Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 02 2006
By: KathR Fender Bender 4026 posts

Revelations: Persona

7 replies 3 views Edited Mar 2, 2006
I finally got a copy of this game... been looking for over a year and now I've got it! Original case, manual and disc... $20.00!!!

The game reminds me of the old, old dungeon crawlers... and it took me a while to get used to the changes from 3rd person to 1st person... but so far, it's very interesting...

But I have a question... While I was out on the city map, I thought I heard a dog bark... but I don't see any... what's that about?
Message 1 of 8 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6975 posts

Re: Revelations: Persona

Mar 2, 2006

Kath R wrote:
I finally got a copy of this game... been looking for over a year and now I've got it! Original case, manual and disc... $20.00!!!

The game reminds me of the old, old dungeon crawlers... and it took me a while to get used to the changes from 3rd person to 1st person... but so far, it's very interesting...

But I have a question... While I was out on the city map, I thought I heard a dog bark... but I don't see any... what's that about?

I don't remember a dog barking, but don't go by me. I am lucky I remember my name. lol I don't think it is anything significant though or I would recall something. I hope you enjoy the game, I sure did. It gets very intense, very quickly, but it is so fun. Do yourself a favor and get yourself a notebook if you don't already have one out though. It is in your best interest to keep track of who particular monsters respond to and who they don't.

Message 2 of 8 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4026 posts

Mar 2, 2006

thebaldduelist wrote:

Kath R wrote:

I don't remember a dog barking, but don't go by me. I am lucky I remember my name. lol I don't think it is anything significant though or I would recall something. I hope you enjoy the game, I sure did. It gets very intense, very quickly, but it is so fun. Do yourself a favor and get yourself a notebook if you don't already have one out though. It is in your best interest to keep track of who particular monsters respond to and who they don't.

Thanks for the tip... I can't tell you how many times I play a game and try to remember where the locked doors or chests were that need special keys... each time I tell myself, I should write them down and I get so wrapped up in the game that I forget... But since I just started this game, I'll get the pencil and paper ahead of time...
Message 3 of 8 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6975 posts

Mar 2, 2006

Kath R wrote:

thebaldduelist wrote:

Kath R wrote:

Thanks for the tip... I can't tell you how many times I play a game and try to remember where the locked doors or chests were that need special keys... each time I tell myself, I should write them down and I get so wrapped up in the game that I forget... But since I just started this game, I'll get the pencil and paper ahead of time...

Yeah I have the same problem so I absolutely have to write it all down. With Persona, you'll probably be wanting to get as much from the monsters as you can, so it helps not to have to recall each time who fails and who succeeds. Although one of the best parts of the game is the party-enemy interaction. I love it!!! Some of the characters do some great stuff. How far into the game are you?

Message 4 of 8 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4026 posts

Mar 2, 2006

thebaldduelist wrote:

Kath R wrote:

thebaldduelist wrote:

Kath R wrote:

Yeah I have the same problem so I absolutely have to write it all down. With Persona, you'll probably be wanting to get as much from the monsters as you can, so it helps not to have to recall each time who fails and who succeeds. Although one of the best parts of the game is the party-enemy interaction. I love it!!! Some of the characters do some great stuff. How far into the game are you?

I only just started... I still have to finish Dragon Quest VIII and Wild Arms:ACF... but I think I'll be playing this one also.. it's too much fun to wait until I finish one of the others...
Message 5 of 8 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6975 posts

Mar 2, 2006

Kath R wrote:

I only just started... I still have to finish Dragon Quest VIII and Wild Arms:ACF... but I think I'll be playing this one also.. it's too much fun to wait until I finish one of the others...

Oh yeah, I forgot you were still playing DQ8. And WA: ACF too, loved that one as well. They did a great job with it IMO.

I had fun with it. I know alot of people say the second Persona is better because it ditches the first person view, and while I love Eternal Punishment, I missed the first person aspect.

Hey BTW, I just noticed the price and condition you got the game for and in. That's a great price. I got mine back when it first came out, but a little while later. The store didn't have any more new copies, so I got a preowned one because I couldn't find it anywhere. Everything was in great condition but the case had a big ol crack. (I'm obsessive with stuff like that so it bothered me but I really wanted the game and couldn't find it anywhere) But I definitely paid more than $20. Congrats!!!

Message Edited by thebaldduelist on 03-02-200610:30 AM

Message 6 of 8 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1922 posts

Mar 3, 2006
Good find! I have been looking for a decent copy on Ebay for a long while now. It is a very hard to find game, and I am starting to get tired of looking. I would be willing to pay three times what you paid if I could just find one in complete condition. Oh well, maybe someday I'll have it.
Message 7 of 8 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4026 posts

Mar 3, 2006

Thanks!  It was a mixture of luck and persistance that got me the game... and at $20.00 it was a fabulous find!!

I'm doing the "extras" in DQ8 but I'm only about 1/2 way in WA:ACF (my level is 53) so hopefully, I'll be able to devote more time to playing Persona.. Probably this weekend, when I can forget about work...

Message 8 of 8 (3 Views)
0 Likes