Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Aug 29 2012
By: Sir-Climhazzard PlayStation MVP 7204 posts

Trophy Guide for Role-Playing Games - Come Participate!

5 replies 107 views Edited Aug 29, 2012

Hello everyone,

As part of the continuing effort to make the RPG board not only a main source for abundant gamer-to-gamer discussions, but also a one-stop-shop for knowledge, tips and guides for your favorite RPG games - I am proposing that we all pool our efforts and create a trophy guide for the RPG PlayStation games that are trophy-enabled on the PlayStation Network.

What I'd like is for you to write up a trophy guide for your favorite RPG(s), and send it (or them) to me via private message.

Ideally we should keep the guides consistent and uniform to make the master trophy guide as easy to use and read as possible. Please use the guide below as a template for how to format your guide:

Game Title:

Platinum Trophies:

• Trophy Name 1, Difficulty to obtain 5/5

General one-sentence description of the trophy.

In-depth tips on how to obtain the trophy, using personal experiences as an example to help others more easily achieve the goal.

Gold Trophies:

• Trophy Name 1, Difficulty to obtain 3/5

In-depth tips on how to obtain the trophy, using personal experiences as an example to help others more easily achieve the goal.

• Trophy Name 2, Difficulty to obtain 4/5

etc

Silver Trophies:

• Trophy Name 1, Difficulty to obtain 3/5

• Trophy Name 2, Difficulty to obtain 1/5

etc

Bronze Trophies:

• Trophy Name 1, Difficulty to obtain 2/5

• Trophy Name 2, Difficulty to obtain 1/5

etc

You may want to include images in your guide. Images are always a welcome addition to a guide because they provide a visual reference for your text. Just include the images as attachments in your private message to me or include links to the images you wish to include in your guide. Also, as you can probably see in the template above. Not only should you list a short description of how each trophy is obtained (example: Trophy obtained by obtaining all summons in the game), but you should follow each general description with how you specifically obtained the trophy. What makes the trophy difficult to obtain? What tips can you offer to your fellow gamers to save them time and frustration? Remember to be as objective as possible. What may have been an easy trophy for you, might be incredibly difficult for someone else. We have gamers of all types, ages and difficulty ranges here, and we want the guides to useful to everyone - so keep this in mind when you are writing your guide. Write about any and all specific obstacles that could prevent someone from obtaining each trophy, and follow that with the solution(s) to those obstacles.

Once we get a number of trophy guides for RPG games submitted, I will set-up a table of contents thread that has a spreadsheet of the trophy guides with links to the individual threads for each guide and of course you will be listed in the adjacent column of the spreadsheet as the author for that particular guide.

If you would like to participate, here are the steps to take:

1. Choose the RPG game/games you wish to write a trophy guide for.
  2. Reply to this message stating which guide you will write a trophy guide for. (we can have multiple trophy guides for the same game, so don't feel as though someone has "taken" your game).
  3. Using your own knowledge and experience of the game and, if necessary, game guides or other media as a reference, write the trophy guide for the game using the general template shown above. I highly recommend that you type your guide in a word processing application so you may save your work periodically to avoid losing everything should you accidentally have an internet fail while attempting to type it all to me in a private message window box. Save often!
  4. Once you feel that your guide is complete, review it for grammatical and spelling errors. Re-read it and make sure it will make sense to your fellow gamers.
  5. If you feel there are images that will benefit in the explanation of all/certain trophies, gather those images to include in your private message to me.
  6. Copy and paste the guide you have typed into a private message to me. If you are including photos, please be sure to include the URL links to those images or attach them to the private message if they are not huge files.
  7. I will review the guide for clarity and quality and determine if anything needs to be re-written or re-addressed.
  8. Once everything looks good, I will post your game's trophy guide here on the boards with your name as the author.
  9. Once we have numerous trophy guides, we will compile them into a table on one thread so everyone can have easy access to it in the future.

Why participate, you ask?

• This is a great opportunity for you to share your RPG knowledge with your fellow gamers.
  • You will receive 100% credit for the guides that you write and submit to the trophy guide.
  • The trophy guide, if enough people participate successfully, will be floated/stickied to the top of the Role Playing General board for all of us to reference in the future.
  • There really is no online trophy guide for PlayStation RPG games that is easy to use and full of great information, and we can change that right here on the PlayStation community, with your help!

Important:

Please understand that for the purposes of this project, the content you submit should be original. You should be writing the trophy guide yourself, not copying it from another website or a printed book or anything that you do not own rights to. We are not making a trophy guide of stolen content, we want original - you can do better than those published guides out there anyway (after all, you are the ones playing the games on a daily basis :smileywink: ). If you have previously written a trophy guide for an RPG game on another website or here on the forums in another thread and would like it to be included in this project, that is fine, so long as it is your own original content.

This particular trophy guide will be only for RPG games. While I do encourage you all to write trophy guides for any and all of your favorite PlayStation games and post them on the appropriate board here on the forums, please keep submissions for this particular trophy guide to RPG games only.

I look forward to hearing back from you all soon with some trophy guides! Please reply with any questions/concerns, and thank you!

Message 1 of 6 (107 Views)
PlayStation MVP
7204 posts

Re: Trophy Guide for Role-Playing Games - Come Participate!

Sep 3, 2012

Come on, folks! Anyone interested in getting this project going? I've started you all off with a guide for Final Fantasy XIII trophies. Check it out. 

Message 2 of 6 (83 Views)
Fender Bender
4713 posts

Sep 4, 2012

No offense, but it seems like a pointless endaevor since we have sites like PS3Trophies.org. They already have guides in how to get trophies in pretty much every game that has trophies.

Message 3 of 6 (77 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7204 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 4, 2012

The point of the project is to get a trophy guide for games using our own personal experiences. Many of us here on the forums know way more about the games than the people who write some of those guides. Many of those guides are brief and barely give any information about how to specifically obtain the trophies. They may tell you a brief description on the trophy but oftentimes they do not elaborate or give any pointers or tips. 

Additionally, as stated in numerous topics prior to this one - we are trying to engage the PlayStation community and get everyone to participate in more events, share knowledge with one another and make the forums a one-stop-shop for as much PlayStation related information as possible so we don't have to go to random third-party websites to obtain trophy information. As we are not going to steal other people's guides and just paste them here on the forums, such is the reason for opening this project. There is always room for improvement. Just because a guide is already on the internet somewhere does not mean a duplicate, better version, should not be attempted. 

Message 4 of 6 (75 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
6419 posts

Sep 4, 2012
How would it all work, I mean not all games have there own section, won`t there be alot of guides, that could make it hard to find what your looking for?

Either way, I will help if you need it, just let me know what games and stuff you need help with.
Message 5 of 6 (69 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7204 posts

Sep 6, 2012

This will be for RPG games only - and I will start a floated/sticky thread that has a table in it with links to each individual trophy guide. You can write a trophy guide for any RPG you want! Take a look at the one I did for FFXIII as an example.

Message 6 of 6 (58 Views)
0 Likes