Feb 07 2006
By: banedraven~ Treasure Hunter 7811 posts

Xenosaga III...Abel

12 replies 6 views Edited Feb 7, 2006
This character is Abel, after I did some research. I didn't want to research too deep because of possible spoilers. Anyway, if you go to the official website, you'll learn of this things. Also, here's a link to Abel's profile on the Japanese Website. All you can read is his name, unless you can read Japanese, or if you translate it.
http://namco-ch.net/xenosaga3/character/abel.php

Message Edited by banedraven on 02-08-200601:59 AM

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 13 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
19284 posts

Re: Xenosaga III....can you say.....Fei (or Lacan, Kim...ETC)

Feb 7, 2006
Actually, he would probably be closer to Lacan or Kim Kasim, than Fei. If he changes into Id, that would be cool.

Message Edited by DarkCloudLives on 02-06-200607:48 PM

Please do not send me a friend's request without telling me who you are and where I know you from. Thank you.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 13 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7811 posts

Re: Xenosaga III....can you say.....Fei (or Lacan, Kim...ETC)

Feb 7, 2006

DarkCloudLives wrote:
Actually, he would probably be closer to Lacan or Kim Kasim, than Fei. If he changes into Id, that would be cool.

Message Edited by DarkCloudLives on 02-06-200607:48 PM

Yeah, you know what I mean. But, isn't the rights still with Square-Enix for all Xenogears stuff. Anyway, if they don't use any of "The Contacts" names, we know what it means and the backstories. Id, was born within Fei, not the other guys. Id was Fei's torture, hatred and everything Fei didn't want to deal with. Id shouldn't make an appearance at all! It would be cool though, Id was a bad mofo, but, in the end, he wanted to be Loved. I remember when Karen(Miang) died and hugged Id, and for a brief moment, he felt Love. Matter of fact, I just played that part yesterday. I'm on my way to Deus now....LMAO...well, first, I'm maxing out Fei's/Emerlda(adult) Ether.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 13 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3622 posts

Re: Xenosaga III....can you say.....(Lacan, Kim...ETC...AKA "The Contacts")

Feb 7, 2006
*must keep expectation low*
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 13 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4295 posts

Feb 7, 2006
Holy changing art styles Batman! 
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 13 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5038 posts

Feb 7, 2006
Actually, she was chenged again in Xenosaga III. In the first one she looked like a girl directly coming out from Kiddy Grade, in the second she was...flat. In the third one is like the combination and she looks pretty cool IMO.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 13 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7811 posts

Feb 7, 2006
Must you guys/gals tear down the walls of something good. We know the character models have changed a bunch, but there is no reason to already make a HUGE ordeal of something as small as graphics/character models. I still play FFVII, and they're blocky as hell. With all the tourmoil from the Xeno-Verse, inside and out, it's been a rough ride sense Xenogears. People have their ideas and want to keep it a certain way while others try to change it all-together. Now is the time to support this game because this is the end to something that doesn't come along every decade. My expectation is really high, and I hope everyone doesn't jump on the "hey, lets bash Xenosaga because Monolith-Soft can't get their sh_t on the same page. Tetsuya, I hope you come out with a book one day of this whole damn Xeno........Saga
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 13 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
19284 posts

Feb 7, 2006

banedraven wrote:
Must you guys/gals tear down the walls of something good. We know the character models have changed a bunch, but there is no reason to already make a HUGE ordeal of something as small as graphics/character models. I still play FFVII, and they're blocky as hell. With all the tourmoil from the Xeno-Verse, inside and out, it's been a rough ride sense Xenogears. People have their ideas and want to keep it a certain way while others try to change it all-together. Now is the time to support this game because this is the end to something that doesn't come along every decade. My expectation is really high, and I hope everyone doesn't jump on the "hey, lets bash Xenosaga because Monolith-Soft can't get their sh_t on the same page. Tetsuya, I hope you come out with a book one day of this whole damn Xeno........Saga

To the other guys: We weren't even talking about the graphics guys, we were talking about the little boy that resembles a huge plot point in Xenogears.

Anyways,Xenosaga should have a story mode and a regular mode. Regular mode is going through the game fighting your way through this and that with the story and story mode is no fighting, just playing through sidequests and going through the regular story or you can call it Puzzle mode or something.  Tetsuya has nothing to do with Xenosaga 3. He was fired, let go, quit, something of that sort.

Message Edited by DarkCloudLives on 02-07-200606:30 AM

Please do not send me a friend's request without telling me who you are and where I know you from. Thank you.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 13 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3622 posts

Feb 7, 2006
I'm dissing the game rather just saying I should keep my expectations low cause I got hyphed for the second one and it really let me down.
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 13 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
176 posts

Feb 7, 2006
That boy is Abel. That's what he's called in Xenosaga. It's been released that he has something to do with the Zohar and so forth...

Wow, sounds exactly the same as Xenogears so far.... I'll refresh your guys memorys on abel.

:: SPOILERS :::

Basically, when that intergalatic ship(Eldridge) from earth (or wherever it came) first started to break apart (after Deus took control and sent it through the warp gate or whatever), he was scared and happened to flee to the part of the ship where the Zohar was kept. The Zohar, which was actually a container for a being from another dimension called the wave existence, felt the boy's fear and created the image of the boys mother: Elly. When the ship crashed into the planet Xenogears took place on, the Wave Existence protected both Abel and Elly, hoping that someday Abel (or one of the other contacts that his "soul" goes into) would free him from the Zohar so that he may return to his dimension . At the same time of the crash, Deus created the first humans: Cain and the 13 (or was it 12?) Elders. Thus, the plot of Xenogears was set forth with every generation Abel (who went from Abel, to Kim (Zeboim), to Lacan) and Elly being killed, until Fei broke the chain of events and freed the Zohar (after a loooooooooooooooooooong story and many complicated elements).

I can't remember off the top of my head how Miang and Elly were seperated? Does anyone remember?

So that's basically what happened. I wonder who close Xenosaga 3 will keep to this plot. It seems the entire Xenosaga series is basically a very expanded episode 1 of the Xenogears series. Xenogears has 6 parts to it. Xenogears took place in the 5th story. 1 is the Eldridge. 2 is Abels/Elly/Cain's story. 3 is Kim/Elly/Emerelda's story. 4 is Lacan/Sophia's story. 5 is Fei/Elly's Story. 6 is the aftermath of the planet after the world was basically turned upside down by Fei (none of the gears work anymore besides Xenogears and all of the world's technology depends the energy that Zohar provided. Solaris was destroyed, Deus destroyed like half the world. etc.)

::End Spoiler::

I have the biggest urge to replay through Xenogears again... sigh, if only I had more time.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y167/Stormenmormon/post-23-1080529357.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 13 (6 Views)
0 Likes