Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Treasure Hunter
6975 posts

Re: Post all your PS1 RPGs (Especially you Guru)

Mar 7, 2005

,Wakka333Blitzer wrote:
Hmmm...

1) Azure Dreams
2) Legend of Mana
3) Darkstone
4) Threads of Fate
5) Legend of Dragoon
6) Final Fantasy Tactics
7) Final Fantasy Origins
8) Final Fantasy VII
9) Final Fantasy VIII
10) Final Fantasy IX
11) Brave Fencer Musashi
12) Chrono Cross

*laughs*

Am I the only one with Brave Fencer Musashi?

No I own it too. LOL

Message 41 of 68 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6975 posts

Mar 7, 2005

,DarkCloud(R) wrote:
I just don't trust used games. Yes they are cheaper but half the time there very badly scratched up, finger printed, or doesn't have the case or book. I'm just a little picky when I comes to buying anything, "They must be factory fresh". But alas, these games are disappearing fast, and the only means of getting are in fact getting a pre owned copy...*Sigh,

I hear ya, I am like that too. I never EVER bought anything preowned in the past. If I received anything preowned as a gift, I used to look at it as an insult. I was pretty overboard. I still prefer new but I buy used too now. I try to scrutinize any used purchase first. I haven't had any problems and so far I have had all positive experiences. I recently got one that was in such excellent condition, I thought it was mine to begin with. I guess you could say I mellowed out a bit as I got older.

Message 42 of 68 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2513 posts

Mar 7, 2005

,thebaldduelist wrote:

,DarkCloud(R) wrote:
I just don't trust used games. Yes they are cheaper but half the time there very badly scratched up, finger printed, or doesn't have the case or book. I'm just a little picky when I comes to buying anything, "They must be factory fresh". But alas, these games are disappearing fast, and the only means of getting are in fact getting a pre owned copy...*Sigh,

I hear ya, I am like that too. I never EVER bought anything preowned in the past. If I received anything preowned as a gift, I used to look at it as an insult. I was pretty overboard. I still prefer new but I buy used too now. I try to scrutinize any used purchase first. I haven't had any problems and so far I have had all positive experiences. I recently got one that was in such excellent condition, I thought it was mine to begin with. I guess you could say I mellowed out a bit as I got older.

Haha yeah i'm the same why with getting used games for gifts. "What am I not good enough enough to get a new copy"?

G.A.P member since Jan 23, 2004
t
Message 43 of 68 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6975 posts

Mar 7, 2005

,DarkCloud(R) wrote:

,thebaldduelist wrote:

,DarkCloud(R) wrote:

Haha yeah i'm the same why with getting used games for gifts. "What am I not good enough enough to get a new copy"?
Are you good at covering it up? Or does the look on your face give it away? For me, they could see the look on my face and know what I am thinking. I try not to do that anymore, cuz i realize that from some people that is what they could afford and it was the thought that counts. Now if it was from a cheapskate, that's different. LOL

Message 44 of 68 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2014 posts

Mar 7, 2005

,DarkCloud(R) wrote:
...I envy you, You have alot of games I miss out on. I would go out and buy them now (If I can find them) but I have a rule about buying used games...,

So do I: The more, the merrier!

Hey, why pay $50 for something you can get for $15? That's called being a good consumer (or thrifty, I forget which).

---------------------

As for what RPG's I have for PS1:

- Final Fantasy 8

- Demo of Lunar 2: Eternal Blue

- If they count, MegaMan Legends 1 & 2.

That's about it. I only have a few more PS1 games in all, anyways.

King_of_Strategy: "I just finished reading 'Great Expectations'."
Man: "Was it any good?"
King_of_Strategy: "Eh, it wasn't everything I had hoped for..."
Message 45 of 68 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
19284 posts

Mar 7, 2005

,FantasyMasterXVIII wrote:

,DarkCloud(R) wrote:
...I envy you, You have alot of games I miss out on. I would go out and buy them now (If I can find them) but I have a rule about buying used games...,

So do I: The more, the merrier!

Hey, why pay $50 for something you can get for $15? That's called being a good consumer (or thrifty, I forget which).

---------------------

As for what RPG's I have for PS1:

- Final Fantasy 8

- Demo of Lunar 2: Eternal Blue

- If they count, MegaMan Legends 1 & 2.

That's about it. I only have a few more PS1 games in all, anyways.

Get the full game man. I posted where you could find it either in this topic or another. I have Megaman legends 1 and 2 as well, but I didn't count them.
Please do not send me a friend's request without telling me who you are and where I know you from. Thank you.

Message 46 of 68 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4200 posts

Mar 7, 2005

thebaldduelist wrote:

DarkCloud(R) wrote:

thebaldduelist wrote:

DarkCloud(R) wrote:
I,just don't trust used games. Yes they are cheaper but half the time,there very badly scratched up, finger printed, or doesn't have the case,or book. I'm just a little picky when I comes to buying anything, "They,must be factory fresh". But alas, these games are disappearing fast,,and the only means of getting are in fact getting a pre owned,copy...*Sigh

I hear ya, I,am like that too. I never EVER bought anything preowned in the past. If,I received anything preowned as a gift, I used to look at it as an,insult. I was pretty overboard. I still prefer new but I buy used too,now. I try to scrutinize any used purchase first. I haven't had any,problems and so far I have had all positive experiences. I recently got,one that was in such excellent condition, I thought it was mine to,begin with. I guess you could say I mellowed out a bit as I got older.

Are,you good at covering it up? Or does the look on your face give it away?,For me, they could see the look on my face and know what I am thinking.,I try not to do that anymore, cuz i realize that from some people that,is what they could afford and it was the thought that counts. Now if it,was from a cheapskate, that's different. LOL

YOu,guys make me not feel so bad about how picky I am..  I scrutinize,games so hard..  I made a dude at gamestop open up a sealed but,used Arc the lad collection just so I could see if it had the,booklets..  And sure enough, NO BOOKLET!!!  I was like, "I'm,not payin yall no $39 for a collectors item with no frickin,booklet..  They tried to hustle people with that stupid seal..
,On the other hand, I just bought a used copy of FFVIII with strategy,guide for $15 (which INCLUDED shipping) from this dude in,California..  When I opened the box I was SO SURPRISED!!! ,FFVIII was dang near brand new and so was the strategy guide even,though he bought it when it first came out..  I was blown.. 
,So I guess you get lucky with used sometimes, but I completely understand what you guys are talking about.. 
Digikoto is no more... But you can keep up with my blog for the latest and greatest in gaming, music and entertainment editorials...

TSL Blog
Blog RSS Feeds
TSL on Twitter
Message 47 of 68 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
21267 posts

Mar 7, 2005

,Blaq wrote:

YOuguys make me not feel so bad about how picky I am..  I scrutinizegames so hard..  I made a dude at gamestop open up a sealed butused Arc the lad collection just so I could see if it had thebooklets..  And sure enough, NO BOOKLET!!!  I was like, "I'mnot payin yall no $39 for a collectors item with no frickinbooklet..  They tried to hustle people with that stupid seal..

On the other hand, I just bought a used copy of FFVIII with strategyguide for $15 (which INCLUDED shipping) from this dude inCalifornia..  When I opened the box I was SO SURPRISED!!! FFVIII was dang near brand new and so was the strategy guide eventhough he bought it when it first came out..  I was blown.. 

So I guess you get lucky with used sometimes, but I completely understand what you guys are talking about.. 

I'm an avid supporter of used games...especially if it's dirt cheap. If I'm paying $10 for Rhapsody, I don't have much of a right to complain about its condition, especially if it still has the soundtrack (no booklet though).

My copy of Lunar 2 was used, and absolutely everything was included, and the little standees hadn't been opened or anything. The entire thing was in incredible condition. I'm actually shocked the demo to Lunar 2 wasn't slipped in there. And when you get it and the hardbound strategy guide for $15, I would never say bad about used games.

Disc games are the only ones I refuse to buy used without at least their case (hence no Brave Fencer Musashi). Cartridges, I couldn't care less about, since I didn't keep them in their cases (although I began to towards the end of the N64, so I won't buy a GBA game without a case and booklet). I've got a thing I do that gets me my booklets, but I choose not to expand. I think Rhapsody is the only one I don't have a booklet for, but I'd buy the game again in a heartbeat if I were ever lucky enough to find it a second time.

Message 48 of 68 (0 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7204 posts

Mar 7, 2005

Blaq wrote:

thebaldduelist wrote:

DarkCloud(R) wrote:

thebaldduelist wrote:

DarkCloud(R) wrote:
Ijust,don't trust used games. Yes they are cheaper but half the timethere,very badly scratched up, finger printed, or doesn't have the caseor,book. I'm just a little picky when I comes to buying anything,,"Theymust be factory fresh". But alas, these games are disappearing,fast,and the only means of getting are in fact getting a pre,ownedcopy...*Sigh

I hear,ya, Iam like that too. I never EVER bought anything preowned in the,past. IfI received anything preowned as a gift, I used to look at it as,aninsult. I was pretty overboard. I still prefer new but I buy used,toonow. I try to scrutinize any used purchase first. I haven't had,anyproblems and so far I have had all positive experiences. I recently,gotone that was in such excellent condition, I thought it was mine,tobegin with. I guess you could say I mellowed out a bit as I got older.

Areyou,good at covering it up? Or does the look on your face give it away?For,me, they could see the look on my face and know what I am thinking.I,try not to do that anymore, cuz i realize that from some people thatis,what they could afford and it was the thought that counts. Now if itwas,from a cheapskate, that's different. LOL

YOuguys,make me not feel so bad about how picky I am..  I scrutinizegames,so hard..  I made a dude at gamestop open up a sealed butused Arc,the lad collection just so I could see if it had thebooklets.. ,And sure enough, NO BOOKLET!!!  I was like, "I'mnot payin yall no,$39 for a collectors item with no frickinbooklet..  They tried to,hustle people with that stupid seal..

On the other hand, I just,bought a used copy of FFVIII with strategyguide for $15 (which INCLUDED,shipping) from this dude inCalifornia..  When I opened the box I,was SO SURPRISED!!! FFVIII was dang near brand new and so was the,strategy guide eventhough he bought it when it first came out..  I,was blown.. 

So I guess you get lucky with used sometimes, but I completely understand what you guys are talking about.. 

You,think that's bad?  Last time I went to GameStop, I bought,Drakengard and the strategy guide for $65... drove home, opened the,case only to find that there was no game in it.  I called them,immediatly to inform them of their mistake, and they had the nerve to,tell me that I probably just took it out and that I was trying to get a,free copy of it.
Message 49 of 68 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7838 posts

Mar 7, 2005
My list of PSone RPG's to get is probably longer than the PSone RPG's I own, but I'll list them anyway.
,1)Final Fantasy: Origins
,2)Final Fantasy: Chronicles
,3)Final Fantasy: Anthology
,4)Final Fantasy VII
,5)Final Fantasy VIII
,6)Final Fantasy IX
,7)Xenogears
,8)Chrono Cross
,9)Valkyrie Profile
,10)Vagrant Story
,11)Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete
,12)Lunar 2: Eternal Blue Complete