Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Feb 06 2006
By: vardgesissquall~ I Only Post Everything 1145 posts

legend of dragoon

15 replies 1 views Edited Feb 6, 2006
Did any of yu guys play this game? i think its one of the best RPG's ever that isnt popular.  I wish son made a 2nd one.
Square, Sony, Apple ALL MINE!
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 16 (1 View)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15381 posts

Re: legend of dragoon

Feb 6, 2006

vardgesissquall wrote:
Did any of yu guys play this game? i think its one of the best RPG's ever that isnt popular.  I wish son made a 2nd one.

You and nearly every other RPG lover. My friend loves it; he spent 110 hours on it alone, and he usually doesn't spend a quarter of that time on games.

Message Edited by JDplasma11 on 02-05-200607:52 PM

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 16 (1 View)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1145 posts

Feb 6, 2006

JDplasma11 wrote:

vardgesissquall wrote:

You can nearly every other RPG lover. My friend loves it; he spent 110 hours on it alone, and he usually doesn't spend a quarter of that time on games.

"You can nearly every other RPG lover". what does that mean?
Square, Sony, Apple ALL MINE!
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 16 (1 View)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15381 posts

Feb 6, 2006

vardgesissquall wrote:

JDplasma11 wrote:

vardgesissquall wrote:

You can nearly every other RPG lover. My friend loves it; he spent 110 hours on it alone, and he usually doesn't spend a quarter of that time on games.

"You can nearly every other RPG lover". what does that mean?

Ah, sorry. I meant to say "And". I'll edit that.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 16 (1 View)
0 Likes
Wastelander
672 posts

Feb 6, 2006
the dragoon is good. a sequal would also be nice. ps3 perhaps?
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 16 (1 View)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
405 posts

Feb 6, 2006
Yep that has to be one of the most wanted sequals ever. I cant believe how many people would love to see it happen. But get real, do you honestly believe it will. LOD is my favorite RPG of all time, i like it more than most people can even fathom, but even i can see the sad truth.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 16 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6312 posts

Feb 6, 2006
No kidding. My Nephew just borrowed my copy and beat it. Now he wants to see a sequel too.lol
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 16 (1 View)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3638 posts

Feb 6, 2006

QU wrote:
Yep that has to be one of the most wanted sequals ever. I cant believe how many people would love to see it happen. But get real, do you honestly believe it will. LOD is my favorite RPG of all time, i like it more than most people can even fathom, but even i can see the sad truth.

I am also an extremely huge fan of LoD, and would also extremely love to have a sequel. And to tell you the truth, I can see it happening.

Let's looks at this in retrospect:

Final Fantasy VII was released in Japan on January 31, 1997. FFVII: Advent Children was released in Japan on September 14, 2005. That is over 8 years of a waiting period in between the two.

The Legend of Dragoon was released in Japan on December 2, 1999. It is only the beginning of year 2006. Therefore, it has only been slightly over 6 years since the Japan release of The Legend of Dragoon.

So now as shown, they could make a sequel whenever they want. And with the amount of people posting threads about how much they would love to have a LoD sequel, I wouldn't be surprised if one was made. And to be completely honest, if they made a sequel, I think I will be one of the happiest people alive.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 16 (1 View)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
116 posts

Feb 6, 2006

I'm such a fan of this game

over the years I have bought 3 copies of this game
1st copy - disc 4 had a scratch in it (after the billionth time I played it)
so then I decided I liked it so much it was time to buy another
2nd copy played and played and played
(the playstation2 started getting dre errors) my ps2 finally died (had it since day one)
then the 3rd (can't even remember maybe just to get it)

I can't even begin to speculate how many times I've beaten this game or hours I've played
I literally done everything in it collecting star dust - side quest anything and everything
probably just as much or more time than I've put into any final fantasy game 

it's sad but so much fun dragoon forms are awesome - especially for the time it came out

------
A sequel would be just as big as KH2 or something

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 16 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5401 posts

Feb 6, 2006

The_Game_Guru wrote:

QU wrote:

I am also an extremely huge fan of LoD, and would also extremely love to have a sequel. And to tell you the truth, I can see it happening.

Let's looks at this in retrospect:

Final Fantasy VII was released in Japan on January 31, 1997. FFVII: Advent Children was released in Japan on September 14, 2005. That is over 8 years of a waiting period in between the two.

The Legend of Dragoon was released in Japan on December 2, 1999. It is only the beginning of year 2006. Therefore, it has only been slightly over 6 years since the Japan release of The Legend of Dragoon.

So now as shown, they could make a sequel whenever they want. And with the amount of people posting threads about how much they would love to have a LoD sequel, I wouldn't be surprised if one was made. And to be completely honest, if they made a sequel, I think I will be one of the happiest people alive.

Sure, the time doesn't matter a whole lot (8 year gap in between FFVII and its sequel), but you also need a lot of demand from the fans, which I believe is why Square decided to do the Final Fantasy VII Compilation Project.  I don't know how much people are demanding a sequel to LoD, but either there isn't as much demand as FFVII had, or Sony isn't as ambitious a developer as Square-Enix.

~ Credit to MaggIvy for making me this beautiful sig! Thanks! ~
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 16 (1 View)
0 Likes