PlayStation MVP
33293 posts

Re: What's the Defining RPG of the PS3?

Mar 20, 2013

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

Fallout 3!

NO not Fallout New Vegas, sorry :smileytongue:

if they took the story and atmosphere of FO3 and combind it with the gameplay and open-worldness of NV they would have something awesome.

Message 21 of 28 (126 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1468 posts

Mar 20, 2013
Kingdoms of Amular.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 22 of 28 (126 Views)
First Son
29 posts

Mar 20, 2013

JRPG: valkyria chronicles for its unique blend of turn based, strategy based and real time gameplay elements.

FF13: I am reminded of how well the game developed each and every main character. Not since FF6 have I seen this in the FF series. Unfortunately, the main story was weak and Barthandelus wasn’t a memorable antagonist.

RPG: Fallout 3 and mass effect 2.

Message 23 of 28 (120 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
50360 posts

Mar 20, 2013

the_original_se wrote:

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

Fallout 3!

NO not Fallout New Vegas, sorry :smileytongue:

if they took the story and atmosphere of FO3 and combind it with the gameplay and open-worldness of NV they would have something awesome.

Yes they would.  The new vegas story was just bleh but the few new gameplay things were cool.  

Message 24 of 28 (111 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
11881 posts

Mar 21, 2013

I really enjoyed Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch. I can’t say the same for very many other role-playing games this generation.

Twitter: @Sweet13Poison | YouTube: Sweetest13Poison | Twitch: Sweet13Poison

Message 25 of 28 (103 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11212 posts

Mar 21, 2013

Jag_Stilvecchio wrote:

Okay wow, had not heard of Ni No Kuni until your responses. I just checked out the game on Amazon and I'm very excited to learn that it's developed by Level-5 - one of my favorite RPG developers from the PS2 days. 

I'll definitely be ordering the game soon and look forward to playing it.

How could you miss this gem? It is the defining RPG of the generation. My review is stickied to the front page of the RPG forum :smileyvery-happy: It's a mixture of Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, Pokemon and the Tales series. It is about as perfect a JRPG as you can find today. Especially on the PS 3.

Message 26 of 28 (87 Views)
PlayStation MVP
8173 posts

Mar 22, 2013

PapaWarlock wrote:

Jag_Stilvecchio wrote:

Okay wow, had not heard of Ni No Kuni until your responses. I just checked out the game on Amazon and I'm very excited to learn that it's developed by Level-5 - one of my favorite RPG developers from the PS2 days. 

I'll definitely be ordering the game soon and look forward to playing it.

How could you miss this gem? It is the defining RPG of the generation. My review is stickied to the front page of the RPG forum :smileyvery-happy: It's a mixture of Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, Pokemon and the Tales series. It is about as perfect a JRPG as you can find today. Especially on the PS 3.

Apparently I've been living under a rock. I'm reading your review and this game sounds like exactly what I've been looking for. I'm definitely buying it after I wrap up Mass Effect 3. 

Message 27 of 28 (82 Views)
Survivor
2844 posts

Mar 23, 2013

Defining RPG for PS3:   FFX HD  

lol.... :*(

Message 28 of 28 (64 Views)
0 Likes