Oct 20 2011
By: SunavaGun82 I Only Post Everything 1368 posts

Demolition DLC Review from a Socom 4 fanboy

16 replies 27 views Edited Oct 20, 2011

After playing everything for a couple days I want to talk about it and see what everyone else thinks.

Maps

Bitter Jungle and Overflow are the two best maps in the DLC in both respawn and classic. Ruins sucks in my opinion because it has unlimited sightlines and bad spots for camping spawns in standard but who knows maybe I will start to like it down the road once I get accustomed to playing it with Socom 4 style gameplay. Departure is decent, but my only problem with this map is that Zipper went overboard with being allowed to go in and out of every train and every train has several doors to go in and out of, it's just way too confusing. Otherwise it's a decent map. Zipper definitely cut down on "fixed" cover spots in all of these maps. That's a good thing.

BJ = 5/5

Overfow = 4/5

Departure = 3/5

Ruins = 2/5

Other

Guns are good. The 226 is the same as the FDO-11 (reason why it is on the Spec ops side) which is not a bad thing once you mod that gun up because it does not spray and it's pinpoint accurate. I like the power of the HC.

Not sure why Zipper did not add 32 player respawn Demo with the new maps, it would be so much better with more players (not that it's bad now). The map sizes are perfect for it. Maybe Demo is too hard of a game mode for that many players. I trust you here Zipper.

Why isn't Demo on Sacrifice, one of the best maps in the game? I have not seen this map pop up, it has me worried. This map would have been excellent for Demo.

Zipper should have not brought back the cheesy looking Socom characters from past. It does fit the theme of the game and they stand out like a sore thumb, plus Jester looks like a roided Chuck Norris - never show white skin when making charatcers, it makes them look cartoony. If Jester's arms were covered with black spandex (so you could still see his muscles) it would look better. Specter looks awesome.

Zipper, please consider changing the color of the planting zone icon from red to maybe yellow or something in Demo respawn. It's very confusing when around that area because it's the same red diamond that goes above enemy heads when they fire at you.

entire DLC I would give it a 3.5/5 (Good)

That's all.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 17 (27 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
614 posts

Re: Demolition DLC Review from a Socom 4 fanboy

Oct 20, 2011

I use Jester ..not cartoony. I guess you guys are use to seeing blocky characters and don't understand change.

Freelance Journalist
Partner At EGM, Twitch.tv, Youtube
http://www.antdagamer.com
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 17 (27 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1368 posts

Oct 20, 2011

AntDaGamer wrote:

I use Jester ..not cartoony. I guess you guys are use to seeing blocky characters and don't understand change.

It's his white skin on his arms that makes him look cartoony, designers have not figured out how to make real looking skin yet. Wells doesn't look as cartoony because his skin is darker.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 17 (27 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1980 posts

Oct 20, 2011

AntDaGamer wrote:

blocky characters?  Please explain.   Jester looks awful imo compared to Specter.

Instead of trolling, find something better to do. All you are doing is making a fool of yourself.

http://therealsocom.com/s1hd/votes1hd6.png

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 17 (27 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2936 posts

Oct 20, 2011

SunavaGun82 wrote:

AntDaGamer wrote:

It's his white skin on his arms that makes him look cartoony, designers have not figured out how to make real looking skin yet. Wells doesn't look as cartoony because his skin is darker.

So white guys look cartoony but black guys don't? I'm not following.....

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 17 (27 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8012 posts

Oct 20, 2011

Big_Fred18 wrote:

AntDaGamer wrote:

blocky characters?  Please explain.   Jester looks awful imo compared to Specter.

Jester is really................... Chris Redfield!!!!!!

http://cdn.screenrant.com/wp-content/uploads/resident-evil-4-5-afterlife-chris-redfield-wentworth-miller.jpg

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 17 (27 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8012 posts

Oct 20, 2011

Number_7__ wrote:

SunavaGun82 wrote:

AntDaGamer wrote:

Its a black thing you wouldn't understand. lol

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 17 (27 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1368 posts

Oct 20, 2011

Number_7__ wrote:

SunavaGun82 wrote:

AntDaGamer wrote:

Yes because with white skin you see more and designers have not figured out how to get the right shading. With darker skin you see less detail and it's much easier to make real looking dark-skin colors.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 17 (27 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1980 posts

Oct 20, 2011

GordaoPreguicoso wrote:

Number_7__ wrote:

SunavaGun82 wrote:

AntDaGamer wrote:

Its a black thing you wouldn't understand. lol

Maybe we need to get led in here to figure things out. lol

Instead of trolling, find something better to do. All you are doing is making a fool of yourself.

http://therealsocom.com/s1hd/votes1hd6.png

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 17 (27 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2428 posts

Oct 20, 2011

Big_Fred18 wrote:

AntDaGamer wrote:

i agree...specter is my second fav next to Chimera

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 17 (27 Views)
0 Likes