Feb 26 2009
By: eXodd Fender Bender 4239 posts

Persona 3 FES: Tips for an unexperinced player?

8 replies 4026 views Edited Feb 26, 2009

Alright, so i restarted my game on Persona 3 FES and wanted to know a few things.

Does the hard diffivulty has any advantages over normal? Because i'm going on Normal right now and also wanted to know if it was possible to make a New Game Plus on Hard when i beat the game on normal.

Is there any missable Events/Items/Personas/Fusions and such? I'm only using the "Max Social Link guide" from GameFAQs and i don't want to use several of them. S. Link is pretty complicated and i want to make sure i don't screw the whole thing up after 100 hours of playtime and have to restart my game once more.

Which girl should i date? I like Mitsuru most i think but i like YUKA-TAN as well and that girl (forgot her name) from the kendo team is pretty cute too lol..

I think that's all for now. I'll edit if i come up with other questions. Thanks in advance, if there are any replies lol, never really been popular on these Boards.

Message 1 of 9 (4,026 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2096 posts

Re: Persona 3 FES: Tips for an unexperinced player?

Feb 26, 2009

if You are using max s.link guide, who you date and when is pre-determined. You will be on a very tight schedule to get various stat up etc etc.

personally, with P3, I think you should just go for it without any guide.  Hard for me to imagine you messing up enough on your own to destroy your game, if it is at all possible.

you may not even start a link this way, but hell, it is a lot more fun than to follow a preset schedule day in a day out.

Message Edited by wasabi5858 on 02-25-2009 04:54 PM
Now Playing: Aion, Torchlight
intel i7+ Radeon HD5850, go PC!
Click sig for my collection

Photobucket
Message 2 of 9 (4,026 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4239 posts

Feb 26, 2009
Yeah i know it kind of ruins the game but i already played it and am now trying to max it out before i move out to P4.
Message 3 of 9 (4,026 Views)
0 Likes
Final Boss
28533 posts

Feb 26, 2009

eXodd wrote:

Alright, so i restarted my game on Persona 3 FES and wanted to know a few things.

Does the hard diffivulty has any advantages over normal? Because i'm going on Normal right now and also wanted to know if it was possible to make a New Game Plus on Hard when i beat the game on normal.

-Hard is...Harder Smiley Tongue Battles are considerably harder. I don't think it really affects anything else. If I recall correctly, you can change the difficulty if you do a New Game +. The Answer also uses the hard difficulty.

Is there any missable Events/Items/Personas/Fusions and such? I'm only using the "Max Social Link guide" from GameFAQs and i don't want to use several of them. S. Link is pretty complicated and i want to make sure i don't screw the whole thing up after 100 hours of playtime and have to restart my game once more.

-There are many things you can miss, up to and including events, Personas, fusions, and items. Sounds kind of bleak, I know Smiley Tongue I haven't read that particular FAQ in much detail, but if I recall correctly the main focus is leveling up your social links and characteristics. I don't think it leaves much room for anything outside of those two things. The great thing about Persona 3 is that you can do what you want to do. If it's your first time through, I would really advise just playing it as is rather than forcing yourself to follow a rigid schedule

Which girl should i date? I like Mitsuru most i think but i like YUKA-TAN as well and that girl (forgot her name) from the kendo team is pretty cute too lol..

-If you're following the Max Social Link Guide, you'll date all of them haha Persona 3 doesn't offer the choice to just befriend the girls that you can date. Once you reach a certain level, you'll be dating them.

I think that's all for now. I'll edit if i come up with other questions. Thanks in advance, if there are any replies lol, never really been popular on these Boards.

Message 4 of 9 (4,026 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4239 posts

Feb 26, 2009

CronoEX wrote:

eXodd wrote:

-Hard is...Harder Smiley Tongue Battles are considerably harder. I don't think it really affects anything else. If I recall correctly, you can change the difficulty if you do a New Game +. The Answer also uses the hard difficulty.

-There are many things you can miss, up to and including events, Personas, fusions, and items. Sounds kind of bleak, I know Smiley Tongue I haven't read that particular FAQ in much detail, but if I recall correctly the main focus is leveling up your social links and characteristics. I don't think it leaves much room for anything outside of those two things. The great thing about Persona 3 is that you can do what you want to do. If it's your first time through, I would really advise just playing it as is rather than forcing yourself to follow a rigid schedule

-If you're following the Max Social Link Guide, you'll date all of them haha Persona 3 doesn't offer the choice to just befriend the girls that you can date. Once you reach a certain level, you'll be dating them.

lol i though my thread had been locked .

Yeah i figured as much. I'll restart my game on hard then, just prefer it that way for a final Game Save. I'm not saying i'll never P3 again, but i'll replay it for fun and nostalgia only while keeping a maxed out file.

Nah i'm playing for the second time. the way i play RPGs is that i do a first playthrough on my own and see if i like it or not. And if i liked it, i then try to max it out. It's pretty hard to do everything without using that guide because of all the events, S.Link, the game offers a lot of content so i'll just use the Max. Social Link Guide to make sure i can max out my S. Links. I tweak a few things in it, like i don't really care about getting certain S.Link sooner and such, as long as i can max them out. the schedule is a little bit of a pain at the begining but you start getting some loose as you progress so it's not that bad really.

Oh, now that sucks lol. Dating 5 girls at once is kind of a pain, i just wanted to pick one of them

Message Edited by eXodd on 02-25-2009 05:47 PM
Message 5 of 9 (4,026 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3979 posts

Feb 26, 2009

eXodd wrote:

CronoEX wrote:

eXodd wrote:

lol i though my thread had been locked .

Yeah i figured as much. I'll restart my game on hard then, just prefer it that way for a final Game Save. I'm not saying i'll never P3 again, but i'll replay it for fun and nostalgia only while keeping a maxed out file.

Nah i'm playing for the second time. the way i play RPGs is that i do a first playthrough on my own and see if i like it or not. And if i liked it, i then try to max it out. It's pretty hard to do everything without using that guide because of all the events, S.Link, the game offers a lot of content so i'll just use the Max. Social Link Guide to make sure i can max out my S. Links. I tweak a few things in it, like i don't really care about getting certain S.Link sooner and such, as long as i can max them out. the schedule is a little bit of a pain at the begining but you start getting some loose as you progress so it's not that bad really.

Oh, now that sucks lol. Dating 5 girls at once is kind of a pain, i just wanted to pick one of them

Message Edited by eXodd on 02-25-2009 05:47 PM

To elaborate on the hard mode, the enemies seem to be a bit smarter, though it might just be my imagination.  But like ChronoEX said, The Answer is played in hard mode, so you might want to play the main game on hard to ease yourself into it.  Overall though, it's not overly "hard", but it's a good idea to play through the main game at that difficulty level. 

As for the girls, you don't have to date all of them, but Mitsuru is only available after the Kyoto trip, which gives you time to date the others first.  That guide should make it easy.  My friend used it for a time before abandoning it, since he felt somewhat like he was on a leash(It was his first playthrough). But it told him exactly what to do, and when to do it.  Good luck.  

Message 6 of 9 (4,026 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4239 posts

Feb 26, 2009
tross, you're a LIAR! The game is a lot harder on Hard mode lol. Heck i got my ass kick by the very first 2 enemies you meet (on the roof of the dorm with yuka-tan), and i was like... . They got lucky though.
Message Edited by eXodd on 02-26-2009 09:37 AM
Message 7 of 9 (4,026 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3979 posts

Feb 27, 2009

eXodd wrote:
tross, you're a LIAR! The game is a lot harder on Hard mode lol. Heck i got my ass kick by the very first 2 enemies you meet (on the roof of the dorm with yuka-tan), and i was like... . They got lucky though.
Message Edited by eXodd on 02-26-2009 09:37 AM

Really?  Maybe I was just used to the game by the time I played through FES.  Plus, I have played plenty of "difficult" rpgs, so P3 kind of seems like a step down in terms of challenge.  Besides, I did say that the enemy AI seemed to have improved quite a bit.  The enemies seemed more likely to expose my weaknesses, but then again, I wasn't expecting hard mode to be a complete cakewalk.  The best advice I could give you is the following.

If you missed a number of social links, or I should say, didn't max out a number of them, then I recommend trying to hang out with more people, or hanging out with differerent people this time.  Then again, you said you were using the max social link guide, so you should have access to all the best personas, so that might be a given.  Be sure to update your compendium, and fuse as many personas as possible, as often as possible(fusions are better than cards, but cards help too).  Also, if you remember defeating a certain boss at a certain level, try gaining a couple more levels before facing them this time(that goes for other party members as well).  Be sure to choose your final party as soon as you enter the last cell block, adamah.  

Make sure you update your equipment often enough, and that includes accessories.  Up until adamah, I would use all party members at least somewhat evenly, so that you have choices when it comes to choosing a party for a particular boss fight.  And make sure you remain calm no matter what happens, as it's possible to die right before a floor boss.  In that case, you might lose a lot of money, exp, and even rare items.  Aigis isn't the only one who may need to commence a cooling period, and I have often left the game for a period of a full day or more due to frustration.  

The only way to decrease the odds of that happening, is to save often, and make sure you always get a player advantage.  The enemy is likely to get an advantage, even if you react quickly, so make sure it doesn't notice you(enemy advantages likely lead to death).   I'll try to think of more tips to help you out.  

Message 8 of 9 (4,026 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4239 posts

Feb 27, 2009

I was just kidding XD. I did get killed by the first 2 Shadows but like i said they got lucky. I used a regular attack, missed, he got a critical on me and a One more and so one.

I finished the first block of tartarus last night. Rampage Drive was so hard i can't believe i defeated him at level 6 with Nekomata. I got lucky because i couldn't go back to train and then do it later because of Elizabeth's Request. It was 05.07 when i fought him and it's also the last day that i could do the "Retrieve first Old Document" on floor 16 Request. Managed to find the right strategie after something like 5-7 Game Over Screens...

Passed the exams today but i was unable to reach the top scores, my Intelligence was only level 2 but still pulled off good grades though. Right now on my game it's 05.23 and i went to Tartarus for the first time since the second Full Moon. Reached floor 25 and then had to go wash the dishes (in real life lol). I'll probably be back on it in like half an hour or so.

This game is addicting as hell, i wanted to go get some more Trophies on Resistance 2 but i can't take Persona 3 out of PS3 XD

EDIT: Trying to defeat the Guardian at floor 25 and i'm having a real hard time... I'm using a level 11 hairy persona called Yukomo *something*. Anyone has any tips for this one?

Message Edited by eXodd on 02-27-2009 02:42 PM
Message 9 of 9 (4,026 Views)
0 Likes