Feb 07 2006
By: mike_1121~ Hekseville Citizen 375 posts

radiata stories rating

6 replies 2 views Edited Feb 7, 2006
i almost bought this game the other day. could i get a few people to rate this game on a 10 point scale please. and also could you guys tell me how it plays. i kinda lean more towards FF X or grandia 2's battle system and less on star ocean's.
Message 1 of 7 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7811 posts

Re: radiata stories rating

Feb 7, 2006

mike_1121 wrote:
i almost bought this game the other day. could i get a few people to rate this game on a 10 point scale please. and also could you guys tell me how it plays. i kinda lean more towards FF X or grandia 2's battle system and less on star ocean's.

Okay, you should've just have tried it. Like I said before, we may like something and then just because we like it, you'll buy it and like it off of our opinions.

Radiata Stories- 9.25 (I freaking Love this game)

I don't know if you'll like it, but I Love it. All I can do is give my opinion.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Message 2 of 7 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
742 posts

Feb 7, 2006
The battle system itself is pretty weak, though it does have some awesome features in the battle system.  The Links are really fun later on in the game, and so are Volty Blasts (though they get old).  But the battle system is pretty clunky feeling, and the controls are wonky.

The rest of the game is great, though.  I would probably give it around an 8.5/10, or somewhere around there.

Message 3 of 7 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
55 posts

Feb 7, 2006
I'll give it a 5. You can't jump in battles. The story is too short. The fun only lies in character collecting and skill sharing. There weren't enough areas and dungeons to explore. It only involves Radiata Kingdom and lands that surround it, not the entire world. True skills are only Volty Blasts and Max Volty Blast (whatever it's called). No sailing whatsoever. No flying. No in-depth characters' story because there are too many characters. Basically you just stick to a ground, walking. The developers never thought of all misfortunes and lucky shots that could happen in life, in other words, possibilities.
Message 4 of 7 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6975 posts

Feb 7, 2006

mike_1121 wrote:

Here's the link to my final thoughts posts: http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=rpg&message.id=275250&view=by_dat...

I wasn't the biggest fan of the game, but that was me, most seemed to enjoy this one. However you should check it out anyway, I always gives loads of gameplay information which includes the battle system.

Message 5 of 7 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2080 posts

Feb 7, 2006
I'll rate this game 7.5/10. Although the game got some humor to it, you can gather over 100 people to join you, there are two endings to depending on what side you take later in the game, and the battle system is ok, I found the game rather too short for my tastes, and the storyline is rather flat.
Message 6 of 7 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
375 posts

Feb 11, 2006

banedraven wrote:

mike_1121 wrote:

Okay, you should've just have tried it. Like I said before, we may like something and then just because we like it, you'll buy it and like it off of our opinions.

Radiata Stories- 9.25 (I freaking Love this game)

I don't know if you'll like it, but I Love it. All I can do is give my opinion.

i am not an automatic fan of a game just because other people like it. i am just trying to get an idea of what this game is like. a lot of people like star ocean til the end of time, kingdom hearts, and digital devil saga but i played each of them and was not impressed. based on the feedback that i received, the game does not sound that bad. thanks, mike
Message 7 of 7 (2 Views)
0 Likes