Feb 08 2006
By: banedraven~ Treasure Hunter 7811 posts

Storylines Spanning Two or More Games?

11 replies 0 views Edited Feb 8, 2006
  Note: This Is Just A Sentence For Those Wanting To Tear Our Their Eye's With Rusty Hooks.....

In RPGs, we all like storylines, of course, that's why most of us play the game. What I'm wanting to ask, what games can compare to certain storylines. Xenogears...Xenosaga(series), I don't see any other games or series of games that are that big and that involved. Matter of fact, I don't know any other series that spans three games with a continued storyline, not off the top of my head anyway! So, to you, what games, that span more than two storylines, are grand in whole. Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga, that series is great.

Later........Bane Draven
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 12 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1831 posts

Re: Storylines Spanning Two or More Games?

Feb 8, 2006

banedraven wrote:
  Note: This Is Just A Sentence For Those Wanting To Tear Our Their Eye's With Rusty Hooks.....

In RPGs, we all like storylines, of course, that's why most of us play the game. What I'm wanting to ask, what games can compare to certain storylines. Xenogears...Xenosaga(series), I don't see any other games or series of games that are that big and that involved. Matter of fact, I don't know any other series that spans three games with a continued storyline, not off the top of my head anyway! So, to you, what games, that span more than two storylines, are grand in whole. Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga, that series is great.

Later........Bane Draven

what is this sentence up top supposed to mean? lol

i dont know if these are the answers you are looking for but,

ffx and ffx-2

kh1 and kh2

ff7crisiscore, final fantasy 7, ff7adventchildren(movie though), ff7dirge of cerberus (is that the chronological order or am i wrong?)

for some reason, i dont believe you were looking for these answers but maybe one of them is right lol..... maybe if i had played Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga i would understand a bit better what i should answer as

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 12 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6969 posts

Feb 8, 2006

blitz ace wrote:

banedraven wrote:

Ahhhhh! *gouges eyes out with rusty fishhooks*

Seriously though, I had to stop laughing before I could read the rest of your post. ".hack/" Series has a huge continuing story, but unfortunately I didn't like the gameplay and never got into it. Shadow Hearts continues the story from the first to the second, but in an turn probably never existing in Video Game history, the storyline ends, but the series continues for the third game. Unfortunately for games like Xenosaga and .hack, you can't pick up in the middle.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 12 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5401 posts

Feb 8, 2006

blitz ace wrote:

banedraven wrote:

Later........Bane Draven

i dont know if these are the answers you are looking for but,

ffx and ffx-2

kh1 and kh2

ff7crisiscore, final fantasy 7, ff7adventchildren(movie though), ff7dirge of cerberus (is that the chronological order or am i wrong?)

for some reason, i dont believe you were looking for these answers but maybe one of them is right lol..... maybe if i had played Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga i would understand a bit better what i should answer as

It goes like this (in chronological order):

• Before Crisis: Final Fantasy VII (mobile)
  • Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII (PSP)
  • Final Fantasy VII (PS1)
  • Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children (DVD, UMD for PSP)
  • Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII (PS2)

Quite a long (but great!) story if you ask me... :smileytongue:

~ Credit to MaggIvy for making me this beautiful sig! Thanks! ~
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 12 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6975 posts

Feb 8, 2006

banedraven wrote:

Later........Bane Draven

Silly why would an RPG player want to tear their eyes out, that would certainly not be good for their game playing life.

Actually I think alot of us play games to play a game, because it is, oh I don't know, a little thing called fun. lol

I'll get interested in a good storyline though and I do like stories that continue from one game to the next, esp. if I have come to like the starring cast.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 12 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5401 posts

Feb 8, 2006

thebaldduelist wrote:

banedraven wrote:

Later........Bane Draven

Silly why would an RPG player want to tear their eyes out, that would certainly not be good for their game playing life.

Actually I think alot of us play games to play a game, because it is, oh I don't know, a little thing called fun. lol

I'll get interested in a good storyline though and I do like stories that continue from one game to the next, esp. if I have come to like the starring cast.

I believe Mastervivi said something like that when people color-code their posts... and.... oh, look!  I'm doing it now! 

That's exactly why I play games.  For fun, among many other things.

Message Edited by Gunner Yuna on 02-08-200610:10 AM

~ Credit to MaggIvy for making me this beautiful sig! Thanks! ~
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 12 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7811 posts

Feb 8, 2006

Mastervivi wrote:

blitz ace wrote:

banedraven wrote:

Seriously though, I had to stop laughing before I could read the rest of your post. ".hack/" Series has a huge continuing story, but unfortunately I didn't like the gameplay and never got into it. Shadow Hearts continues the story from the first to the second, but in an turn probably never existing in Video Game history, the storyline ends, but the series continues for the third game. Unfortunately for games like Xenosaga and .hack, you can't pick up in the middle.

It would be really hard for someone to pick up in the middle of either of those series, they could, but...what fun is that. Of course, they could read a summary/script, but without those long visuals...they won't get the atmosphere. I didn't remember Shadow Hearts/.Hack. I never liked Shadow Hearts and I know the historical facts are really bad but, I know some people here Love that series.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 12 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6969 posts

Feb 8, 2006

banedraven wrote:

Mastervivi wrote:

blitz ace wrote:

banedraven wrote:

It would be really hard for someone to pick up in the middle of either of those series, they could, but...what fun is that. Of course, they could read a summary/script, but without those long visuals...they won't get the atmosphere. I didn't remember Shadow Hearts/.Hack. I never liked Shadow Hearts and I know the historical facts are really bad but, I know some people here Love that series.

Well you have to go into the series knowing that 90% of the game isn't serious. They used the historical Rasputine, and made thier own silly little story out of it (I didn't know Rasputine really existed til hearing about it after I played the game.) I'm sure they're going to do something of the same in the newest installment.
And I think that its good that an RPG is willing to step away from the mold in the way that SH does.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 12 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6312 posts

Feb 8, 2006
Shadow Hearts has a good continuing storyline. I also liked the Lunar series and Xenosaga series as well.
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 12 (0 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1120 posts

Feb 8, 2006

Well you have to go into the series knowing that 90% of the game isn't serious. They used the historical Rasputine, and made thier own silly little story out of it (I didn't know Rasputine really existed til hearing about it after I played the game.) I'm sure they're going to do something of the same in the newest installment.
And I think that its good that an RPG is willing to step away from the mold in the way that SH does.

I know they are working in Al Capone.
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 12 (0 Views)
0 Likes