Feb 17, 2010

Meant DJ,..sorry about that.

Message 21 of 27 (1 View)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
293 posts

Re: WKC not living up to my expectation :-(

Feb 17, 2010

Well there seems to be two schools of thought here.  One is that co-op hurts the single player story, and the other I believe helps it.  Well ofcourse co-op hurts a single player story, it's not single player anymore, but if you played the game then you know that the co-op is seperate from the single player.  The single player is it's own entity, and I don't believe that the online developement took away resources that were available to produce a decent single player.  The game was in developement for 4 years, they could have made a single player RPG as good as FFXIII or Star Ocean.  I think that the ball was dropped in another way there.

And the story isn't bad.  It's not great, but I have this feeling like it will get alot better down the road.  There are weak parts, suchas the characters and the lore, but the basis for the knights and the long dredged history of the world is fascinating.  I have so many questions about the history and lore regarding the races and the cities as well as the construction of the knights.  Does anyone else care?  The best part is these "holes" in the story are set to be filled in the next installments of the game.

The co-op was not at all meant to add to the single player but to the overall game experience.  After playing Valkeria Chronicles everyone ranted about multiplayer.  How do you add DLC to a single player RPG?  Add more levels?  The story is over! What does adding sidequests do?  So they have online co-op to give the up coming DLC, which EVERYONE demands everytime a game is released, some subtle meaning.

My webseries about the accomplishing 40 trad climbing routes, The Road to SPI
Message 22 of 27 (1 View)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
108 posts

Feb 17, 2010
to me the game is just to boring done and aced all the quest but still have to put hour after hour to lvl up your guild rank to unlock new ones then hour after hour doing the same crap over it is just to boring doing the same crap over and over
Message 23 of 27 (1 View)
0 Likes
Survivor
2973 posts

Feb 17, 2010

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PylJCifgbZM

Missing this aspect in the curret RPG era

Message 24 of 27 (1 View)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3638 posts

Feb 17, 2010

KAngermann wrote:

Meant DJ,..sorry about that.

I use the same font everyone else uses. You were right the first time, you meant Dre, lol.

Message 25 of 27 (1 View)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2551 posts

Feb 19, 2010
Jees,..I can't get anything right,..cept the system I own
Message 26 of 27 (1 View)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Survivor
2973 posts

Aug 24, 2010

I feel WK2 will suck as much as the first one did, maybe even more.

Message 27 of 27 (1 View)
0 Likes