Search instead for 
Do you mean 
PlayStation MVP
41020 posts

Re: Whats everyone playing?

[ Edited ]
Sep 3, 2012

Hypnoticbrain wrote:
Just got to chapter 4 on LOD this weekend. Who are you gonna use through out the game?

Just outside Lohan right now so I only have access to 4 people right now.  I know who I get though and I'm thinking right now alternating Rose/Meru as primaries (nearly always in) and then just rotating others in for XP as I see fit with maybe Kongol or Albert as the 'main' secondaries.  However, if I recall, Albert's Additions are 'faster' than Lavitz' so I may not be too fond of him.  I like the pace of Lavitz' right now so I may just keep that spot in general rotating to get everyone some time in.

EDIT: Gonna have to adjust to Albert =\  Just got him and can't nail Rod Typhoon down.  I got 3 done with Lavitz before you know what but Albert's speed throws me off now.  Might revert to one of the other 2 to see if I can get a handle on him.

EDIT2: Think I screwed up.  I'm reading about Stardust and that you should have 20 by the end of Disc 1 but I only have 19 and I know I've gotten all the ones in Kazas and I know I had '13' before saving after getting those ones.  I think the one I'm missing is in Bale which occupied right now and I don't think I can revisit any time =\  So there goes my 50 SD play through.

Now Playing: Final Fantasy X HD

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 46 (269 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
225 posts

Sep 5, 2012
I never understood why people switch guys out, there's not enough exp to go around it seems like. The only decent exp earned is boss battles. Random encounter doesn't yield enough exp to me to proficiency grind other then additions.

Anyway I use Albert and Rose. I think meru or Miranda would be smarter then using rose but I just love her as a character.
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 46 (253 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
41020 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 5, 2012

Hypnoticbrain wrote:
I never understood why people switch guys out, there's not enough exp to go around it seems like. The only decent exp earned is boss battles. Random encounter doesn't yield enough exp to me to proficiency grind other then additions.

Anyway I use Albert and Rose. I think meru or Miranda would be smarter then using rose but I just love her as a character.

I've noticed that with LoD.  XP is so low from random battles in this game that it really doesn't seem to matter about keeping other characters in line cause it seems like it'd be too much work cause of how little XP you get.  The only thing worth grinding from random encounters in Addition leveling as you mentioned or trying to raise the Dragoon level of a new character (just nabbed Meru's Dragoon Spirit).

Speaking of Additions, I've come to terms with Albert :smileyvery-happy:  When I played the game when I was a bit younger, I avoided him and certain other character Additions because of the timing involved (kept some people on easier ones) but now I've gotten down his Rod Typhoon so he's been in my party quite a bit.  He's a heavy hitter too.

I've got Dart & Rose at Lv 4 for their Dragoon Spirits and I'm thinking of 'grinding' Haschel and Albert to that point too when I get to the next new area (or could do it now).  I'm thinking I'll wait for Shana to be 'traded' out before I focus on her leveling and Meru needs to be brought up to speed as well.

EDIT: One of the things I hate about LoD is the 32 item limit, which includes duplicate of items in the count :smileyindifferent:  Sucks so much especially when you have a weapon/armor/accessory inventory of 255.  I just hate coming across an item box and wondering if I should scrap something to make room for an item and then finding out I don't have any Mind/Body Purifiers in the field when I'm struck with Poison/Fear.  Really poor design choice IMO.

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 46 (245 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3979 posts

Sep 5, 2012

I've been playing Persona 4 since I picked up my pre-ordered copy of Arena on the day of its release.  I have a b/c ps3, but I decided to use my ps2 for a 100% authentic experience.  It has been quite some time since I've played anything on my ps2, so it's almost like taking a trip back in time...to 2008(whatever, it's still awesome).  Anyways, I'm about 55 hours in, and have just finished the summer break. 

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 46 (238 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
8477 posts

Sep 6, 2012
plowing through Atelier Totori right now :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 46 (232 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11161 posts

Sep 6, 2012

tross88 wrote:.  Anyways, I'm about 55 hours in, and have just finished the summer break. 

I wish it was November so I can get the Persona 4 Golden on my Vita. Unfortunately I was unable to get Persona 4 on the PS 2. Just beat Persona 3 Portable the other night. :smileyvery-happy: Awesomely fun game. I hope P 4 is more of the same awesomeness.

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 46 (226 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2545 posts

Sep 6, 2012

right now I'm playing ME3 on hard and then insanity.

"I'm not a failure because I didn't win, I'm a failure because I didn't try." - Kev

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 46 (222 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
41020 posts

Sep 6, 2012

Not even mad anymore :smileyvery-happy:  Was looking at when I could get Kongol's Dragoon Spirit and saw that you could get it as early as Disc 2 by going back to an area from Disc 1 which I thought was strange but sure enough, I made my way back and Bale was open so I got that Stardust I was missing :smileyhappy:  Now I'm sure I'll be able to get all 50 + I have a Dragoon Spirit now for all my characters.

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 46 (212 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
225 posts

Sep 7, 2012
Do you need help getting 100% galactic readiness?
Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 46 (209 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3979 posts

Sep 7, 2012

PapaWarlock wrote:

tross88 wrote:.  Anyways, I'm about 55 hours in, and have just finished the summer break. 

I wish it was November so I can get the Persona 4 Golden on my Vita. Unfortunately I was unable to get Persona 4 on the PS 2. Just beat Persona 3 Portable the other night. :smileyvery-happy: Awesomely fun game. I hope P 4 is more of the same awesomeness.

Well, if you liked P3P, then you should like P4 too.  It looks like Persona 4 Golden is more than just an enhanced port with extra content.  It looks like the graphics have been redone too.  I guess P4G will be an incentive to pick up a Vita at some point, though I can't really afford one at this point, so I'll have to hold off for now.

As far as progress in the original P4 goes, I'm just over 65 hours in now, and have passed the secret lab.  Awsome story about the sub-boss in the game world though.  It was a hand that summoned another hand that was weak against wind.  Yosuke hit the summoned enemy's weakness on the first turn, and then Chie was actually able to step in and take out the sub-boss with Galactic Punt.  That had to have been some kind of glitch, because there's no way that should have happened, but it did.:smileyvery-happy:  Talk about the quickest and easiest boss fight ever. 

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 46 (204 Views)
0 Likes