Sackboy
536 posts

Re: Recommend an RPG for my 8 year old Gamer.......

Mar 28, 2006

fs_metal wrote:

NitELeX wrote:

fs_metal wrote:

NitELeX wrote:

fs_metal wrote:

NitELeX wrote:
I would suggest anime RPG's, Star Ocean, .Hack, Magna Carta even pokemon. And then some mainstream like Dragon Quest and some older FF's. I wanted to say Morrowind but i remmemberd he is 8, but at least he will learn at how to not get lost lol. But hey, maybe he wont like RPG's, you never know, but worth trying.

A text heavy RPG like Star Ocean is NOT for an 8 year old

It may be text heavy, but whats wrong with reading too much, practise makes perfect. And the english is of low level anyway, because it was translated from Japanese.

It is likely to bore an 8 year old to death. He is likely to loose interest in it because it is so text heavy. The game isn't quite as bad as Elder Scrolls, but damn it it tries Smiley Tongue

EDIT: The previous statement was not meant as an insult to either series. I LOOOOOVE Elder Scrolls and SO is pretty good too

Message Edited by fs_metal on 03-27-200605:10 PM

I understand everyone has different tastes, but dont you dare compare SO to Star Ocean lol Smiley Tongue.

Message Edited by NitELeX on 03-27-200607:16 PM

SO IS Star Ocean dude.....

Ouch i keep emberassing myself. I ment to say elder scroll's Smiley Frustrated.

And Magna Carta is rated T. And an 8 year old kid will not understand the part about molesting. And i said MAGNA CARAT because of the story, RPG's are all about a stoyr, and Magna carta's is top notch. But thats my opinion.

P.S. lol i should spell check more ofthen
2% of the teenage population hasn't tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 98% that has or will try it. Please copy and paste this into your signature

Message 41 of 72 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
19284 posts

Mar 28, 2006

NitELeX wrote:

fs_metal wrote:

NitELeX wrote:

fs_metal wrote:

NitELeX wrote:

fs_metal wrote:

NitELeX wrote:
I would suggest anime RPG's, Star Ocean, .Hack, Magna Carta even pokemon. And then some mainstream like Dragon Quest and some older FF's. I wanted to say Morrowind but i remmemberd he is 8, but at least he will learn at how to not get lost lol. But hey, maybe he wont like RPG's, you never know, but worth trying.

It may be text heavy, but whats wrong with reading too much, practise makes perfect. And the english is of low level anyway, because it was translated from Japanese.

It is likely to bore an 8 year old to death. He is likely to loose interest in it because it is so text heavy. The game isn't quite as bad as Elder Scrolls, but damn it it tries Smiley Tongue

EDIT: The previous statement was not meant as an insult to either series. I LOOOOOVE Elder Scrolls and SO is pretty good too

I understand everyone has different tastes, but dont you dare compare SO to Star Ocean lol Smiley Tongue.

And Magna Carta is rated T. And an 8 year old kid will not understand the part about molesting. And i said MAGNA CARAT because of the story, RPG's are all about a stoyr, and Magna carta's is top notch. But thats my opinion.

You are probably one of the very few people who actually likes Magna Carta.
Please do not send me a friend's request without telling me who you are and where I know you from. Thank you.

Message 42 of 72 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7716 posts

Mar 28, 2006

NitELeX wrote:

fs_metal wrote:

NitELeX wrote:

fs_metal wrote:

NitELeX wrote:

fs_metal wrote:

NitELeX wrote:

Elder Scrolls>Star Ocean, and it ain't even close

That is all

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Joined GAP: 6-2-06
Message 43 of 72 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3589 posts

Mar 28, 2006

Tonedeff wrote:
Pokemon since it's technically an RPG

Yeah, Pokemon is my pick.
Job- BLM 53
Message 44 of 72 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3589 posts

Mar 28, 2006

chaynes wrote:

Thunderstrike wrote:
Neopets:The Darkest Faerie  or The Hobbit both for the PS2

Keyword "RPG" those are not RPG's at all.

Neopets: The Darkest Faerie got awful reviews.
Job- BLM 53
Message 45 of 72 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
254 posts

Mar 28, 2006
pokemon, digimon, kingdom hearts would all be good 1s
i played digimon on ps1 and played all the pokemon gameboy games when i was younger
im a button masher on March 22 at 11:52
Message 46 of 72 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12042 posts

Mar 28, 2006

NitELeX wrote:

fs_metal wrote:

NitELeX wrote:

I agree, unless the 8 year is a complete idiot. But yes, I dont see any reason not to suggest a text heavy RPG for an 8 year old. Not only is it good for reading skills but if he's that interested in the game it's also going to help with his vocabulary... Id much rather have my kid play an RPG wich he reads text; if i had a kid LOL...

And who said Kingdom Hearts is too dark? The game is'nt any darker than any other RPG. Not to mention its rated E for everyone. The point of an RPG is to eliminate evil and restore, do good to the nation. How is Kingdom Hearts any different than most other games? It's really not... Plus it has lovable Disney characters, morals... too dark my backside, take it you did'nt like the game...

Message 47 of 72 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
33 posts

Mar 28, 2006
Woman Very HappyWOW so much info. my sons favorite movie is Nightmare Before Christmas,he has a mom who can see beauty in the strange and unusual,and i think he could handle dark,as long as there isnt any sexuality,crude humor,or substance abuse!one of the reasons  i am encouraging the RPGs(other than my love for them)is the reading and problem solving.and i agree that most of the story lines are about good triumphing over evil,morality and integrity. again,i am so glad i asked,i got some great feedback!!!Woman Very Happy
"
Message 48 of 72 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5420 posts

Mar 28, 2006

sarges24@hotmail.com wrote:

too dark my backside, take it you did'nt like the game...

I loved KH with all of my heart, and I still think it's too dark for an 8-year old....
Message 49 of 72 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
501 posts

Mar 28, 2006

Aeris_Jayle wrote:

sarges24@hotmail.com wrote:

too dark my backside, take it you did'nt like the game...

I loved KH with all of my heart, and I still think it's too dark for an 8-year old....

hey Aeris Im 10 and its not that dark
[
Message 50 of 72 (2 Views)
0 Likes