Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
11 posts

Re: Valkyria Chronicles Progress Thread

Dec 13, 2008
I'm currently on the 2nd battle mission in Chapter 15 I was really close to completing it but lost and forgot to save so Now I have to do it again but it's an awesome game and one of the best I've played all year.
Message 121 of 200 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1726 posts

Dec 13, 2008

easyaspie00 wrote:

***SPOILERS***

Welp, I just passed the game, and I must say, this game is awesome. I managed to win the final battle against Maximillion in 3 turns! It was suprisingly easy. And then the end, with Welkin and Alicia on the burning Marmota, was a great scene. I knew they were going to get out of their alive somehow, but I wasn't expecting Leon (who still had his eyes closed) to fly in with the Plane. What a great way to end the game, though I would have liked to see the reaction of the Squad when they saw Welkin and Alicia. And they cutscene aafterwards with Welkin, Alicia, and little Isara, that was so awesome!!!

Ah, I love this game! =]

The first time I did the last battle I was somehow confused on what the objective was and lost. Also did anyone else move the Edelweiss away from the walls near the home base? I ask because that seems suicidal to do.

Message 122 of 200 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1963 posts

Dec 14, 2008

I am now in Chapter 14. About to do the second battle of Naggiar.  Really loving the game so far.  Also just finished Rosie's report.

*Spoilers*

The game is kind of screwed up on the timing of Rosie's report.  Her report does not unlock until you finish Chapter 13. Which is the first battle of Naggiar. However, if you watch the first cut scene in Rosie's report, it talks about taking a short rest before heading off to Naggiar.  And I guess that makes sense as Rosie's report is actually placed in the book between Chapter 12 and 13. You would think her report would unlock after you finish Chapter 12, not 13.

But that is a really minor gripe. And not that I am really complaining, just kind of strange they had it out of order like that.

Message 123 of 200 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
169 posts

Dec 15, 2008

Hobbun wrote:

The game is kind of screwed up on the timing of Rosie's report.  Her report does not unlock until you finish Chapter 13. Which is the first battle of Naggiar. However, if you watch the first cut scene in Rosie's report, it talks about taking a short rest before heading off to Naggiar.  And I guess that makes sense as Rosie's report is actually placed in the book between Chapter 12 and 13. You would think her report would unlock after you finish Chapter 12, not 13.

But that is a really minor gripe. And not that I am really complaining, just kind of strange they had it out of order like that.

I'm only on chapter 10, but I think you can explain that as a delay in publication. After all, the "reports" are published some time after they are written up, unlike the chapters of the book which are chronological. Not that I don't agree with you that it seems out of place, just that there might be a legit reason. 

Message 124 of 200 (9 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Dec 15, 2008
I just picked up this game this weekend but I'm having trouble understanding how potentials work.  I leveled up most of my classes to level 3 and the drill instructor tells me "You've unlocked a new potential in your Scouts", but he doesn't tell me what the potential is, and when I look at my Scouts' stats it doesn't seem to show any new potentials listed.  I'm a bit confused how this all works, can someone explain to me how earning potentials works and where I can see these new potentials?  Does the whole class get a new potential?
Message 125 of 200 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1963 posts

Dec 15, 2008

There are two different types of potentials. Battle potentials and personal potentials. When the drill instructor tells you that you have unlocked a new potential, that is a battle one through leveling your class. The easiest way to see who got a new potential is to see which characters have been updated. When you leave Headquarters, it should tell you that your Personal Tab has been updated. Then you can go into that and see which characters have "new" next to them. Those are the ones who should have a new potential. What they get is dependent on the character.

The best way to test it is before you level a class, look at at least one character from that specific class and see what their battle potentials are. And when you level and they do get a new battle potential from leveling, go back in afterwards and see which one is new. That is the easiest way to find out.

Message 126 of 200 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
83 posts

Dec 22, 2008

I have yet to complete level 11, but to make the results worth while (not saying what they are because it would be a spoiler), but anyway I have now trained all my troops to lvl 20! WOOT! all their class potentials and training ground orders are unlocked, and I love aiming for weak spots.

Also, I have 4 out of the 5 hidden characters unlocked.  

***HIDDEN CHARACTER LIST SPOILER***

Those character are:

Lynn: Shocktrooper

Emile: Sniper (Almost as good as Mariana)

Knute: Engineer

Audery: Lancer (one of my 3 favorite lancers outside of Largo)

All I have left is Mussad (Scout).

I think the hardest part of training them up, besides accumulating all the experience, is figuring out which weapons work best. The imp weapons sux for the most part, while the early royal weapons and effect bullet weapons are not that great either. Here is what I do...

Scouts: Gallian-SXX with Rangrizer MX grenade launcher

Shocktroopers: Mags MXX and FoG XX flame thrower (one of the few exceptions I make to effect weapons) for those shocktroopers with the double action potential or in Lynn's case, Hardworker. For those without said potential, I assign the same flame thrower but for the firearm, the T-MAG XX as it has more rounds in the clip.

Lancers: Theimer MXX

Engineers: Gallian-AXX

Snipers: Mariana gets the GSR-XXR or GSR-X while others I just stick with the GSR-XX 

Message Edited by JM_Yoda on 12-22-2008 04:09 PM
"Don't beg for things, do it yourself, or else you won't get anything." Eureka Seven

Me on DA.

My Fan Fic: Jedi Reloaded.

Message 127 of 200 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
443 posts

Dec 23, 2008
Okay I just got the game today. I'm on Chapter 3 I believe. All my guys are level 2 or 3. And I must say I love the customizablity. Just the little things like when picking your squad. At first I just chose all the hot chicks. And one of them because she was a lesbian. (In her info it said favors women lawls.) I really like how everything is presented and it's challenging and yet keeps drawing you back for more. I swear I died like 5 times on one of the verry begining missions, the one where you first get the tank, because Alicia kept dieing. But it's far excededed my expectations from just playing the demo to going to real deal.
Message Edited by Demidom on 12-22-2008 10:55 PM
Message 128 of 200 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
443 posts

Dec 23, 2008

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r243/sincanister/IMG_0243.jpg

this cracked me and my brother up the first time I saw it.

inspiration for my signature. 

Message 129 of 200 (9 Views)
Splicer
83 posts

Dec 23, 2008
The English VA for the Drill Sergeant was a good pick, but I still think R. Lee Ermey would have been a better pick.
"Don't beg for things, do it yourself, or else you won't get anything." Eureka Seven

Me on DA.

My Fan Fic: Jedi Reloaded.

Message 130 of 200 (9 Views)
0 Likes