A_P_E_X__KILLER wrote:

MakoShark wrote:

A_P_E_X__KILLER wrote:

S_L_I_C_K wrote:

A_P_E_X__KILLER wrote:

S_L_I_C_K wrote:

Reaper___ wrote:

DirtyExpert wrote:

as I've been saying since late '08 Slant Six's version of this game is by far the dominant interactive shooter game. I think Sony should really take a good long look at the possibilities and invest a little into it.

Some short memories around here.

The engine they based it on was a grab bag of garbage from other games.  On its best day CONFRONTATION could not support a few 16v16 games.  Look at S3/CA running on the lowly PS2?  Twice the game CONFRONTATION was.  On its worst day it still ourperformed CONFRONTATION.

Just like a car, you can have the most beautiful car ever made but if the engine is unreliable and weak, you've got garbage. 

With these online games, the engine is EVERYTHING.  SLANT6's engine is just that, a slant 6 in a world of muscle V8s.  Nowhere to go but out.

From a technical standpoint, /6's effort should go down in software development history as a poster child for everything NOT to do with code.

But,what if they used the engine they used on operation racoon city?  that game ran smooth as hell.

Personally I wouldn't use Slant for toilet paper after what they have done. Why is this even a debate here after what they did to socom? It seems that most of you are not true socom fans. I mean how can you be when you choose a developer who offers us something that can't beat out its predecessor in any way other than graphics?

Or are you saying that mediocrity is the how we are suppose to be now? I want a developer who is great. Who makes great games and I won't accept anything less. If Sony is listening I can only hope they hear these words. Socom has suffered enough. Its time to build socom back for its fans and never again have a developer who just builds for themselves!

I would take the current /6 over socom 1 and 2s zipper every day of the week.  /6 is better than zipper ever pretended to be.  

/6 screwed up a game and spent the next year trying to make its fans happy

zipper screwed up everything they did and couldn't care less about its fans.

the difference is one dev learned from their mistakes and the other never knew or cared if they made mistakes.   Zipper got your money and didn't care what you said, /6 got your money and tried to make it right.  socom con was /6 first console game, it had all kinds of problems, not as many as zippers 3rd attempt but still a good deal of problems.  /6 second game orc ran perfectly.  Now you tell me who is the better dev.

As I've said your not a socom fan if Con and its developer is your choice. Why are you settling for someone who is mediocre at best??????

If you want a current shooter there are plenty on the market. I suggest you play one of them. Leave socom to its true fans!

Who would you have make the game?  Now I don't have a lot of faith in /6, but they at least know and have an idea of what we want.  It wasn't like they swung and missed completely (*cough* Socom 4 *cough*).  And like Slick said they did listen, but it was a bit to late to fix everything.  I would give them a least one chance to get it right.  I think they would give the best chance of getting Socom to be Socom than some other random company.  After all if any other company wanted to make a Socom type game it has been 10 years, at this point they would probably never deliver what the Socom fan base wants.  That's just my opinion  on the matter though.

Look I know this will be another huge debate but we have had this before. Slant was incompetent. They did the same thing Zipper did which is build a game with Seth leading the way to implement new changes to bring in the current shooter group like Cod people. Remember larger than life characters (which took up the whole middle of your screen)? Run button, over the shoulder views. What happened after the beta was a huge uproar from the classic community and Seth and Slant tried to add stuff back into the game like lean etc. Yes it made the game worse and never did work properly. I mentioned this because the actual development wasn't because they listened to us. It was because of this forum!

Like I said Slant sucks and now so does Zipper. Im not sure who else is out there to make a new socom game but I can only hope next time we find someone who build for us and not themselves. Not to mention a game that will run almost perfectly out of the box. I don't accept broken and incomplete games anymore.

Neither should anyone else.

You do realize that /6 made the game from the ground up, including the engine, in under 2 years, right? That's almost unheard of in this day and age considering most game engines take 18-24 months to make by themselves.

SONY forced them to push out a product that was not finished, plain and simple. If /6 had the time to do things right, the game would have been much better. They spent a year trying to go back and fix code which is next to impossible to do through patches.

Their new Hexane engine runs nearly flawless for RE:smileysurprised:RC 

Please use plain text.
Message 41 of 44 (134 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2200 posts

Re: Confrontation=Perfect Platform

Nov 28, 2012

VanilaGorila-x- wrote:

A_P_E_X__KILLER wrote:

xXEXORCISTXx wrote:

A_P_E_X__KILLER wrote:

xXEXORCISTXx wrote:

There are somethings that needs to be fixed with Con but if they would listen to the core community I think they could get it right and give us the original gameplay of socom that we so miss.

They can start with getting rid of those **bleep** clumbsy **bleep** control settings and that **bleep** run button!

Give us the Customizable Rooms.  So we don't have to play Blizzard with nothing but Thermal and tillies.

Game Modes back to the original.  I miss my fat chick in DG!

And apparently there are cheaters again.

So a few tweaks and I think Con could have a shot at being a true socom.  But until then it rates low on my chart.

exorcist you might as well hang it up with Con. There is no way to tweak that game into a classic socom! They have already said that before. Poor programming has always led to the demise of socoms. We just need a new company that can deliver a classic type socom game with all its original content.

Oh yeah for sure I know they aren't going to be able to do anything with Con.  Hell they would have to rebuild the whole game.  But if Can't 6 got another shot at it I think they would be able to pull it off, but again they would need to listen to the Core community and None of the developers have done that. 

I am just a terrorist missin' his fat chick hostage...

Lmao Slant six can't do it again. Sorry but after flopping resident evil they need to do psp gamed only. They have no other talent for a larger console.

You do realize that RE:smileysurprised:RC sold 2.2MM copies right? Had people not listened to the reviews, they would have sold more. The game is actually pretty good and works much better than S:C, 

I was reading an article yesterday that said RE:smileysurprised:RC made it to #16 on Capcons platnium list. Today I read that it's success was scaring RE fans because they think it could change the direction of the series into a squad based mp oriented game.

Please use plain text.
Message 42 of 44 (126 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
16880 posts

Nov 28, 2012

FROST_420 wrote:

VanilaGorila-x- wrote:

A_P_E_X__KILLER wrote:

xXEXORCISTXx wrote:

A_P_E_X__KILLER wrote:

xXEXORCISTXx wrote:

There are somethings that needs to be fixed with Con but if they would listen to the core community I think they could get it right and give us the original gameplay of socom that we so miss.

They can start with getting rid of those **bleep** clumbsy **bleep** control settings and that **bleep** run button!

Give us the Customizable Rooms.  So we don't have to play Blizzard with nothing but Thermal and tillies.

Game Modes back to the original.  I miss my fat chick in DG!

And apparently there are cheaters again.

So a few tweaks and I think Con could have a shot at being a true socom.  But until then it rates low on my chart.

exorcist you might as well hang it up with Con. There is no way to tweak that game into a classic socom! They have already said that before. Poor programming has always led to the demise of socoms. We just need a new company that can deliver a classic type socom game with all its original content.

Oh yeah for sure I know they aren't going to be able to do anything with Con.  Hell they would have to rebuild the whole game.  But if Can't 6 got another shot at it I think they would be able to pull it off, but again they would need to listen to the Core community and None of the developers have done that. 

I am just a terrorist missin' his fat chick hostage...

Lmao Slant six can't do it again. Sorry but after flopping resident evil they need to do psp gamed only. They have no other talent for a larger console.

You do realize that RE:smileysurprised:RC sold 2.2MM copies right? Had people not listened to the reviews, they would have sold more. The game is actually pretty good and works much better than S:C, 

I was reading an article yesterday that said RE:smileysurprised:RC made it to #16 on Capcons platnium list. Today I read that it's success was scaring RE fans because they think it could change the direction of the series into a squad based mp oriented game.

yeah but uh oh read somewhere that it sucked so he has to be right!  people that own the game and played it clearly dont know the first thing about it.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 43 of 44 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2200 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 28, 2012

MISFITmusicINC wrote:

well.. thinking back i did like the zooming. honestly its been so long since i played it I had to think to remember some things.. i took it outta my ps3 when i saw a guy with invisible camo telling the whole room he'll show them how to do it and almost everyone there was practically begging for it. made me sick. cheaters and glitchers that come in serious rooms should have their IP banned permanently. if you tell me the game isnt over-run with cheaters yet ill be downloading the updates tonight. but from the sound of things thats not the case

Ya, the nearly fully customizable controller settings where a breath of fresh air. As for the state of Con, no, everyone is not invisible yet LOL. I do a pretty good job of avoiding the cheaters but that comes from knowing the territory. Also there has been some talk about the servers running smoother and having new security, this seems to be keeping people playing longer. Then there was the announcement from Sony claiming they were going to get serious with hackers. So it has been pretty good lately, just need all the people like you that left due to cheaters to come back and fill the servers again.

DON'T LET THE CHEATERS TAKE SOCOM

Please use plain text.
Message 44 of 44 (117 Views)
0 Likes