5401 posts

Re: Tales Of Legendia "Bane Draven's Initial Thoughts"

Feb 21, 2006

banedraven wrote:

Gunner Yuna wrote:

banedraven wrote:

Gunner Yuna wrote:

banedraven wrote:
The grade is just like it is for the last game, Tales of Symphonia. You can convert your time, abilities, recipes, and many other things, and it doesn't seem to cost as much as Tales of Symphonia. I haven't found a way to check you Grade amount, which can be rather bothersome if you're fighting early on to increase it.

As well, the character art in the status screen, have a bit of a "tight-clothed" appeal. Almost too much, I wonder...how can they breath. Jay..."the typical weird/crazy/aloof character" is the character you have to have in a RPG. Examples- (Cait-Sith, Quinna, Harv-5, Laguna, Gogo, Galuf, Chu-Chu) but is well-recieved and easy to like.

There's basically a 3-5 second delay between the end of the battle before you're able to move your character again.

Eres, well, I have a bit of problem with it. I can't stand how you're supposed to activate most of you skills/spells through fighting/collecting Eres Stones. You have to fight lots of enemies (killing them rather fastly) to collect Eres Stones, and all skills/spells have a set amount you have to have before you can use them. So, you could level up, gain some skills, but you can't use them because you haven't fought the enemies ahead in the storyline. It may be a ploy to keep you from gaining too much of an edge, but the battles aren't hard at all. I had my battle difficulty on hard for the whole time I played it, and it wasn't anything hard at all...just more HPs on the enemies.

Overall- 6/10
I was turned off from this game, and I played a good little chunk out of it, 17 hours plus! I just didn't get really any attachment, or personal motivation to complete this game...which is disappointing.

For grade, you say you can "convert your time, abilities, recipes, and many other things", but what do you mean by that?  I've played ToS, and you can only convert it for those things at the end of the game, so you can do New Game +.  You haven't beat Tales of Legendia yet, so how do you know you can use it in New Game +?  Or were you referring to another use?

When I saw the trailer for Legendia, the character that stood out most to me was Jay.  I have a tendency to like those types of "You really are stupid.  You're knowledge cannot begin to compare with my genius self."-kind of people. Smiley Tongue

That much lag?  ToL graphics don't impress me at all, so I wonder why it would have lag...?

Those Eres Stones don't sound like a fun time....  hopefully the battle system is otherwise enjoyable.

I thought everyone knew that I traded the game back in, but I guess not. Anyway, after I played it for 17 hours I just didn't feel like finishing the game. I researched it, I found out what the Grade was for, which everyone should have known right from the start (if they've played Tales Of Symphonia.) It's for the Game Plus feature. I don't know if there is any other uses for Grade.

It's not lag, it's deliberate. After a normal battle on the world map, it does the deep like beat music, and the camera fades out away from your character...and it takes a bit for you to even move him/her again.

Message Edited by banedraven on 02-18-200610:32 PM

There are other uses for grade.  At least in Tales of Symphonia.  You can trade it with travelers to get rare minerals for weapon customization or other items.

Well, ya see kiddo, mehh, I haven't beat Tales Of Legendia, So ya see...I didn't know if you could do the same like in Tales Of Symphonia...mehh! Later Kiddo, You were good kid....real good....Man Wink

*puts on puzzled look*

~ Credit to MaggIvy for making me this beautiful sig! Thanks! ~
Message 11 of 12 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Big Daddy
19284 posts

Re: Tales Of Legendia "Bane Draven's Initial Thoughts"

Feb 21, 2006
I am not a big fan of the recent Tales games, but Legendia has a far better story than Symphonia did. It is simple and easy to figure out what will happen next without most of the cliches that Symphonia was riddled with. Main gripe...main hero isn't a swordsman and the game gets rather dull at points.
Please do not send me a friend's request without telling me who you are and where I know you from. Thank you.

Message 12 of 12 (0 Views)
0 Likes