Treasure Hunter
5797 posts

Re: RPG Sequal/Series Syndrome

Feb 10, 2006

The bards are long dead. Tales vanish from insight. What more could we expect? Another story of a knight?

www.myspace.com/calamity_my_fantasy

Want a link? Go to hell.
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 14 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
55 posts

Feb 10, 2006
I do agree on the "afraid" part. Developers nowadays are afraid to lose money big time, only few are brave enough to take up the challenge of making a brand new RPG. I just hope, an RPG that is both new and good will show soon.
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 14 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4200 posts

Feb 10, 2006

Gunner Yuna wrote:

Mastervivi wrote:
Like I said, I'm not a RPG guru :smileytongue:

I've heard mixed reviews about Magna Carta, havn't heard much of anything on Radiata Stories

I've heard Radiata Stories can be quite fun, but ridiculous for some people.  I'd personally like to play it, once I've completed DQVIII, FFXII, FFVIII, Star Ocean:tteot, KH, and Xenosaga I & II. :smileytongue:  I'm also fairly interested in Magna Carta, though I am skeptical, due to mixed reviews.

Don't let the "mix" fool you.  The game is NOT worth playing.  The story is the only thing that is decent about the game.  Every person I've talked to that has played or is currently playing it says they cannot wait for it to be over. 
Digikoto is no more... But you can keep up with my blog for the latest and greatest in gaming, music and entertainment editorials...

TSL Blog
Blog RSS Feeds
TSL on Twitter
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 14 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
742 posts

Feb 10, 2006

Shadowmyst01 wrote:

Seiken_Densetsu wrote:

Shadowmyst01 wrote:
Not really. Maybe a year or so ago but not now. S-E has noticably slowed down in their production of rpg's compared to other companies that are making quite a few.

They haven't slowed down their production at all.  Current S-E projects:

-Seiken Densetsu 4
-Children of Mana
-Kingdom Hearts 2 (Localization)
-Final Fantasy XII
-Final Fantasy XI (Next-Gen, Xbox 360)
-Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth
-Valkyrie Profile:  Silmeria
-Final Fantasy V
-Final Fantasy VI
-Supposedly FFXIII
-Supposedly Kindgom Hearts 3
-Some Full Metal Alchemist Games
-And more..

Most of those mentioned are either remakes of older games and in the case of FF XI a port. They use to try and make new games that where one shot titles. If they sold well then they continued it.

Most of the games I mentioned aren't remakes/ports of older games.

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 14 (0 Views)
0 Likes