Hekseville Citizen
403 posts

Re: Tales of Graces Being Ported to PS3, New PS3 Tales on the Way

Aug 2, 2010

minniemouse911 wrote:

I hope we get all the ps3 Tales! Please Namco! I would buy all of them without a second thought!

Amen to that.

All you gotta do is
Ride around Sally
Just Ride Sally Ride!!!!!!!
Message 21 of 31 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
164 posts

Aug 3, 2010

The original statement, which was posted less than an hour ago, read: To all Tales fans! We are ecstatic to see all of your responses. Thanks for your loyalty and passion towards the game. Unfortunately we do not have any plans to localize the series at this time. We’ll be sure to let you know if there are any changes to the plans. Thanks again for your support.

For those who closely looked at the comment, it was oddly noticeable that "series" was used instead of Tales of Graces, as in the previous statement. Just the comment alone sparked quite a few negative posts, as was to be expected. But unlike the previous statement, which still can be seen on the company's wall, this new statement, along with its 30+ comments, is now completely removed.

Message 22 of 31 (2 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
30 posts

Aug 3, 2010

If namco Banda continues like this then I'll be better off learning Japanese from my mom and importing the game -.- 

I really hope NB won't lead to that, I suck at languages, especially my native one.

Message 23 of 31 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2096 posts

Aug 3, 2010

Yechan wrote:

If namco Banda continues like this then I'll be better off learning Japanese from my mom and importing the game -.- 

I really hope NB won't lead to that, I suck at languages, especially my native one.

If it is not a Tales of game, it will be something else... might as well just go learn the language.

The 1 and 2nd will suck big time, but you know what, your 3rd/4th etc will be much more enjoyable and it is not like you do it just for this game... there will be Japanese games and Japanese RPG being release in their native market for a long time...   Just imagine the number of games you won't have to miss out on for the next 10, 20 years.

There are almost always some sort of english script floating around anyway to help you get along while you learn. 

Now Playing: Aion, Torchlight
intel i7+ Radeon HD5850, go PC!
Click sig for my collection

Photobucket
Message 24 of 31 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
230 posts

Aug 4, 2010

if u look at the last scan it looks kind of like Stahn from Tales of Destiny..

Message 25 of 31 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
187 posts

Aug 4, 2010

If the worst case scenario happens (Tales of Graces doesn't get localized), we might be able to make due. I know this isn't much, but for those like myself who really want to play this game, there is a team of very dedicated people hard at work translating the game. Bear in mind that they are creating a translated guide of the Wii version. If you were to import the upcoming PS3 port, there would be some content you'd miss out on (assuming the team doesn't go back and translate the new content as well). The team was apparently responsible for a well known translation guide of Fatal Frame 4. You can find their site here. In the event that the PS3 version doesn't get localized, I'll definitely consider importing.

--------------------I'm in love with Kirie Kojima--------------------
Message 26 of 31 (2 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Dec 3, 2010

Not me, i already have tov for ps3...

Message 27 of 31 (2 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3472 posts

Dec 4, 2010

For a minute I thought there was news on this topic.  But no *sigh*

But welcome to the forums Hikari even though you got my hopes up for nothing

Did you import it then if you already have it?

Yes! No! wait...what was the question again?

Message 28 of 31 (2 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
8488 posts

Dec 4, 2010

Namco Bandai Games America Inc. is going up on my game company hate list... FAST!

I can't believe that they are releasing that freaking majin game and that clash of titan instead :/

awww... now I feel stupid for posting on a 4 months old thread

Message 29 of 31 (2 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
41504 posts

Dec 4, 2010

kknd2002 wrote:

Namco Bandai Games America Inc. is going up on my game company hate list... FAST!

I can't believe that they are releasing that freaking majin game and that clash of titan instead :/

awww... now I feel stupid for posting on a 4 months old thread

Namco-Bandai really does deserve a medal for mishandling/neglect of their series in all but Japan. Hell, Namco-Bandai picked up the localization for Demon's Souls in EU and also is the publisher of it's spiritual successor, Project Dark, for all regions. It seems their NA/EU branches will touch any other RPG franchise but their own

Message 30 of 31 (2 Views)
0 Likes