I Only Post Everything
1295 posts

Re: David Sears

Sep 15, 2012

all this hype over nothing, this happens all the time on these forums and 10 times out of 10 nothing will happen....Getting people excited for nothing, what a waste.

"Socom Confrontation was a remake of socom 2" -Slick
Message 11 of 25 (671 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1036 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 15, 2012

xSlappy wrote:

all this hype over nothing, this happens all the time on these forums and 10 times out of 10 nothing will happen....Getting people excited for nothing, what a waste.

Take it easy killjoy,  not everyone wants to see troll arguments over the same thing in EVERY thread.  This is great news..... he said he IS working on it...... that means we can at least expect some form of Socom in the future.  Whether it is a "true" Socom remains to be seen..... One can only hope.

aka smokeethetire
Message 12 of 25 (649 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2471 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 16, 2012

xSlappy wrote:

Call me crazy, but I agree. I'm a "seeing is believing" kind of guy. Sure, Sears is working on something, but who's to say it'll turn out the way we want it to? With this franchise specifically in mind, I think pessimism is expected, and I'm not an exception to it.

Message 13 of 25 (601 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
14142 posts

Sep 16, 2012

Lordmarshal wrote:

xSlappy wrote:

Take it easy killjoy,  not everyone wants to see troll arguments over the same thing in EVERY thread.  This is great news..... he said he IS working on it...... that means we can at least expect some form of Socom in the future.  Whether it is a "true" Socom remains to be seen..... One can only hope.

I just hope some aren't misinterpreting what he's saying cause if people think he's making a Socom game they are going to be in for a lot of disappointment. He wants to make a third person tacitcal shooter, he wants to use some elements that worked well and were liked by Socom fans, but it's still going to be a different game. It would probably be similar to a Socom game in the same way that Counterstrike is similar to a Socom game and could actually even be more different cause they haven't even spoken of what sort of game modes they plan to use or any such details. I think no matter what modes they use though they will put emphasis on designing maps that play to the strenghts of those modes sort of like the early Socom games did. Bascially from everything I heard so far it sounds as though they are looking to build a game with a similar formula our outline but will use features from not just Socom but other tactical shooter franchises as well. I'm sure we'll probably see some rainbow six inspired elements in a game by him as well being as he spent his most recent time with Ubi before going to SOFs.

Sig: Socom 1 and 2 best games I've played on any console.
Message 14 of 25 (582 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
1036 posts

Sep 16, 2012

TOMBSTONE4U wrote:

Lordmarshal wrote:

xSlappy wrote:

I just hope some aren't misinterpreting what he's saying cause if people think he's making a Socom game they are going to be in for a lot of disappointment. He wants to make a third person tacitcal shooter, he wants to use some elements that worked well and were liked by Socom fans, but it's still going to be a different game. It would probably be similar to a Socom game in the same way that Counterstrike is similar to a Socom game and could actually even be more different cause they haven't even spoken of what sort of game modes they plan to use or any such details. I think no matter what modes they use though they will put emphasis on designing maps that play to the strenghts of those modes sort of like the early Socom games did. Bascially from everything I heard so far it sounds as though they are looking to build a game with a similar formula our outline but will use features from not just Socom but other tactical shooter franchises as well. I'm sure we'll probably see some rainbow six inspired elements in a game by him as well being as he spent his most recent time with Ubi before going to SOFs.

Oh ok.... I see, but its still good news to me sort of for the fact that Sears knows what he/we want in a TPS. 

aka smokeethetire
Message 15 of 25 (558 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Moderator (Retired)
4213 posts

Sep 17, 2012

Hey guys,

This thread has been cleaned up.  Blacklisting/posting screenshots of PM's is against the Rules of Conduct.  Please stay on topic.

Message 16 of 25 (441 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3414 posts

Sep 17, 2012

I can't pretend to know what game he's working on but if he's involved and there are Socom "elements" involved then I'm definitely putting said game on my radar and I wish them the best success.  Imo we need more unique shooters.  I just hope there's more Socom in it than not.  But, he's got my attention. 

http://www.rmdclan.com/images/sigs/rmd_sig_2011_cigarman.png
Message 17 of 25 (417 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
9232 posts

Sep 18, 2012

S_L_I_C_K wrote:

The man that got the credit for socom 1 and 2 had something interesting to say.

question submited by Ice

Q: What are the chances of you working on a full-fledged either PSN or PS3 Third person tactical SOCOM -like shooter? Prone, No seeing enemies through walls, No health regeneration, Map designed specifically for 1 mode and not symmetrical copy and paste with clutter etc.

A: Chances are 100%. I am working on the design for that right now, in fact. But we should define “full-fledged” first. Our aim is to ship what you are describing and we will eventually achieve that goal. Creating SOCOM I took over three years if memory serves and SOCOM II took less than a year since we had the engine and pipeline in place. We are looking at ways to cut out some years of dev time for our first title because 1) fans deserve a strong tactical military shooter and 2) I really feel like it.

thoughts? 

So, Im not all up david sear's bunghole like everyone else around here, but I can say that I am very excited about this concept.

Message 18 of 25 (357 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
896 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 18, 2012

AeroVayne wrote:

Hey guys,

This thread has been cleaned up.  Blacklisting/posting screenshots of PM's is against the Rules of Conduct.  Please stay on topic.

Message 19 of 25 (347 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1919 posts

Sep 18, 2012

Nobody should be getting too excited yet, he is working on a mobile game, if the game does well they will try to sell it on the PSN...sorry to burst everyones bubble.

Message 20 of 25 (337 Views)
0 Likes