Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Splicer
55 posts

Re: Who thinks here..

Feb 10, 2006

chaynes wrote:

MaggIvy wrote:
The Shadow hearts series needs its own board...

No it doesn't.

No offense, but that decision is not yours to make.
Message 11 of 43 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4200 posts

Feb 10, 2006
Gotta go with Chaynes on this one.

Outside of the recurring "Who loves KH's" and "Who's getting KH2 when it comes out" threads, there are very few threads with a great deal of substance to warrant it's own forum.

Take the Final Fantasy Forum for example.  FF has been around almost 20yrs and still has a forum that get's reduced to threads like "Who's the hottest FF character".  I argue that KH does not have the depth to carry an entire forum full of meaningful discussion for an extended period of time.  There are only 3 KH games in rotation right now that span over about 6yrs or so (If I'm Not Mistaken). 

If a KH forum was made now, we'd see a large interest for the next few months, but it would die out shortly thereafter and be reduced to "What's your favorite Key Blade" threads.  Not that those threads are without merrit, but they do get old when you see them surface for the 20th time. 
Digikoto is no more... But you can keep up with my blog for the latest and greatest in gaming, music and entertainment editorials...

TSL Blog
Blog RSS Feeds
TSL on Twitter
Message 12 of 43 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7744 posts

Feb 10, 2006

chaynes wrote:

Mythrill wrote:
Who thinks here that hey should make a Kingdom Hearts board on the Role Playing board?

No, we don't need a new board for every game. KH on its own board would NOT get enough traffic, it will get a fair bit of posts upon release but so does every other RPG. Dragon Quest VIII when it was released had a lot of posts but did it need it's own board? no it didn't and I like that game a lot. Bring out a few more KH games then maybe but only KH and KHII can be discussed on these boards not the KH: COM.

Well... what about a Square-Enix board

"Can you see your end? Then death be yours!" ~ Brahms
Message 13 of 43 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5420 posts

Feb 10, 2006

Kitaro The Estranged wrote:

chaynes wrote:

MaggIvy wrote:

No it doesn't.

I've said this before, but Chaynes is pretty much a Mod on these boards without the "Mod" title, so it's best not to argue with him.....  What he thinks is most likely what the Mods think as well....

As for the topic, why not just merge KH with the FF board?

Message 14 of 43 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3063 posts

Feb 10, 2006
Imo is 1 if KH becomes a game that comes out with alot of game titles should only be considered to have it's own forum not to mention be exculsive to the PS systems and no other system. I wouldn't make a board on it's own yet until it shows alot of titles for one system.

Messing with me is like playing with death.
Message 15 of 43 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Final Boss
30058 posts

Feb 10, 2006

chaynes wrote:

MaggIvy wrote:

No it doesn't.

No offense but you've been registered 6 days but I've been here for over 5 years so I know what we need and what we don't more than you do thanks.
Formally chaynes...
Message 16 of 43 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Final Boss
30058 posts

Feb 10, 2006

Mythrill wrote:

chaynes wrote:

Mythrill wrote:
Who thinks here that hey should make a Kingdom Hearts board on the Role Playing board?

No, we don't need a new board for every game. KH on its own board would NOT get enough traffic, it will get a fair bit of posts upon release but so does every other RPG. Dragon Quest VIII when it was released had a lot of posts but did it need it's own board? no it didn't and I like that game a lot. Bring out a few more KH games then maybe but only KH and KHII can be discussed on these boards not the KH: COM.

Well... what about a Square-Enix board

These are Sony's forums if you did a SE board, then you would need one for every company and considering the majority of RPG's are SE it's a no they all fit on this board quite nicely. No threads get bumped back 4 to 5 pages in a day. There is not enough for any game or series to warrant its own board.
Formally chaynes...
Message 17 of 43 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5401 posts

Feb 11, 2006

Aeris_Jayle wrote:

chaynes wrote:

MaggIvy wrote:

No it doesn't.

I've said this before, but Chaynes is pretty much a Mod on these boards without the "Mod" title, so it's best not to argue with him.....  What he thinks is most likely what the Mods think as well....

Um, no.

Message Edited by Gunner Yuna on 02-10-200606:43 PM

~ Credit to MaggIvy for making me this beautiful sig! Thanks! ~
Message 18 of 43 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Final Boss
30058 posts

Feb 11, 2006

Aeris_Jayle wrote:

chaynes wrote:

MaggIvy wrote:

No it doesn't.

Simple KH is not FF. It's a separate series and universe not connected with FF other than characters making guest appearances.
Formally chaynes...
Message 19 of 43 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5401 posts

Feb 11, 2006

chaynes wrote:

Aeris_Jayle wrote:

chaynes wrote:

MaggIvy wrote:

No it doesn't.

Simple KH is not FF. It's a separate series and universe not connected with FF other than characters making guest appearances.

Agreed.

~ Credit to MaggIvy for making me this beautiful sig! Thanks! ~
Message 20 of 43 (0 Views)
0 Likes