Big Daddy
19284 posts

Re: RPG News 03/31/06

Apr 2, 2006

Gunner Yuna wrote:

DarkCloudLives wrote:

Gunner Yuna wrote:

chaynes wrote:
Namco announced its NDS RPG Tales of the Tempest will support multiple players over WiFi connection, this is the first in the Tales series. There will be multi player specific missions in the game, support 2 - 4 players simultaneously. Tales of the Tempest will be released in Japan on June 8, 2006.

http://rpgfan.com/news/2006/1164.html Final Fantasy XII Passes 2 Million Mark

Awesome!!!  Another Wi-Fi RPG!!  I very excited that more and more DS RPGs are getting a multiplayer feature, and Wi-Fi!!  It'll be awesome!

Atelier Iris looks interesting.  I think I'll try and find the first game and get into this series, because it looks like a lot of fun.

I'm not too surprised with FFXII's success, considering many people have been starved for a "real" Final Fantasy for years.

I don't know if I would call FF12 a real FF. I mean it is exactly like FF11, just offline.  The game also looks like it is event driven. I don't know, we'll see.

The only thing it is "exactly" like with FFXI is the battle system.  FFXII will have a story and many other FF staples just like FFIV, FFVII, FFIX, etc....  Really, the only major change is the battle system.

The demo had "missions/events", but I would really be surprised if the full version is like that.  I'm pretty sure it won't be event driven.

I think the game will be more like Tactics than any of the games you mentioned. As for the event driven, I hope it isn't.
Please do not send me a friend's request without telling me who you are and where I know you from. Thank you.

Message 21 of 22 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1922 posts

Re: RPG News 03/31/06

Apr 2, 2006

DarkCloudLives wrote:

I think the game will be more like Tactics than any of the games you mentioned. As for the event driven, I hope it isn't.

I think it will be like Tactics also. As for it being event driven, I think it will be.
Message 22 of 22 (0 Views)
0 Likes