hey im having the same problem with socom4 patch.ive been trying to down load it for 5 days now a few times a day but nothing.i spend 5-6 hours a day trying to down load and it gives me erro after installin 4/4.says game not compatibal with version or something like that.sony sucks.
i have something very odd to report here...I was having the same issues..tried for 3 days to get it working with no success. Saturday evening I came home and tried again..same thing couldnt get past 1 of 4 98%. i got the error again and was so mad so I just walked out and washed my car without turning the system off. I came in the house an hour later and the main socom title screen was up..I logged on and was playing right away....I have no idea how this happened, but I am certain it did...so maybe just try leaving it on for a while even though it looks frozen...
The difference is you are getting a connection error, the people will the original 60 GB PS3 like myself are simply having the installation freeze with no error. I have tried everything, I even did a complete system restore of PS3 which deleted everything I had, it still froze on installation. I spent all last night redownloading all my other game updates, I am still in the process of installing them, but hey at least THEY FINISH INSTALLING! Thanks Zipper
I actually have a newer PS3 Slim, 320 GB and I'm having the freeze issue as well. It's not just limited to the older fatboy ps3.
My problem is that every time I boot SOCOM 4, I have to stop myself from vomiting, any fixes?
I've figured out why the 1.05 patch won't download - you need to install the game data FIRST. The issue is that if you buy the game new right now, and you pop it into your ps3, it's gonna download the patch FIRST before installing the data, so this is what you gotta do:
1. Pop in the disc & start the game. When the black screen prompts you to update to 1.05, press O to quit (instead of X to continue).
2. Let the game install the game data (if at any time it prompts you to update, DO NOT, otherwise you'll be stuck in the same download loop as you were before).
3. Make sure that you can access the game's main menu (after the game data is installed). Then, you can try to access the online multiplayer, at which point the game will prompt you to log into the PSN, and the update prompt appears again. NOW you may update.
4. This time you'll notice that there will be no hiccups - all 4 updates should download fine. There will be one last stage of installing data, which will take some time.
5. Voila, you can now play SOCOM 4!
Hi !! i tried this way many many times without succes. Can you upload your patch data ? i mean, share the patch using a server to download on our computers, then copy the patch data on a pendrive USB whatever and finally copy on the PS3 .
Sorry for my english, this is my third language.