Dec 06 2011
By: TimothyMcNeeley First Son 6 posts

Please bring Dragon Quest to the Playstation Store

15 replies 3467 views Edited Dec 6, 2011

I would love to see Dragon Quest 8 as a "Playstation 2 Classic"! I would give anything to be able to play this game both on my PS3 and my PSP. Out of the "Playstation-era DQs", 8 was the absolute best. (DQ2 and DQ4 will always be tied for the number 1 spot in my heart for all time but they were Nintendo's) I would also like to see Dragon Warrior VII (Dragon Quest 7) as a "PS One Classic". Since we are in "The Winter of RPGs", would it be possible to bring VIII to the Playstation Store?

Message 1 of 16 (3,467 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11202 posts

Re: Please bring Dragon Quest to the Playstation Store

Dec 9, 2011

I completely agree. I'd love to have Dragon Quest VII available. I still have DQ VIII for the PS2, but I think I wouldn't mind  having it as a download either. Maybe a re-release for the Vita even.

Message 2 of 16 (3,467 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2409 posts

Dec 15, 2011

I would love to see HD remakes of Dragon Quest 7+.  It would be cool to be able to get Dragon Quest 7, 8, and 9 all on one Blu-Ray disc in 1080P/60FPS with full trophy support for each game.  That would be awesome.

Message 3 of 16 (3,467 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jan 30, 2012

YES!  Ever since I saw the Ps Classics section I've been praying for a release of Dragon Quest XIII.  THEN when I recently say the PS 2 Classic section I almost capped my pants I am sooo praying for the rerelease of DQ XIII!!!

I see people's wish lists for trophy support etc but realize that is not likely, however a widescreen treatment would be a nice touch!

Message 4 of 16 (3,467 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11300 posts

Jan 31, 2012

If there's one RPG-centric person that hasn't seen enough of Dragon Quest, that'd be me. Although I've technically played Dragon Quest V, VI, VIII, and IX, the ninth installment is so far the only one I've managed to complete.

The eighth chapter was definitely the game that first got me interested in the franchise. It would be great to see it relived on the PlayStation Network in some way. I also wouldn't mind trying out Dragon Warrior VII one of these days.

Message 5 of 16 (3,467 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Feb 2, 2012

Yes I agree, please bring Dragon Quest VII and VIII to PSN!

Message 6 of 16 (3,467 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Mar 18, 2012

i agree too, i simply refuse to buy a crappy ds or wii U with dragon quest games being the only purpose.  I would also be unbelievably pissed if they ever try to put dq8 on ds/wii only. i wish there was a way to gauranteeingly get sony to listen to the dq fans but i guess all we can do for now is keep up the forums.

Message 7 of 16 (3,467 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Mar 18, 2012

i don't use a lot of $$$ on the playstation store, having only downloaded ff7&9, but i would definately buy this if it ever happened.

Message 8 of 16 (3,467 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

May 9, 2012

I have spent a bit of money in the past on the PSN store. but out of all the things i have bought so far. they would seem small compared to a purchase of DragonQuest VIII. one of my all time fav games. spent hundreds of hours playing this game. VERY fun game very worth the time. a cool idea wold be a new one or an online or multiplayer feature where you can team up with other players. But yeah, at this point after seeing how many fans of Dragon Quest VIII there are. id be dissapointed if they didn't make it into a PSN Ps2 Classic.

Sub-Zero367.png

Message 9 of 16 (3,467 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2022 posts

May 9, 2012

I really want Dragon Quest X for the PS3.

Message 10 of 16 (3,467 Views)
0 Likes