Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 25 2006
By: AzwerTheGreat~ Wastelander 887 posts

a question about xenosaga series

2 replies 1 views Edited Mar 25, 2006
can i play xenosaga 2 directly without playing the first one. i am asking this because the game is based upon its story. wont i have story problems while playing the second one.i really want to play and understand it so please answer this
No one lives forever
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 3 (1 View)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
19284 posts

Re: a question about xenosaga series

Mar 25, 2006
You probably should play the first one first. Otherwise, you might not understand a whole lot about the story.
Please do not send me a friend's request without telling me who you are and where I know you from. Thank you.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 3 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6975 posts

Re: a question about xenosaga series

Mar 25, 2006

Azwer The Great wrote:
can i play xenosaga 2 directly without playing the first one. i am asking this because the game is based upon its story. wont i have story problems while playing the second one.i really want to play and understand it so please answer this

Well you can play it without playing the first, but it really is a direct sequel in the absolute sense of it. The exact same returning cast plus one new member and the game will assume you know the events of the first one. IMO it is always better to play the first game in a direct series first. If you could get that DVD that came with Xenosaga 2 when it first came out, that does provide a pretty good background. It reminded me of some stuff I had forgotten. However I can tell you this much: this is Xenosaga. If you are like me you could play the first one and then the second and still not have much of an idea of what is going on. lol And Xenosaga relies heavily on flashbacks to events that occured before Xenosaga 1. So technically you could play it yes, you will be missing out on story, but maybe it wouldn't matter. I know Xeno 2 didn't answer any of the questions I had by the end of 1.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 3 (1 View)
0 Likes