Feb 23 2006
By: banedraven~ Treasure Hunter 7811 posts

U.M.N Mode And Other Games With Similar Modes

9 replies 1 views Edited Feb 23, 2006
I Love games that have a database of some sort. Like in Xenosaga, the U.M.N Mode is a great way to get a fixture on the Xeno-Verse. It has detailed information of every new important term, with references to other things. Star Ocean: TTEOT had the same thing, as well as Tales Of Symphonia, and Tales Of Legendia. Xenosaga III is bringing the feature back with much better/newer things.

Do you guys/gals Love this type of feature in your RPGS?
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Message 1 of 10 (1 View)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1624 posts

Re: U.M.N Mode And Other Games With Similar Modes

Feb 23, 2006
hehehe.... I certainly enjoyed this feature and missed it quite a lot in Xeno II. I must say although SO 3 the game was pure cr*p to me, its database was definitely fun to read. All the intended humors from the game seem to be there heh.
Message 2 of 10 (1 View)
0 Likes
Wastelander
742 posts

Feb 23, 2006
Even though I thought Xenosaga Episode I was pretty crappy, I still liked that feature.  I love Star Ocean 3, and the Encyclopedia and everything was awesome, because I learned so much about the Star Ocean and Valkyrie Profile series.

Message 3 of 10 (1 View)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1624 posts

Feb 23, 2006
hahaha... seems we are on the opposite ends, Seiken_Densetsu. Xeno is my fav. series of all time while SO 3 almost bored me to death.
Message 4 of 10 (1 View)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
19284 posts

Feb 23, 2006

Xin wrote:
hahaha... seems we are on the opposite ends, Seiken_Densetsu. Xeno is my fav. series of all time while SO 3 almost bored me to death.

I think they are both pretty horrible. Xeno has a great story, but lacks the gameplay to back it up and SO3 made a mockery of SO2 and SO1 and was boring.
Please do not send me a friend's request without telling me who you are and where I know you from. Thank you.

Message 5 of 10 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7811 posts

Feb 24, 2006

DarkCloudLives wrote:

Xin wrote:

I think they are both pretty horrible. Xeno has a great story, but lacks the gameplay to back it up and SO3 made a mockery of SO2 and SO1 and was boring.

I Love the Xenosaga games, but I'm a Xeno-Fan so I'm automatically biased! I really enjoyed SO3...had allot better soundtrack than I would have guessed.
Message 6 of 10 (1 View)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
8485 posts

Feb 24, 2006
Those one time only items piss me off, with the UMN thing at least you're sure that you can get the items that you missed later.
Message 7 of 10 (1 View)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1831 posts

Feb 24, 2006

kknd wrote:
Those one time only items piss me off, with the UMN thing at least you're sure that you can get the items that you missed later.

i agree... except they kind of had to put in that feature bc of the decoder/red doors.....

star ocean also does a good job with this with the transporter in gemity....

i love these systems in games, but it doesnt make or break a game for me. sure i would love it in most of my games, but sometimes when you dont have it and you miss something, you can playthrough the game again to get everything! thats why im playing ff10 again!

Message 8 of 10 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7811 posts

Feb 25, 2006

blitz ace wrote:

kknd wrote:

i agree... except they kind of had to put in that feature bc of the decoder/red doors.....

i love these systems in games, but it doesnt make or break a game for me. sure i would love it in most of my games, but sometimes when you dont have it and you miss something, you can playthrough the game again to get everything! thats why im playing ff10 again!

What did you miss in Final Fantasy X in the first play through. I'm serious.
Message 9 of 10 (1 View)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1831 posts

Feb 25, 2006

banedraven wrote:

blitz ace wrote:

kknd wrote:

What did you miss in Final Fantasy X in the first play through. I'm serious.

al bhed primers
also i only played through the game using 3 people, and thats it. so i wanted to play through the game again with everyone and get the al bhed primers i missed that i couldnt get after passing them up

was your post meant to make me look like a bad rpger or something? geez..... it was only my second rpg
Message 10 of 10 (1 View)
0 Likes