Wastelander
742 posts

Re: Worst RPG?

Jan 29, 2006

CloudFFVll7CecilFFlV wrote:
What does everyone have against Xenosaga? I don't really see what is so bad about the game, the only thing that I didn't enjoy about the game was how it started REALLY slow...but once the game really started it was amazing.

Anyways some of the worse RPGs(in no order):
  • Evergrace
  • The Eternal Ring
  • Legaia 2

All terrible games, I really don't know what the developers were thinking when they made the games, especially Evergrace.

I love my little Legaia 2.  No, it doesn't have the best soundtrack or story, but the gameplay is excellent.

Please use plain text.
Message 31 of 44 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4200 posts

Jan 29, 2006

What does everyone have against Xenosaga? I don't really see what is so bad about the game, the only thing that I didn't enjoy about the game was how it started REALLY slow...but once the game really started it was amazing.

• Evergrace
  • The Eternal Ring
  • Legaia 2

All terrible games, I really don't know what the developers were thinking when they made the games, especially Evergrace.

Xenosaga had a HORRIBLE combat system.  Other than that and the feeling that I was watching instead of playing a game were the only things that killed it for me.  It did have a nice customization system tho.

But as you know, a bad combat system ruins a game entirely for me.  I'm one of those rare dudes that cannot play an RPG JUST for the story...
Digikoto is no more... But you can keep up with my blog for the latest and greatest in gaming, music and entertainment editorials...

TSL Blog
Blog RSS Feeds
TSL on Twitter
Please use plain text.
Message 32 of 44 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
742 posts

Jan 29, 2006

Blaq wrote:

• Evergrace
  • The Eternal Ring
  • Legaia 2

Xenosaga had a HORRIBLE combat system.  Other than that and the feeling that I was watching instead of playing a game were the only things that killed it for me.  It did have a nice customization system tho.

But as you know, a bad combat system ruins a game entirely for me.  I'm one of those rare dudes that cannot play an RPG JUST for the story...

I am that way, except with Music.  If an RPG has crappy music, then it can ruin a game for me.

Please use plain text.
Message 33 of 44 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4200 posts

Jan 29, 2006

Seiken_Densetsu wrote:

Blaq wrote:

• Evergrace
  • The Eternal Ring
  • Legaia 2

I am that way, except with Music.  If an RPG has crappy music, then it can ruin a game for me.

Hahahahaha..  Yeah, bad music can get really annoying.  It won't ruin the game, but it will sure have an effect.  I thought DQ8's music was pretty bad.  Lord knows there were some areas that sounded like listening to a seizure.. 
Digikoto is no more... But you can keep up with my blog for the latest and greatest in gaming, music and entertainment editorials...

TSL Blog
Blog RSS Feeds
TSL on Twitter
Please use plain text.
Message 34 of 44 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4306 posts

Jan 29, 2006

Gunner Paine wrote:
for me it was final fantasy x it just sucks

For me, X was more about being disappointed in an FF title than the game being horrible on its own merits. I wondered what happened to the summoned beasts, the over world, the vehicles to control, the cool weapons to find and exploit, and a lot of things to get involved in outside of the story. However, in X, I got a snooze fest, eight or so summoned beasts, no vehicles to control, dull and uninteresting characters, overly predictable plot, forced side quests, and so on. As a stand alone title, I wouldn't give it high marks, but it was a tad better than Xenosaga, and player's choice compared to .hack//infection IMO.

My pick for worst rpg though would go to Saga Frontier with Phantasy Star II (Genesis version) close behind.
Please use plain text.
Message 35 of 44 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5830 posts

Jan 29, 2006
i disagree i liked dq8 music due to the fact it was like all the other dragon warrior games.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

http://www.tmplace.net/
Please use plain text.
Message 36 of 44 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5830 posts

Jan 30, 2006
i hated saga frontier. but ff x with all the character twists at the end no way it was solid.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

http://www.tmplace.net/
Please use plain text.
Message 37 of 44 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1616 posts

Jan 30, 2006

Blaq wrote:

• Evergrace
  • The Eternal Ring
  • Legaia 2

WHA!?!?! I loved the combat system! It was the best part IMO. The combat system needs a bit of getting used to, and the first skills you get aren't the greatest. You just need to give it some time.

The only time that I felt like I was watching the game was in the first 10 hours of the game(where it had 2+ 45 minute cut scenes), after that point the game was excellent.

But I guess that everyone has different tastes.

Please use plain text.
Message 38 of 44 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
45 posts

Jan 30, 2006

Seiken_Densetsu wrote:
I actually loved Unlimited SaGa, and it is one of my favorite RPGs.

Anyways, I think these are the worst RPGs of all-time:

• Tales of Destiny
  • Tales of Symphonia
  • Drakkhen
  • Deadly Towers
  • Villgust
  • Villgust Gaiden
  • Faria
  • Uncharted Waters
  • Kingdom Hearts
  • Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories
  • Dragon Quest VII
  • Final Fantasy X-2

Oh my god it's Seiken!
Although for me my least favorite rpg would have to be.....I have no clue.  Probably Zelda 2: Adventure of Link just because of how agravating that game is.  It's so vague in what you have to do and there's not much to do other than the side scrolling fights.
Please use plain text.
Message 39 of 44 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
742 posts

Feb 4, 2006

WindCat wrote:

Seiken_Densetsu wrote:
I actually loved Unlimited SaGa, and it is one of my favorite RPGs.

Anyways, I think these are the worst RPGs of all-time:

• Tales of Destiny
  • Tales of Symphonia
  • Drakkhen
  • Deadly Towers
  • Villgust
  • Villgust Gaiden
  • Faria
  • Uncharted Waters
  • Kingdom Hearts
  • Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories
  • Dragon Quest VII
  • Final Fantasy X-2

Oh my god it's Seiken!
Although for me my least favorite rpg would have to be.....I have no clue.  Probably Zelda 2: Adventure of Link just because of how agravating that game is.  It's so vague in what you have to do and there's not much to do other than the side scrolling fights.

Oh my gosh, it's WindCat!  :smileytongue:  *Hasn't talked to you for ages*

Anyways, yeah, I hated Adventure of Link, too.

Please use plain text.
Message 40 of 44 (0 Views)
0 Likes