Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sackboy
546 posts

Re: Suikoden I and II re-release questoin

Mar 28, 2006
What's funny is that their biggest portable rival, Nintendo, has made a killing on remakes for portable systems.  Look at the number of remakes for the GBA: Several Mario games, Tale of Phantasia, Metroid, Final Fantasy 1, 2, 4, and soon 3 (for the DS), 5, and 6.  You would think that they would look at their competition and say "What are they doing that we are not?" 
-
Owned by Atlus
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 14 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
21056 posts

Mar 28, 2006

MarcAlan wrote:
What's funny is that their biggest portable rival, Nintendo, has made a killing on remakes for portable systems.  Look at the number of remakes for the GBA: Several Mario games, Tale of Phantasia, Metroid, Final Fantasy 1, 2, 4, and soon 3 (for the DS), 5, and 6.  You would think that they would look at their competition and say "What are they doing that we are not?" 

I think I can understand where SCEA is coming from in a "We don't want to be looked at like an inferior or reshash company" sense, but when you quickly notice that a great deal of the PSP's library are just mediocre PS2 ports anyway, it doesn't make sense as a whole.

It's not fair to the gamer, especially when, like you said, I could go pick up a great port for any Nintendo system to a game I love, and that the Revolution will do well based on its port capabilities. Furthermore, if people buy these "inferior" or ported games, aren't SCEA seeing profits from it?

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 14 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1813 posts

Mar 28, 2006
Seriously, is this really a surprise to you all?  SCEA has been doing this for years, and I don't see it changing, ever...
Canibus is the ultimate executioner's dream, swingin' the guillotine, cuz whenever the head is severed from the human body with a sharp enough weapon the brain remains concious for 10 seconds, long enough for me to give you one last message and when you get to Hell you can tell Lucifer I said it...
Play-Asia.com - Buy Video Games for Consoles and PC - From Japan, Korea and other Regions!
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 14 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1922 posts

Mar 30, 2006

I agree with everything that has been said about SCEA needing to bring over these remakes and ports of RPG's from Japan. I mean we all know that the PSP is doing so well with it's library of great games. Ooops! My bad, I was thinking about Nintendo.. the King of handheld gaming.

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 14 (0 Views)
0 Likes