Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
5 posts

Re: For people that have Problems with the 1.05 patch

Sep 26, 2011

hey im having the same problem with socom4 patch.ive been trying to down load it for 5 days now a few times a day but nothing.i spend 5-6 hours a day trying to down load and it gives me erro after installin 4/4.says game not compatibal with version or something like that.sony sucks.

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 20 (1,239 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
461 posts

Sep 26, 2011

Curious, where is all the technical support from the company who actually implemented this patch? Hmmm

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 20 (1,239 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
461 posts

Sep 26, 2011

BASKEE wrote:

xsolowx wrote:

i have something very odd to report here...I was having the same issues..tried for 3 days to get it working with no success. Saturday evening I came home and tried again..same thing couldnt get past 1 of 4 98%. i got the error again and was so mad so I just walked out and washed my car without turning the system off. I came in the house an hour later and the main socom title screen was up..I logged on and was playing right away....I have no idea how this happened, but I am certain it did...so maybe just try leaving it on for a while even though it looks frozen...

The difference is you are getting a connection error, the people will the original 60 GB PS3 like myself are simply having the installation freeze with no error. I have tried everything, I even did a complete system restore of PS3 which deleted everything I had, it still froze on installation. I spent all last night redownloading all my other game updates, I am still in the process of installing them, but hey at least THEY FINISH INSTALLING! Thanks Zipper

I actually have a newer PS3 Slim, 320 GB and I'm having the freeze issue as well.  It's not just limited to the older fatboy ps3.

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 20 (1,239 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3887 posts

Sep 26, 2011

My problem is that every time I boot SOCOM 4, I have to stop myself from vomiting, any fixes?

So why does a company that relies on consumer satisfaction and brand recognition treat its fans with such contempt? Because...

Sony hates you.

2,754,617 people are tired of Sony's bull.
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 20 (1,239 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

May 14, 2012

I've figured out why the 1.05 patch won't download - you need to install the game data FIRST. The issue is that if you buy the game new right now, and you pop it into your ps3, it's gonna download the patch FIRST before installing the data, so this is what you gotta do:

1. Pop in the disc & start the game. When the black screen prompts you to update to 1.05, press O to quit (instead of X to continue).

2. Let the game install the game data (if at any time it prompts you to update, DO NOT, otherwise you'll be stuck in the same download loop as you were before).

3. Make sure that you can access the game's main menu (after the game data is installed). Then, you can try to access the online multiplayer, at which point the game will prompt you to log into the PSN, and the update prompt appears again. NOW you may update.

4. This time you'll notice that there will be no hiccups - all 4 updates should download fine. There will be one last stage of installing data, which will take some time.

5. Voila, you can now play SOCOM 4!

by ubcphasyangbo

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 20 (1,239 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Aug 19, 2012
Thanks for solution but it does not work in my situation. I have tried any solution from internet but without success (other people have the same problem like me and this not work for their).
Have you any other ideas?
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 20 (1,180 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Aug 25, 2012
Good news ! After twenty time it started and finished with succes.
I don't know what was a problem but it is now working.

Be patient guys with this issue - it really need many try.

Idea: in meantime i had play in singleplayer till 5 mission and after that i tried to install patch again and this time with success - maybe game want to be tested before multiplayer will be available ? :smileywink:
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 20 (1,147 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 8, 2012

That worked thank you

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 20 (970 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jul 18, 2013

Hi !! i tried this way many many times without succes. Can you upload your patch data ? i mean, share the patch using a server to download on our computers, then copy the patch data on a pendrive USB whatever and finally copy on the PS3 . 

Sorry for my english, this is my third language.

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 20 (650 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jul 18, 2013
Hi !! i tried this way many many times without succes. Can you upload your patch data ? i mean, share the patch using a server to download on our computers, then copy the patch data on a pendrive USB whatever and finally copy on the PS3 .

Sorry for my english, this is my third language.
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 20 (647 Views)
0 Likes