Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Feb 18 2013
By: HasteInTime First Son 5 posts

Headset Issue

[ Edited ]
2 replies 176 views Edited Feb 18, 2013

Hi there, I really don't know what to do- here is my issue;

I just bought the new PS3 Stereo Wireless headset last year before Sony decide to release the newer model which was later on after I bought model-1, model-2 supposedly fixes some stuff. So I have the older model-1. My issue is that I can't hear players that are communicating in game but I see that they do and I think that they can hear me but I can't hear them . I have set-up the headset on the XMB just fine and it works there, SOCOM4 is the only game that technically"mutes" the other players for me. I just don't know why I can hear the in-game audio through the set but not the players chatting. i have even done the Socom 4 audio options to fireteam chat to go to the headset and still no dice.

Any thoughts and/or suggestions?

If you have a good PS3 mic which one do you have and would you recommend it?

I'm thinking of getting a new headset since I can't play socom 4 like this.

*note: I don't know where to have this, but it's an issue specific to Socom 4.

~ Online PSN+ Sat-Tue every week... ~
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 3 (176 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
16881 posts

Re: Headset Issue

Feb 18, 2013

HasteInTime wrote:

Hi there, I really don't know what to do- here is my issue;

I just bought the new PS3 Stereo Wireless headset last year before Sony decide to release the newer model which was later on after I bought model-1, model-2 supposedly fixes some stuff. So I have the older model-1. My issue is that I can't hear players that are communicating in game but I see that they do and I think that they can hear me but I can't hear them . I have set-up the headset on the XMB just fine and it works there, SOCOM4 is the only game that technically"mutes" the other players for me. I just don't know why I can hear the in-game audio through the set but not the players chatting. i have even done the Socom 4 audio options to fireteam chat to go to the headset and still no dice.

Any thoughts and/or suggestions?

If you have a good PS3 mic which one do you have and would you recommend it?

I'm thinking of getting a new headset since I can't play socom 4 like this.

*note: I don't know where to have this, but it's an issue specific to Socom 4.

i am not familiar with socom 4s com system or that mic. all i can say is to make sure you have the audio input and output set to that mic and not to default or whatever they call it in the xmb, which it sounds like you already checked.  or maybe deleting the mic from the ps3 and reinstalling it.  maybe check to see if everyone is muted? like i said i dont know much about how socom 4 works but its a screwed up game to begin with so i wouldnt rule out some bug that mutes everyone.

i have a couple friends that have that mic and they said it takes some playing around to get it set up to where it works right.  so far i havent heard anything good about it to tell you the truth.  they say the audio isnt that good and the battery life is extremely short.  if you are looking for a new mic i would suggest a logitech, i have had mine for a year or 2 and have had zero problems with it, plus its battery lasts forever.  i dont think i have ever had to plug it in while using it and i have had some days where i used it for over 8 hours strait.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 3 (157 Views)
First Son
5 posts

Re: Headset Issue

[ Edited ]
Feb 18, 2013

This is the headset and they recalled it then made adjustments and re-released it, after which they made the Sony Pulse Elite Edition Wireless Stereo Headset. I own the first model of the WSH that got re-called later on. The difference is supposed to be that you can use all five volume levels. Also it comes with some minor tweaks over model-1, cosmetically they kept both WSH model-1 and model-2 looking the same which makes it confusing to tell them apart.

See the images here for the Sony WSH:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-media/product-gallery/B0053OLY9O/ref=cm_ciu_pdp_images_dav

See the Pulse (which I don't own):
http://www.amazon.com/Edition-Wireless-Headset-PlayStation-3-63089006306200/dp/B0087OZ5FG/ref=sr_1_1...

As far as I can tell this Official Sony WSH works in other games and I can only set the volume for the Mic to "3" but I can hear them and they hear me and in no capacity is it Bluetooth, it just uses a USB instead.This would be the ideal headset as the only other option for me is to be without ingame sound to the headset using my ASUS ANC Vulcan PC Headset, which is using a Logitec USB In-line Analog Adapter. With this setup I blame the PS3 for not being able to utilize and detect sound devices as it should beside anything Bluetooth. Of course for the Asus ANC-Vulcan Headset on PS3 I would need a good usb sound card solution and I might use this with it:

http://www.amazon.com/Creative-Blaster-Recon3D-External-Enhancer/dp/B005FKT70O/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qi...

but I would prefer a dedicated headset that works well on PS3 overall and is wired if possible- I just don't want to deal with batteries dying or the problems of the headset being a multi console thing with niche issues. In this case I'm being a bit of a audiophile. Which after having this issue, you would understand some of my frustration.

I just dont understand why a sony made product is having so many issues with working on a Zipper Interactive title which is pretty much under the same umbrella. At this point I'm open to any ideas that could explian it and I'm still open to possible headsets that have worked at least 99.99% of the time for you in SOCOM4.

~ Online PSN+ Sat-Tue every week... ~
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 3 (148 Views)
0 Likes