NOTE: I posted this on Kotaku Talk Amongst Yourselves, but it seems either nobody can read it, or nobody wants to answer. So, the following is a direct copy-and-paste from there.
Also, the following only applies to the PS Vita version of the game AFAIK.
Are any of you having these issues with Dragon Fantasy (at least on PS Vita)?
1. Sometimes, when exiting a dungeon or ending a conversation, the game will not respond to button input, but can open the Status screen by tapping Status.
2. This will be a doozey to explain:
In the 2nd town (of Chapter 1, FYI, where you play as Ogden), in the Inn, there is a room with a grandma who doesn't move. In front of her is a chair.
That was just for reference.
The issue here is with those **bleep** quick saves. The prompt to load a quick save I DIDN'T make won't go the hell away. I ALWAYS exit the game by closing the LiveArea like any other Vita app, yet for some reason the game asks if I want to continue from a quick save I never made the next time I start. And I start in that chair I mentioned above. Unable to move.
Here's how I reproduced it:
1. Save in that 2nd town.
2. Exit the game by closing the application.
3. Start the game again. It might ask to resume from a quick save. Do NOT, and load the game normally.
4. Close the application again.
5. Restart the game and choose to load the quick save. You'll end up at that spot I mentioned earlier.
Removing and reinstalling the application (downloading my cloud save after installation) did NOT resolve the issue.
3. (Back to the list of issues) When I load a game, it seems to freeze between "Loading..." and "Loading complete."
I'll probably try to contact Muteki Corporation about this tomorrow, but I was wondering if anyone else is having the problem I'm having with the game. For the last few hours, every time I get to the title screen, the game screen is smaller and stuck in the bottom left corner of my tv screen. The 1st thing it did earlier was show me a screen-adjustment menu in the bottom left corner. It's weird, and like I stated above, I was wondering if anyone else is experiencing this problem.
I actually had this problem right from the start, where as soon as the title screen loads, the screen shrinks to the bottom left corner. I emailed Muteki Corporation, but they didn't reply. I've messaged them via their Facebook page, but I'm not sure I'll get a reply. I hope there is a solution to this; otherwise, I just wasted my money.
UPDATE: I've just been told that they are submitting a patch for this tomorrow! Apparently there's an issue with non-HDMI signals. Should be fixed soon.