PlayStation MVP
11419 posts

Re: What's Your Latest RPG?

Jul 25, 2012

As far as controllers go, I think the 360's controller is a much improved counterpart to its former model. Being easier to hold and memorize its button layout, the grooved back buttons is a nice idea. The d-pad is still a pain and the battery life obviously is annoying when you have to stop playing and change them every so often, but overall I'd say it's good controller.

Lost Odyssey, however, is one of the generation's early RPG titles that I only considered for a passing second. Looking at the game in video footage back then, the story sounded kind of interesting. The art style looked really bland though, and the way characters talked in the footage also filled my thoughts with dreariness.

I'm not sure you'd call it turn-based or semi-turn-based, but my favorite RPG from this generation is Eternal Sonata. In a much different way, this is an RPG brimming with life all around it. You can't step one foot in this world without being inspired. It's such a remarkable game, deserving a chest full of medals.

Star Ocean: The Last Hope is the only RPG I've played on that list, though. It too is fully worth exploring. The characters are all lovable and grow on you. It's like watching a soap opera, the more you see the scenes inside and outside of the ship. Some will even having you rolling in the aisles due to laughter. :smileyhappy:

Message 21 of 84 (475 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7540 posts

Aug 3, 2012

Just picked up my copy of Kingdoms of Amalur.  Been playing Skyrim since it's release date, so I'm ready for a new one.  So far, I really like it, although it takes a bit of getting used to after the hours put in on Skyrim.

Message 22 of 84 (445 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
305 posts

Aug 4, 2012

Really looking forward to trying Rainbow Moon, and the "Studio Ghibli" RPG ;P 

Message 23 of 84 (441 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2416 posts

Oct 2, 2012

Darksiders II.png

Message 24 of 84 (409 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
66 posts

Oct 7, 2012
Playing Dragon's Dogma, which is absolutely amazing. Has to be the ballsiest game of the year.
Message 25 of 84 (372 Views)
Wastelander
778 posts

Oct 8, 2012

RAW: Realms of Ancient Wars
Not the best game ever, but not nearly as bad as the online reviews say it is.

"Stupidity is a disease, and we have an epidemic on our hands"

Get Your Portable ID!
Message 26 of 84 (364 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2416 posts

Dec 23, 2012

Hikaru_Kazushime wrote:
Playing Dragon's Dogma, which is absolutely amazing. Has to be the ballsiest game of the year.

Soon as a Game of the Year edition comes out for Dragon's Dogma I am definitely going to get it.  It looks like a really cool game and I see that there's tons of dlc out for it as well as more dlc still planned for it. :smileyhappy:

Message 27 of 84 (292 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6613 posts

Dec 25, 2012
Tales of the Abyss is my current RPG. I just started up my second playthrough. Looking forward to playing the side quests that I missed the first time around!
Message 28 of 84 (263 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1582 posts

Dec 25, 2012
Working on Final Fantasy VII right now! Incredible game!
Message 29 of 84 (261 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4292 posts

Dec 29, 2012
I'm switching between Dragon's Dogma and Dragon Age Origins right now. Last time I didn't really enjoy DA:smileysurprised: because of the problems, but this time I don't get annoyed as much. Still, not really one of my favorite games. I'm considering buying Dragon Age 2, but only because I can't really find any fun RPG's, sadly. Dragon's Dogma is one of the best €60,- I spend this year for sure.
Message 30 of 84 (226 Views)
0 Likes