Keyblade Wielder
10751 posts

Re: Post all your PS1 RPGs (Especially you Guru)

Mar 7, 2005

Once again, I don't have a large collection:

• Xenogears
  • Final Fantasy Chronicles
  • Final Fantasy Anthology
  • Final Fantasy VII
  • Final Fantasy VIII
  • Final Fantasy IX
  • Chrono Cross
  • Valkyrie Profile
  • Vagrant Story
  • Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete
  • Lunar: Eternal Blue
  • Wild ARMs
  • Jade Cocoon (RPG hybrid)
  • Breath of Fire IV
  • Legend of Dragoon

I also have Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain which, surprisingly, has a very good story...but I guess it isn't really a RPG.

Please use plain text.
Message 51 of 68 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
19284 posts

Mar 8, 2005

,Wakka333Blitzer wrote:

,Blaq wrote:

,thebaldduelist wrote:

,DarkCloud(R) wrote:

,thebaldduelist wrote:

,DarkCloud(R) wrote:
Ijustdon't trust used games. Yes they are cheaper but half the timetherevery badly scratched up, finger printed, or doesn't have the caseorbook. I'm just a little picky when I comes to buying anything,"Theymust be factory fresh". But alas, these games are disappearingfast,and the only means of getting are in fact getting a preownedcopy...*Sigh,

I hearya, Iam like that too. I never EVER bought anything preowned in thepast. IfI received anything preowned as a gift, I used to look at it asaninsult. I was pretty overboard. I still prefer new but I buy usedtoonow. I try to scrutinize any used purchase first. I haven't hadanyproblems and so far I have had all positive experiences. I recentlygotone that was in such excellent condition, I thought it was minetobegin with. I guess you could say I mellowed out a bit as I got older.

Haha yeah i'm the same why with getting used games for gifts. "What am I not good enough enough to get a new copy"?
Areyougood at covering it up? Or does the look on your face give it away?Forme, they could see the look on my face and know what I am thinking.Itry not to do that anymore, cuz i realize that from some people thatiswhat they could afford and it was the thought that counts. Now if itwasfrom a cheapskate, that's different. LOL

YOuguysmake me not feel so bad about how picky I am..  I scrutinizegamesso hard..  I made a dude at gamestop open up a sealed butused Arcthe lad collection just so I could see if it had thebooklets.. And sure enough, NO BOOKLET!!!  I was like, "I'mnot payin yall no$39 for a collectors item with no frickinbooklet..  They tried tohustle people with that stupid seal..

On the other hand, I justbought a used copy of FFVIII with strategyguide for $15 (which INCLUDEDshipping) from this dude inCalifornia..  When I opened the box Iwas SO SURPRISED!!! FFVIII was dang near brand new and so was thestrategy guide eventhough he bought it when it first came out..  Iwas blown.. 

So I guess you get lucky with used sometimes, but I completely understand what you guys are talking about.. 

Youthink that's bad?  Last time I went to GameStop, I boughtDrakengard and the strategy guide for $65... drove home, opened thecase only to find that there was no game in it.  I called themimmediatly to inform them of their mistake, and they had the nerve totell me that I probably just took it out and that I was trying to get afree copy of it.

That deserves a nice call to their district manager and/or main headquarters.That is a fire-able offense in retail.
Please do not send me a friend's request without telling me who you are and where I know you from. Thank you.

Please use plain text.
Message 52 of 68 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2513 posts

Mar 8, 2005

,Wakka333Blitzer wrote:

,Blaq wrote:

,thebaldduelist wrote:

,DarkCloud(R) wrote:

,thebaldduelist wrote:

,DarkCloud(R) wrote:
Ijustdon't trust used games. Yes they are cheaper but half the timetherevery badly scratched up, finger printed, or doesn't have the caseorbook. I'm just a little picky when I comes to buying anything,"Theymust be factory fresh". But alas, these games are disappearingfast,and the only means of getting are in fact getting a preownedcopy...*Sigh,

I hearya, Iam like that too. I never EVER bought anything preowned in thepast. IfI received anything preowned as a gift, I used to look at it asaninsult. I was pretty overboard. I still prefer new but I buy usedtoonow. I try to scrutinize any used purchase first. I haven't hadanyproblems and so far I have had all positive experiences. I recentlygotone that was in such excellent condition, I thought it was minetobegin with. I guess you could say I mellowed out a bit as I got older.

Haha yeah i'm the same why with getting used games for gifts. "What am I not good enough enough to get a new copy"?
Areyougood at covering it up? Or does the look on your face give it away?Forme, they could see the look on my face and know what I am thinking.Itry not to do that anymore, cuz i realize that from some people thatiswhat they could afford and it was the thought that counts. Now if itwasfrom a cheapskate, that's different. LOL

YOuguysmake me not feel so bad about how picky I am..  I scrutinizegamesso hard..  I made a dude at gamestop open up a sealed butused Arcthe lad collection just so I could see if it had thebooklets.. And sure enough, NO BOOKLET!!!  I was like, "I'mnot payin yall no$39 for a collectors item with no frickinbooklet..  They tried tohustle people with that stupid seal..

On the other hand, I justbought a used copy of FFVIII with strategyguide for $15 (which INCLUDEDshipping) from this dude inCalifornia..  When I opened the box Iwas SO SURPRISED!!! FFVIII was dang near brand new and so was thestrategy guide eventhough he bought it when it first came out..  Iwas blown.. 

So I guess you get lucky with used sometimes, but I completely understand what you guys are talking about.. 

Youthink that's bad?  Last time I went to GameStop, I boughtDrakengard and the strategy guide for $65... drove home, opened thecase only to find that there was no game in it.  I called themimmediatly to inform them of their mistake, and they had the nerve totell me that I probably just took it out and that I was trying to get afree copy of it.

Whoa man I'd be kicking ass.

G.A.P member since Jan 23, 2004
t
Please use plain text.
Message 53 of 68 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6975 posts

Mar 8, 2005

,Blaq wrote:

,thebaldduelist wrote:

,DarkCloud(R) wrote:

,thebaldduelist wrote:

,DarkCloud(R) wrote:
Ijust don't trust used games. Yes they are cheaper but half the timethere very badly scratched up, finger printed, or doesn't have the caseor book. I'm just a little picky when I comes to buying anything, "Theymust be factory fresh". But alas, these games are disappearing fast,and the only means of getting are in fact getting a pre ownedcopy...*Sigh,

I hear ya, Iam like that too. I never EVER bought anything preowned in the past. IfI received anything preowned as a gift, I used to look at it as aninsult. I was pretty overboard. I still prefer new but I buy used toonow. I try to scrutinize any used purchase first. I haven't had anyproblems and so far I have had all positive experiences. I recently gotone that was in such excellent condition, I thought it was mine tobegin with. I guess you could say I mellowed out a bit as I got older.

Areyou good at covering it up? Or does the look on your face give it away?For me, they could see the look on my face and know what I am thinking.I try not to do that anymore, cuz i realize that from some people thatis what they could afford and it was the thought that counts. Now if itwas from a cheapskate, that's different. LOL

YOuguys make me not feel so bad about how picky I am..  I scrutinizegames so hard..  I made a dude at gamestop open up a sealed butused Arc the lad collection just so I could see if it had thebooklets..  And sure enough, NO BOOKLET!!!  I was like, "I'mnot payin yall no $39 for a collectors item with no frickinbooklet..  They tried to hustle people with that stupid seal..

On the other hand, I just bought a used copy of FFVIII with strategyguide for $15 (which INCLUDED shipping) from this dude inCalifornia..  When I opened the box I was SO SURPRISED!!! FFVIII was dang near brand new and so was the strategy guide eventhough he bought it when it first came out..  I was blown.. 

Here is how I operate. I am like a freak when it comes to keeping my stuff in perfect condition. So I really only want to buy games in that same condition, I consider it only fair. I will by used to save money and I have had very good luck, I have gotten games in condition so good I think it was mine to begin with. However like a big ol slap in the face guess what happened yesterday after I got through on here talking about used games. My copy of NG arrived and it was in such bad condition it didn't work.  I checked the slip and it said it could be returned to any EB store and since someone was heading to the mall I gave em the game and asked them to exchange it. Guess what? The second one was worse than the first. I checked the console out and it is fine and plays all my other games and I even put some audio CD's in. So I know it is the games. Now I either have to get all the way back out to the mall or find someone going and exchange it AGAIN or pay $15 to $20 more for a new copy if they even let you do that. I was so ticked. I guess that is what I get for giving used games a compliment publically. LOL

Please use plain text.
Message 54 of 68 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
299 posts

Feb 7, 2006
Well, since someone else bumped the PS2 RPG thread, I decided to bump this one, as well!

Here is my list of PS1 RPGs (there may be a couple on here that don't belong.)  Every one has the book (except for Suikoden 1, but for $6, who's going to argue?)  All of these are the first printing instead of the Greatest Hits version.
Alundra, Alundra 2, Arc the Lad Collection, Azure Dreams, Battle Hunter, Blazing Dragons, Brave Fencer Musashi, Breath of Fire IV, Brigandine, Bushido Blade, Chrono Cross, Darkstone, Ehrgeiz, Eternal Eyes, Final Fantasy Anthology (V & VI,) Final Fantasy Origins (I & II,) Final Fantasy Tactics, Final Fantasy VII, Final Fantasy VIII, Final Fantasy IX, Front Mission 3, Grandia, The Granstream Saga, Harvest Moon: Back to Nature, Jade Cocoon: Story of the Tamamayu, King's Field, King's Field II, Koudelka, The Legend of Dragoon, Legend of Legaia, Legend of Mana, Parasite Eve, Parasite Eve II, Persona, Persona 2: Eternal Punishment, RPG Maker, Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure, Romance of the Three Kingdoms IV: Wall of Fire, SaGa Frontier, SaGa Frontier 2, Saiyuki: Journey West, Shadow Madness, Shadow Tower, Star Ocean: The Second Story, Suikoden, Suikoden II, Tecmo's Deception, Thousand Arms, Threads of Fate, Torneko: The Last Hope, Vagrant Story, Vandal Hearts, Vandal Hearts II, Wild Arms, Wild Arms 2, Xenogears

I am still trying to track these down, (again, some may not belong):
Beyond the Beyond, Breath of Fire 3, Bushido Blade 2, Chocobo's Dungeon 1 & 2,  Chocobo's Racing, Chronicles of the Sword, Deception III: Dark Delusion,Dragon Seeds, Dragon Valor, Dragon Warrior VII, Echo Night, Einhander, Elemental Gearbolt,  Final Fantasy Chronicles (IV & Chrono Trigger,) Front Mission 2, Guardian's Crusade, Hoshigami, Kagero: Deception 2, Kartia, Langrisser I & II, Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete, Lunar: Eternal Blue Complete, Misadventures of Tron Bonne, Ogre Battle, Sentient, Silhouette Mirage, Tactics Ogre, Tail Concerto, Tales of Destiny 1 & 2, Tales of Phantasia, Valkyrie Profile, Vanguard Bandits, Warhammer: Shadow of the Rat

Please use plain text.
Message 55 of 68 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
742 posts

Feb 7, 2006
  1. Alundra
  2. Arc the Lad
  3. Arc the Lad II
  4. Arc the Lad III
  5. Azure Dreams
  6. Beyond the Beyond
  7. Breath of Fire III
  8. Breath of Fire IV
  9. Brave Fencer Musashi
  10. Chocobo's Dungeon 2
  11. Choro Q Wonderful!
  12. Chrono Cross
  13. Chrono Trigger
  14. Darkstone
  15. Deception
  16. Diablo
  17. Digimon World
  18. Digimon World 2
  19. Digimon World 3
  20. Dragon Quest VII: Eden no Senshi-tachi
  21. Eternal Eyes
  22. Final Fantasy Origins
  23. Final Fantasy IV
  24. Final Fantasy IX
  25. Final Fantasy V
  26. Final Fantasy VI
  27. Final Fantasy VII
  28. Final Fantasy VIII
  29. Genso Suikoden
  30. Genso Suikoden II
  31. Grandia
  32. Granstream Saga, The
  33. Guardian's Crusade
  34. Harvest Moon: Back To Nature
  35. Jade Cocoon: Story of Tamamayu
  36. King's Field
  37. King's Field II
  38. Koudelka
  39. Legaia Densetsu
  40. Legend of Dragoon, The
  41. Legend of Mana
  42. Lunar 2: Eternal Blue Complete
  43. Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete
  44. Megami Ibunroku Persona
  45. Persona 2: Eternal Punishment
  46. Persona 2: Innocent Sin
  47. Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure
  48. RPG Maker
  49. SaGa Frontier
  50. SaGa Frontier 2
  51. Shadow Tower
  52. Star Ocean: The Second Story
  53. Tactics Ogre
  54. Tales of Destiny
  55. Tales of Eternia
  56. Tales of Phantasia
  57. Thousand Arms
  58. Threads of Fate
  59. Torneko: The Last Hope
  60. Vagrant Story
  61. Valkyrie Profile
  62. Wild Arms
  63. Wild Arms 2
  64. Xenogears

Note:  Some of these are imported.

Please use plain text.
Message 56 of 68 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
45517 posts

Feb 7, 2006
Final Fantasy VI
Final Fantasy VIII
Final Fantasy IX

You really expect more than this eh? Maybe VII, Anthologies and Origins too can be added but that would be it. Finding PSOne RPG's in England is like finding a needle in a Tropical Rainforest.
Please use plain text.
Message 57 of 68 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2080 posts

Feb 7, 2006
Final Fantasy Tactics
Final Fantasy Origins
Final Fantasy Chronicles
Final Fantasy Anthology
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy VIII
Final Fantasy IX
Dragon Warrior VII
Please use plain text.
Message 58 of 68 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Final Boss
30058 posts

Feb 7, 2006

littlefuzzy wrote:
Well, since someone else bumped the PS2 RPG thread, I decided to bump this one, as well!

I

Next time...don't.
Formally chaynes...
Please use plain text.
Message 59 of 68 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5401 posts

Feb 7, 2006

maricam wrote:

Once again, I don't have a large collection:

• Xenogears
  • Final Fantasy Anthology
  • Final Fantasy VII
  • Final Fantasy VIII
  • Final Fantasy IX
  • Chrono Cross
  • Valkyrie Profile
  • Vagrant Story
  • Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete
  • Lunar: Eternal Blue
  • Wild ARMs
  • Jade Cocoon (RPG hybrid)
  • Breath of Fire IV
  • Legend of Dragoon

I also have Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain which, surprisingly, has a very good story...but I guess it isn't really a RPG.

Not a large collection??  Bigger than mine....

• Final Fantasy VII
  • Final Fantasy VIII

PS1 RPGs I want to get:

• Final Fantasy IX
  • Final Fantasy Tactics
  • Final Fantasy Anthologies
  • Chrono Cross
  • Legend of Dragoon
  • Dragon Warrior VII
  • ...and any other RPG similar to these that I don't know of.  I know hardly any PS1 games in the entire library at all as it is....

Message Edited by Gunner Yuna on 02-07-200601:26 PM

~ Credit to MaggIvy for making me this beautiful sig! Thanks! ~
Please use plain text.
Message 60 of 68 (0 Views)
0 Likes