Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 03 2006
By: Jothom Fender Bender 3028 posts

Tales of Legendia question

1 replies 2 views Edited Mar 3, 2006
Okay, I looked around and I didn't notice anything about Tales of Legendia. Granted I didn't look too hard, but here we are.

I just won it from Namco-Bandai and I'm wondering if I should be excited to be waiting to get it in the mail, or if it's just a ho-hum game that I'll play for two hours and then put down.

Perhaps a bit of background on my RPG tastes:

I grew up on Final Fantasy and Dragon Warrior/Dragon Quest. I play FFXI regularly. I've gotten halfway through Unlimited SaGa. I've played a bit of Dark Cloud and enjoyed it (I had borrowed that one). King's Field has always ranked high up there with me, as I've played and/or owned every one that has come out here in the States.

I could go further, but I don't want to abandon my ultimate question:

Is Tales of Legendia a good game?
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

My Japanese name 川添 Kawazoe (riverside) 海斗 Kaito (big dipper of the ocean)
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 2 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
20786 posts

Re: Tales of Legendia question

Mar 3, 2006

Jothom wrote:
Okay, I looked around and I didn't notice anything about Tales of Legendia. Granted I didn't look too hard, but here we are.

I just won it from Namco-Bandai and I'm wondering if I should be excited to be waiting to get it in the mail, or if it's just a ho-hum game that I'll play for two hours and then put down.

Perhaps a bit of background on my RPG tastes:

I grew up on Final Fantasy and Dragon Warrior/Dragon Quest. I play FFXI regularly. I've gotten halfway through Unlimited SaGa. I've played a bit of Dark Cloud and enjoyed it (I had borrowed that one). King's Field has always ranked high up there with me, as I've played and/or owned every one that has come out here in the States.

I could go further, but I don't want to abandon my ultimate question:

Is Tales of Legendia a good game?

I'm enjoying myself with Tales of Legendia. It's got some pretty annoying setbacks, like its set camera, its heavy focus on dungeon crawling, and its hit or miss battle system (most parts of it are interesting, although there's no really great characters to play as - I also thought Symphonia's system was far more involving and worthwhile), but it is keeping me entertained. As a Tales game, there are better ones out there, but it's not something I'm ashamed to have in my collection.

Since you're pretty well rounded in terms of RPG styles, the fact that Tales of Legendia is an action RPG won't be an immediate turn off.

Congratulations on winning it by the way!

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 2 (2 Views)
0 Likes