game out called MAG, they put their hearts and soul into that game and it was a good game, but it was not what a SOCOM fan was looking for. 

This leads into the criticism of the beta of S4.  Zipper still filled with excitement and ambition wanted to let us experience the all new mechanics gameplay they designed and very carefully implemented them into SOCOM.

That is why we are upset.  We want SOCOM, not MAG.  This game is fun, sure its fun, mag is fun cod is fun but what seperates SOCOM from the rest are totally different "FLOWS" of the maps and creative stratagies of the players. 

See respawn maps have no true spots to hold or choke with, there is always a back door, that it was keeps the action fast and fun, in SOCOM the maps are truely real life battlefields.  The choke points don't flex much.

This is where the teamwork and tactics are formed,  in the newer games like mag and cod the objects almost force the team work and tactics and that is not fun, it is not natural.  This is what "feels off"

Like I said before, this game is a good game, just like mag, but it really isn't SOCOM.

su-prem-a-cy
-noun
1. the quality or state of being supreme.
2. supreme authority or power.
Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 32 (0 Views)
0 Likes