Apr 20 2013
By: Tjoeb123 Lombax Warrior 94 posts

Problems with Dragon Fantasy

6 replies 194 views Edited Apr 20, 2013

NOTE:  I posted this on Kotaku Talk Amongst Yourselves, but it seems either nobody can read it, or nobody wants to answer.  So, the following is a direct copy-and-paste from there.

Also, the following only applies to the PS Vita version of the game AFAIK.

Are any of you having these issues with Dragon Fantasy (at least on PS Vita)?

1. Sometimes, when exiting a dungeon or ending a conversation, the game will not respond to button input, but can open the Status screen by tapping Status.

2. This will be a doozey to explain:

In the 2nd town (of Chapter 1, FYI, where you play as Ogden), in the Inn, there is a room with a grandma who doesn't move. In front of her is a chair.

That was just for reference.

The issue here is with those **bleep** quick saves. The prompt to load a quick save I DIDN'T make won't go the hell away. I ALWAYS exit the game by closing the LiveArea like any other Vita app, yet for some reason the game asks if I want to continue from a quick save I never made the next time I start. And I start in that chair I mentioned above. Unable to move.

Here's how I reproduced it:

1. Save in that 2nd town.

2. Exit the game by closing the application.

3. Start the game again. It might ask to resume from a quick save. Do NOT, and load the game normally.

4. Close the application again.

5. Restart the game and choose to load the quick save.  You'll end up at that spot I mentioned earlier.

Removing and reinstalling the application (downloading my cloud save after installation) did NOT resolve the issue.

3. (Back to the list of issues) When I load a game, it seems to freeze between "Loading..." and "Loading complete."

Patch incoming...?

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go serve my lovely ladies, Purple Heart and Black Heart.
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 7 (194 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
8466 posts

Re: Problems with Dragon Fantasy

Apr 25, 2013
You might want to address to the game company directly when it comes to bugs and glitches.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 7 (173 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
285 posts

[ Edited ]
May 18, 2013

I'll probably try to contact Muteki Corporation about this tomorrow, but I was wondering if anyone else is having the problem I'm having with the game.  For the last few hours, every time I get to the title screen, the game screen is smaller and stuck in the bottom left corner of my tv screen.  The 1st thing it did earlier was show me a screen-adjustment menu in the bottom left corner.  It's weird, and like I stated above, I was wondering if anyone else is experiencing this problem.

"If I ever type a question, will you read it?"
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 7 (132 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

[ Edited ]
May 24, 2013

I actually had this problem right from the start, where as soon as the title screen loads, the screen shrinks to the bottom left corner. I emailed Muteki Corporation, but they didn't reply. I've messaged them via their Facebook page, but I'm not sure I'll get a reply. I hope there is a solution to this; otherwise, I just wasted my money.

UPDATE: I've just been told that they are submitting a patch for this tomorrow! Apparently there's an issue with non-HDMI signals. Should be fixed soon.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 7 (113 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
285 posts

May 25, 2013

I just responded to your PM before looking here 1st. lol  I haven't checked the game yet.  I'll try it out in a lil' bit.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 7 (99 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

May 26, 2013

It was on their Twitter feed that they've submitted a patch. It may take up to a few weeks to be posted, but they'll let us know... I hope they fix it soon! I actually wanted to play this...

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 7 (92 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
285 posts

May 26, 2013

I guess we'll just have to wait then.  Oh well.  It's ok.  Stuff happens.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 7 (85 Views)
0 Likes