Feb 08 2006
By: Sky_Dragon~ First Son 31 posts

Tales of Legendia, is it worth it? *Small Spoilers*

4 replies 5 views Edited Feb 8, 2006
I'm in need of a new Role Playing Game. I've played Tales of Syphonia for the Nintendo Gamecube and I am planning to get Tales of Phantasia for the Gameboy Advance, but I was wondering: Is this game any good? If you have it, can you awnser these questions?

1. How long is this game without sidequests?
  2. How long is this game with sidequests?
  3. Does this game use the same battle system as Tales of Symphonia?
  4. Should I buy it?

Thanks.

From http://www.rpg-icons.com/frames.htmlFrom http://www.rpg-icons.com/frames.html
Message 1 of 5 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6314 posts

Re: Tales of Legendia, is it worth it? *Small Spoilers*

Feb 8, 2006
I only know what is common knowledge in the mags and reviews. It looks very good though and if I had the money I would buy it.
Message 2 of 5 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6975 posts

Feb 9, 2006

Sky Dragon wrote:
I'm in need of a new Role Playing Game. I've played Tales of Syphonia for the Nintendo Gamecube and I am planning to get Tales of Phantasia for the Gameboy Advance, but I was wondering: Is this game any good? If you have it, can you awnser these questions?

1. How long is this game without sidequests?
  2. How long is this game with sidequests?
  3. Does this game use the same battle system as Tales of Symphonia?
  4. Should I buy it?

Thanks.

Well considering the game just came out, most of us haven't had a chance to even play it yet. I know my copy was only just shipped out. I can try to answer the questions with information I have read.

1. I have read the main quest story wise is average length probably about the same as Symphonia.

2. After you complete the game, there are new quests to do for your characters that flesh out their stories. I believe even a new weapon creation system opens up as well. Supposedly this adds much more to the total playtime.

3. Not quite. It is still real time like all Tales games, but Legendia uses a system similar to the PS1 releases. Your battles will take place on a 2D plane. It is called X Line Motion Battle or something like that. Supposedly it resembles a fighting game slightly more than past games.

4. That is totally up to you. I love the series for it's gameplay and interesting stories, so for me it was a no brainer. All the gameplay impressions I read seem like I will not be disappointed.

Message 3 of 5 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
158 posts

Feb 10, 2006
Just so you know, it's calles the Crossover Linear Motion Battle System (X-LiMBS). I have been waiting for about 3 days for it. I'm starting to hate Wal-Mart. Well, as soon as walmart gets ToL, I'm buying it on the spot.
Message 4 of 5 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
742 posts

Feb 10, 2006
Well, I am not sure how long it is, because I haven't beaten it yet.  But the game isn't very good.  The same problems that plagued Tales of Symphonia also plague Tales of Legendia.  Bad story, bad battle system, and really bad music.

Message 5 of 5 (5 Views)
0 Likes