Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 29 2006
By: arabian~ Treasure Hunter 5835 posts

Proof that the change from Squaresoft to Square-Enix was a big mistake!!

26 replies 2 views Edited Mar 29, 2006
I have kept my eye on Kingdom Hearts 2 ever since I fully beaten Kingdom Hearts. Delay after delay after delay.....I was hoping that KH2 would be amazing........was I wrong??

Kingdom Hearts published by Squaresoft
IGN: 9.0 GS: 8.2
Average score: 8.6

Kingdom Hearts 2 published by Square Enix
IGN: 7.6 GS: 8.7
Average Score: 8.1

Discuss!!

This is my last post of the day so don't expect me to reply to your flames(:smileywink:)so soon
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 27 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5038 posts

Re: Proof that the change from Squaresoft to Square-Enix was a big mistake!!

Mar 29, 2006

arabian wrote:
I have kept my eye on Kingdom Hearts 2 ever since I fully beaten Kingdom Hearts. Delay after delay after delay.....I was hoping that KH2 would be amazing........was I wrong??

Discuss!!

This is my last post of the day so don't expect me to reply to your flames(:smileywink:)so soon

How could have been a mistake to fuse with one of the best companies out there? And if you noticed gamespot gave it a 8.7, which I consider a better site just because of the fact that the IGN reviewers are very unstable, but whatever, I don't care about the scores, I'll judge it until I play it, but at least tje name of your thread is stupid

Message Edited by Ark_v2 on 03-28-200609:52 PM

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 27 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2188 posts

Mar 29, 2006
those are just 2 sites opinons... www.gamerankings.com
Image hosting by Photobucket
Jessica Alba is HOTT
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 27 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1463 posts

Mar 29, 2006
never mind. it doesnt matter what other people rate it. its your decision to love it or hate it.

Message Edited by promethius on 03-28-200607:55 PM

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 27 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12042 posts

Mar 29, 2006

arabian wrote:

Discuss!!

WOW!! IM so sick of Kingdom Hearts II and I have'nt even played it yet. Think you guys could talk about this game in a couple threads, not several pages...

As for the scores. I think Gamespots score should've been bumped to a 9 looking at thier review and rating board. BUt keep in mind that 8-8.9 is GREAT according to Gamespots rankings board. So it got a great score from GS. On the other hand the score IGN gave the game probably doesnt come close to reflecting thier review. IGN is the WORST place for gaming news, reviews and opinions when it comes to anything gaming. Now of course RPGs get bad scores from the get go, but there is probably no reason IGN scored KH II so low other than they have no frekn clue!!

Bottomline, a reviewer is a gamer just like you or I except they have a journilism degree (at least the should). So taking reviews is plain stupid imo, Ive never taken a review for its worth until after Ive played the game. When it comes to RPGs I find that NO review matches my opinion; if it does its like annualy. I know what games Im going to like, what games are going to be decent and what games warrant my $40-50. Because at the end of the day no matter what someone tells me or rates a game as, Im the one playing it and enjoying it...

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 27 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7003 posts

Mar 29, 2006

promethius wrote:
isnt square enix the same as squaresoft?

Square Soft and Enix were seperate companies but then they made sweet love and had Square Enix (okay erase the sweet love part :smileytongue:)
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 27 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12042 posts

Mar 29, 2006

promethius wrote:
isnt square enix the same as squaresoft?

Square was originally formed as Squaresoft long, long ago, when I was a mere child. About 2 or 3 years ago they formed forces and teamed up with Enix who is another Japanese developer/publisher. They had games like Valkyrie Profile and Star Ocean just to name a few. Anyway, after the merger they became Square-Enix...

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 27 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3748 posts

Mar 29, 2006

arabian wrote:

Discuss!!

I do believe that ever since Squaresoft has became "Square-Enix", they haven't had that much success. I'm a little shocked about the IGN score for KH2 though.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 27 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
19284 posts

Mar 29, 2006
IGN is heavily biased. Anyways, if Square didn't merge with Enix, then Square possibly would of gone bankrupt or bought out by EA. Could you see EA making Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, etc?
Please do not send me a friend's request without telling me who you are and where I know you from. Thank you.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 27 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10627 posts

Mar 29, 2006
Bleh, i can care less what the ratings are, in the end it all comes down to whether you like it or not.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 27 (2 Views)
0 Likes