Treasure Hunter
9232 posts

Re: David Sears

Sep 18, 2012

WRX_ wrote:

Nobody should be getting too excited yet, he is working on a mobile game, if the game does well they will try to sell it on the PSN...sorry to burst everyones bubble.

I think there is much much more to it than that. I think that "mobile ap" is just the tip of the ice burg to what they have lined up...

Message 21 of 25 (425 Views)
Wastelander
896 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 18, 2012

I admittedly have been a David Sears fan boy. He's just an interesting guy. Read his bio and portfolio. I find him to be an interesting dude. I think he had a lot to do with the success of the early Socoms. Just my opinion.

Message 22 of 25 (423 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
16881 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 21, 2012

another batch of questions with some more interesting answers.  i would like to see what these guys could do on the ps3. 

A: Mechanics. An ugly game that plays well is a better game than a pretty one with no depth or challenge. But we don’t want to ship an ugly game, either. Generally speaking, if it comes down to a choice between a gameplay feature versus a rendering or other art feature, we’ll put the money on the gameplay side. It is rarely such a clear cut decision though. It’s more of a philosophy that you keep close to heart when you begin a game design.

Q: You have a lot of fans from the SOCOM  franchise that have a strong interest in seeing a game that provides a similar experience to SOCOM s 1 and 2. What are your thoughts on putting the SOCrack into SOFs' upcoming games?

A: Good question. Big Daddy Davee asked a very similar one and I answered it first. Sorry! So instead I’ll say this here: SOCOM had a way of keeping you on the edge of your comfort zone and could be fairly relentless. I love that and I want us to be inspired by that. But that’s just the way battle is and we’re going to be revisiting that reality again for H-Hour.

Q: What are core features that you feel is a MUST for the games you are spearheading?

A: Multiplayer with maps designed for specific gamemodes and a lot of community support features built in. Core mechanics that allow you to feel like you are genuinely well trained military men (and women!). Precise control over your teammates but AI that appears to anticipate your intentions. AI that communicate to you their intentions and status consistently. Touch controls that feel as intuitive as analog controllers (a very, very tall order and one of the biggest design challenges). That’s just to name a few. I am in the process of assigning relative value to all the features in the MindMap of the game, and the process is making the most important features are rising to the top.

seth luisi should have taken notes while sears was at zipper.

oh yeah heres the link   http://www.sofstudios.com/community/forums/thread.php?id=111

Photobucket
Message 23 of 25 (342 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1919 posts

Sep 23, 2012

Dirty_Walter wrote:

WRX_ wrote:

Nobody should be getting too excited yet, he is working on a mobile game, if the game does well they will try to sell it on the PSN...sorry to burst everyones bubble.

I think there is much much more to it than that. I think that "mobile ap" is just the tip of the ice burg to what they have lined up...

Maybe, still doesnt change the fact that the mobile game is what they are working on now and that anything console related probably wont be out for at least a year.

Message 24 of 25 (295 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1024 posts

Sep 23, 2012

WRX_ wrote:

Dirty_Walter wrote:

WRX_ wrote:

Maybe, still doesnt change the fact that the mobile game is what they are working on now and that anything console related probably wont be out for at least a year.

I dont think anyone here is overly excited or anything,  is just better reading than the usual nonsense

aka smokeethetire
Message 25 of 25 (282 Views)
0 Likes