Jul 28 2010
By: SlashZaku PlayStation MVP 41403 posts

Tales of Graces Being Ported to PS3, New PS3 Tales on the Way

30 replies 46 views Edited Jul 28, 2010
The Tales series looks like it will be making PlayStation 3 its new home for the next batch of major releases. Based off leaked info from this week's issue of Jump, PS3 will be getting two Tales games. And not to be left out, PSP will be getting a new Tales game of its own.

(Gaming blog Hachimaki reports that this information has been confirmed by some in-the-know Tales fans.)

One of the PS3 games isn't actually new. Namco Bandai will be bringing Wii's Tales of Graces to PS3. The game will carry the name Tales of Graces F when it arrives this Winter.

PS3 players can expect a number of improvements, including added special attacks for battle, a new outfit for pigtailed heroine Sophie, and the expected visual improvements .

The other PS3 Tales game is currently nameless. The magazine describes it simply as "New Tales." While not sharing any details, the magazine did post a first image illustration.

For PSP, Namco Bandai is readying Tales of the World Radiant Mythology 3. This latest Tales offshoot will feature appearances by over 80 Tales series characters, most notably Tales of Graces hero Aspel. The PSP game is scheduled for release in 2011.

If Aspel is your thing, you can also look forward to an upcoming password that makes Aspel appear in Tales of Phantasia X, complete with voice.

Andriasang

So...who is still waiting for a localized Tales of Vesperia?

Message 1 of 31 (46 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
113 posts

Re: Tales of Graces Being Ported to PS3, New PS3 Tales on the Way

Jul 28, 2010

The only tales game I've ever played was Tales of Legendia, and it was one of the best PS2 RPG's I've played. It's good news that NA PS3 fans will get something soon.

Message 2 of 31 (46 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
187 posts

Jul 28, 2010

Localize for the love of all that is good in this world!

--------------------I'm in love with Kirie Kojima--------------------
Message 3 of 31 (46 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
8173 posts

Jul 28, 2010

That's good news. Now if only Namco-Bandai would release these games in NA along with ToV.

Message 4 of 31 (46 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
41403 posts

Jul 28, 2010

Jag_Stilvecchio wrote:

That's good news. Now if only Namco-Bandai would release these games in NA along with ToV.

I really don't understand what the hell is up with Namco-Bandai's NA branch. Granted the main (JP) branch does a lot of stuff based off of their anime properties, you would think they (NA) would be localizing a bit more of the JP stuff. Hell, at the very least, you'd think they'd let someone like Atlus or NISA handle the localization. I hate seeing all these PS3/PSP titles from them being announced in JP and then knowing how the NA branch works, there is no chance in hell of ever seeing it cause they don't even make an attempt.

Message 5 of 31 (46 Views)
Fender Bender
3022 posts

Jul 28, 2010

Finally the PS3 gets a proper Tales game. Too bad none of them after Tales of Symphonia were as good as it. Oh well, either way I am eagerly looking forward to this.

sackperson_cool Trophy Card
Message 6 of 31 (46 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2939 posts

Jul 28, 2010

im sorry but i must have missed something even though i read it 3 times. where does it say this game is being localized? all it says its from jump. which jump? the japanese jump magazine or the american? its not stated clear enough to pressume a localize. i would love to see it on ps3 in na as well as tov. but as of right now both are not the case.

i will be waiting on a comfirmation regarding the port as well as a localization (on tog). and yes i am still waiting for tov to be localized. i played the 360 version and loved it and i deffinitly want to play it again on ps3 with all the added goodness.

Message 7 of 31 (46 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
403 posts

Jul 28, 2010

Maybe Namco hates us for the fact that we bashed Tekken 6 so much? So now they won't help us localize the Tales games as punishment?

All you gotta do is
Ride around Sally
Just Ride Sally Ride!!!!!!!
Message 8 of 31 (46 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
237 posts

Jul 28, 2010

*CRIES* I WANT I WANT I WANT IWANT

"

As for the RPGs, such as turnbased, action, strategy, and all that.... well, this world would be full of even more stupid people in my honest opinion. RPGs, in *not all* most cases give story to the player, or strategically challenge the mind through SRPGs, or Puzzle dungeons. If you think about it, RPGs are sort of like a visual, and audio story, where the person playing it is involved to challenge their brain, and read a book with all the scenes drawn out on TV for them. I really do think a lack of RPGs would dumb down people, because I do believe the presence of the genre does help the mind."
Message 9 of 31 (46 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
41403 posts

Jul 28, 2010

densetsu86 wrote:

im sorry but i must have missed something even though i read it 3 times. where does it say this game is being localized? all it says its from jump. which jump? the japanese jump magazine or the american? its not stated clear enough to pressume a localize. i would love to see it on ps3 in na as well as tov. but as of right now both are not the case.

i will be waiting on a comfirmation regarding the port as well as a localization (on tog). and yes i am still waiting for tov to be localized. i played the 360 version and loved it and i deffinitly want to play it again on ps3 with all the added goodness.

It doesn't And it's the Japanese Jump.

EDIT: As expected:

Update: Namco currently has no plans to release "Tales of Graces (PS3)" in North America.

Joystiq

Message 10 of 31 (46 Views)
0 Likes