Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fender Bender
3804 posts

Re: CS:GO

Jul 25, 2012

BlakkMajik3000 wrote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Baptized_Soviet wrote:
Just my 2 cents here.
Been playing CS 1.6, CSS, and now have the CS GO beta on PC.
For us PC counter strike fans, CS GO is to 1.6 as Socom 4 is to Socom 2.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is just wrong, wrong, wrong, but a comparison I expect from someone that has, admittedly, not played S2 before.

The biggest issues S2 fans had with S4 is that S4 was a completely new game. It was SOCOM in name only, and nothing else.

As such, Valve/HPE would have to do the following for the PC version of CSGO to make this valid:

1. Remove custom servers (S4 was completely dependent on matchmaking, whereas in S2 you could create custom games).

2. Replace the current money system with a weapon progression system (In S2, all guns were unlocked, but S4 introduced the stupid CODified weapons progression system for guns and attachments).

3. Remove demolition from the game, so they can sell it back to you later as DLC (Demo has been a default mode of SOCOM since the beginning, but Zipper decided to remove it in S4 knowing full well they planned on using it to poach more money from us later).

4. Add a cover system to CSGO and also allow you to pre-aim (with full crosshairs).

5. Add ADS for all weapons, and state you don't have to use it, but players will know you're going to get mowed down if you stick with hipfire.

When all 5 of those things are done to CS:GO, then you can say that. I've been following all the feedback on the Steam forum since this beta started (still haven't gotten a key yet grrrrr!), and to be honest, most of the complaints revolve around technical issues. In that sense, the CSGO to CS 1.6 comparison is more applicable to the S2 to Confrontation scenario (which I would not expect you to understand, as you have not played either S2 or Con).

One thing that is definitely true though, is that 1.6 fans and S2 fans are exactly the same. No game, except for a "prettier" version of their preferred title, will ever be enough for them. And even then, they will just complain about the game not being pushed ahead far enough (re: Counter-Strike Condition Zero).

I'm not bashing you personally, but nobody but SOCOM fans even have a clue as to what we've been through these past 10 years. The problems CS 1.6 fans have with GO are problems the SOCOM community can only WISH we had with S4.

Yup

I was wrong CS:GO SUCKS
Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 406 (334 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10109 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 25, 2012

Speaking of CS-GO it looks like there will be a discount for plus putting it at $12, with an additional promotion if you buy other games which look entirely uninteresting.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/07/24/psn-play-pre-order-the-expendables-2-starting-today/

Think my plus subscription will still be up by then going to be hard to pass the game up even as pessimistic as I am about it.

Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 406 (328 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Jul 25, 2012

i recomment getting it for pc rather than ps3 as the mouse and keyboard are better

Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 406 (321 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10109 posts

Jul 25, 2012

MicaelisAurei wrote:

i recomment getting it for pc rather than ps3 as the mouse and keyboard are better

Doubt my laptop could handle it and I don't even have my aging desktop and wont for several months at least.

The console versions suposedly will have mouse support anyways.

Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 406 (319 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Jul 25, 2012

PC VERSION WILL DOMINATE.

Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 406 (317 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
16881 posts

Jul 25, 2012

MicaelisAurei wrote:

who cares?

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 406 (308 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4253 posts

Jul 25, 2012

If I had a good pc I would still use a controller.

Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 406 (306 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
394 posts

Jul 25, 2012

MicaelisAurei wrote:

Pretty much. 

PC version will get patched much faster.  Like many things, it's a double-sided coin.  Yes, PC will get the updates first, but also any other bugs that could come along with it.  Console will have to wait, but at least they don't have to be the guinea pigs.

Also, Steamworks will ensure there's plenty of user created content to mess around with.  I think the PC community will be left to wade through the crap and find the gems (like any other Steamworks game), and I could see Valve releasing a DLC package with the most popular mods at some point, as long as they will "work" within the console architecture.

I initially was going to get it on both PS3 (to play with friends) and PC, but having recently gotten rid of my PS3, looks like it'll be PC only for me. 

I've also become a bit more wary of the console versions in general, as there still has been very little information about what, if any, differences (other than the ones I already mentioned) there will be between the console and PC versions.

Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 406 (304 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3804 posts

Jul 25, 2012

MicaelisAurei wrote:

Couldn't care less. Ill never game on a pc.

I was wrong CS:GO SUCKS
Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 406 (286 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
394 posts

Jul 25, 2012

icEdeMoN_EliTe wrote:

MicaelisAurei wrote:

Couldn't care less. Ill never game on a pc.

Never is a long time.  Any particular reason(s)?

Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 406 (283 Views)
0 Likes