Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Feb 28 2011
By: Gamble_STARS Fender Bender 3929 posts

Is sticking with one flavor W/O change for a lifetime advisable for success..

86 replies 10 views Edited Feb 28, 2011

...to the ever changing of people's mind set?

I do not understand why people won't get it through their thick skulls; this is not "old gen" SOCOM. This is "next gen." I saw a big difference in the old Madden games and the next gen games. I felt player speed was faster in the older titles rather than the PS3/360 versions. Smash Bro's for N64 is nothing like Brawl imo. Why? Times have changed. Games that used to use medkits are now becoming obsolete. Why? Again, because times are changing and health regeneration is the most popular feature.

Do you really think a company is going to stay old school forever? What made S1-S2 successful then was popular then. Not many people now want challenges. They want a game that you can "pick up and go." CoD unfortunately offers that, and look at their sales. I guarantee if Zipper designed S4 after the old gen titles, you'd see 97% of the old school players and 3% of the new school, and the new school would quit after awhile most likely. Would you have liked it if we stayed with VHS tapes? Most likely not. People were getting fed up with Activision/IW because they kept making WW2 shooters. They took the modern route and did well, then released one more WW2 game.

Maybe if people were more business minded, they would know sometimes the quote, "if it ain't broke don't fix it" will not make you money. A lot of times in the corporate world, you have to fix what is not broken in order to get ahead in this "dog eat dog" world. Sure, keep protesting like those unions in Wisconsin and Ohio, about how much you want a S2 feel for S4, you most likely won't get it. Either you get on the train or you hop off, simple as that.

If you can't accept change, I do not know why you are still living on earth. Because it is around you 24/7 and there is nothing you can do about it. As one announcer said after Vick was released from jail, "The Micheal Vick train is in full swing people and theres nothing you can do about it. WELCOME TO ARMAGEDDON!!" And he was on the money with that. So to all you haters.

WELCOME TO ARMAGEDDON! because what you see is what you get.

Edit: Maybe Zipper will release a patch to cater to its long time fans, right now, they have to think whats best for "Them", not us.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 87 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2548 posts

Re: Is sticking with one flavor W/O change for a lifetime advisable for success

Feb 28, 2011

Either find a new game or roll with the change.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 87 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3929 posts

Feb 28, 2011

BabyGirlTy wrote:

Exactly. I wish people would realize that.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 87 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2548 posts

Feb 28, 2011

Gamble_STARS wrote:

BabyGirlTy wrote:

Its just like anything, if your job changes its product, then what are you going to do, quit and find a new job or roll with the change?

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 87 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3929 posts

Feb 28, 2011

BabyGirlTy wrote:

Gamble_STARS wrote:

BabyGirlTy wrote:

Its just like anything, if your job changes its product, then what are you going to do, quit and find a new job or roll with the change?

Oh yeah, In this economy, you better accept that change. Quitting would be dumb.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 87 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9821 posts

Feb 28, 2011

Coke and KFC have used the same exact recipe/formula for years and it works great for them.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 87 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3929 posts

Feb 28, 2011

LaZyTiMe wrote:

Coke and KFC have used the same exact recipe/formula for years and it works great for them.

Hmmm you really can't complain much about "old school" cooking. Recipes have been past down from generation to generation. You can keep the same ingredients, but keeping the same electronics or digital type is not very smart.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 87 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2415 posts

Feb 28, 2011

BabyGirlTy wrote:

My opinion to a tee.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 87 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
443 posts

Feb 28, 2011

As a long time Madden fan i have to completely dissagree. They have been succesful since they do not change much at all. Same basic controls forever. sure they added the hit stick one year. They added hot routes another year. They have never had a complete overhaul of the game since game systems went from 2 to 4 to 6 to 8 buttons. and yet it has aways kept the "Madden" feel. They have stayed the coarse, that is why they are the best at what they do. EA adds in more elements for the hardcore player while still making it playable for the casual. Their main focus is on the long time Madden fan. and this has worked for them. Battlefield, MOH and even COD have not changed much since they came about as WW2 shooters, same basic controls with some tweaks. All the long time Socom fans are asking is why does this series need to change to meet them instead of the other way around?

THE PROBLEM WITH TRYING TO CAPTURE CASUAL PLAYERS IS THE CREATION OF A CASUAL GAME
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 87 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3929 posts

Feb 28, 2011

^let me rephrase that. You can't really complain about old school cooking that is STILL good, unless its not really healthy, but most Americans can careless about the health risks. Food does not need much change. But if a company needs to save some money, the quality usually diminishes. KFC is not really struggling.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 87 (10 Views)
0 Likes